Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (txdyna65)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-05-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
Has anyone used clear grip traction on their board? Is the grip very good, any yellowing issues or any other issues? I know its most likely not going to be as good as regular traction, but I would like to see the graphics on the top of the board.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-05-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
I use Hula Dek on all my boards. I ride that way until I figure out exactly where to put the traction. Doesn't yellow at all.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
I got some from here.

http://surfsource.net/retail/index.htm

RJ has this on his smed, it really helps. We use it around the traction, so you don't slip off when on edges of traction. If you just cruise, hula deck by itself is just fine, but I think if you ride more aggressively, you want hula deck with traction on top of it. Dennis hooked us up with this stuff, good stuff.

(Message edited by ragboy on August 05, 2009)
Old     (txdyna65)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-06-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tips, I did check out the hula grip last night. What about clear grip tape like from this place http://www.amsystem.us/surfboard_traction.html

I would like to use something clear and not have to use traction that you cant see through. But if it doesnt grip well or doesnt last I guess I will have to go with regular traction. Just exploring my options.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-06-2009, 9:36 PM Reply   
Mobsquad put some spray on stuff on my lf custom before I got it and I like it so far.
It feels like it would be rough on your feet but when in the water it's great.