Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (mastertug)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Thinking of camping here soon and was trying to find out some input. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this campground? Can you keep the boat in the water overnight? Thanks alot
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Windy road to get there but is a nice campground. I probably wouldn't leave my boat in overnight. Great water usually on the McCloud arm also where it is located.
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Yeap, we stayed at one of the group campgrounds 2 yrs in a row and was heading up there again in 3 weeks until my son's baseball tournament changed that!!!

Yes, you can keep the boat in the water overnight, just make sure your anchor light is on at night. My neighbors and I anchored all 3 of our boats overnight for 4 nights there last year and didn't have any problems.

Great fishing too if you like fishing. We caught 12 large mouth bass last year in about 2 hrs one evening.

Oh and behold of the spectacular views, it's just beautiful there at Shasta.

(Message edited by kvoman on June 24, 2008)
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-24-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
how is the water level?

We have a trip planed for the end of July
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
If I am correct the water is already so low that the launch ramp is already closed.

Although I do remember that the did have a secondary ramp.

It is a long windy road, but some of the best camping. It is super close to the water, and also relitively close to Holiday Harbor so if you needed anything on your trip, you could take the short trip to there.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-25-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
At this point the campground is going to be pretty far from the water as the lake is allready 80' down.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
Great campgound. No place to leave your boat in the water where you can keep an eye on it.
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-25-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Hirz Bay Launch Ramp has two ramps. One for high water (4 lanes) and one for low water (2 lanes). Only the low water ramp is open now, according to the Shasta website.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-25-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Here are the ramp level operations for Shasta. The lake is about 82' down right now.

Upload
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-25-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
This is going to be a really bad year for shasta. The water is droping from 4-6 inches a day. Second ramp at Hirz bay is open. I'm not really sure if the second ramp will remain open, but i don't see why not. Had a great week at shasta except for the smoke from a fire in Redding. We had lightning and thunder that started 2 fires that i spoted but those CDF guys are really great and jumped on it by sending 2 guys with parichutes in too knock out the biggest one and they did it fast. Last year they closed down Hirz bay for awhile too fight the fires, so you could not even launch there for awhile. Hirz bay is nice now with very little wind for at least half of the day, and you can ride all the way up to Dekkas rock.