Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
My question is about the wired remote in the dash of the Moomba's. It is White and an oval shape on the right side of the dash.
I have a 2004 XLV and have a Kenwood KDC- X790 deck in it but the wired remote is not compatible with the deck. I looked online at the Kenwood specific Wired remotes and it looks as if they are not compatible with my deck either.

So my question to you guys is what is your deck/wired remote setup in your boat. I need specific model #'s and suggestions
Thanks
Erik
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-23-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
You should have the same radio as me (04 SSV) this remote works with mine.Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Here is a pic:
Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
The stereo is not the original stereo that came in the boat.

Adam,
What deck is in your boat.
Model number Please.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-23-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
E double U, the remote in your picture will also work with my deck...it's the cheaper of the two. I dont; knwo the model number off hand but here is a link to the remote with compatible decks.

http://www.audioallies.com/GetItem.asp?Item=KCA%2DRC50MR
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Adam,
That helps alot . Thanks
Erik
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Also will that Kenwood Remote fit in the place of the one in my boat?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-23-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
It should , they are roughly the same size. the hole that is drilled is very small. the new remote will definately cover it up
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Gentleman, I wanted to add this bit to the thread.
Shier's choice gets their Kenwoods HU from a place call Tri-star. Tri-star adds a blue pig tail that allows the white Aware remote to work. If the radio is not from skiers choice the wired remote won't work. There is another wird remote that I saw resently that will work. CMP something I'll look back and see if i can find the link.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
http://www.audiooutfitter.com/
this is the link....there is a pic of it in a earlier thread called " opinions on stereo head units
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
http://www.audiooutfitter.com/
this is the link....there is a pic of it in a earlier thread called " opinions on stereo head units" based on the site this remote is one of the only ones that will work for most aftermarket HU's
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Aqua,
Than ks for the info. I was not able to find the wired remote on that website though.

I would like to keep my current deck ( because it is brand new ) nad find a wired remote that it will work with rather than having to buy a new deck and a new remote.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-23-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Aquaholic- I know you're intentions are good, but you are incorrect! Tri-star does not add the wire to the back for the remote to work. The wired remotes only work on Marine HU's. I own a 2004 XLV as well and did not order the stereo for it as I was planning on installing a sizeable system myself. I picked up my Kenwood Marine HU off Ebay. It has the connection for the wired remote. In fact, I hooked up 3 of them to my HU.

So E Double U- You don't have a marine HU. You don't have to have a marine HU for a boat, but if you want that remote you do. Plus, a marine HU is a good idea for a boat. Kenwood and others make great HU's for marine use. Difference? They have a coating on the circuit boards to protect them from moisture. That's it besides the addition for the wired remote for the Kenwoods. I didn't like the remotes that Kenwood has for their HU's at first till I found out that I can link as many remotes together as I want and they will all control the stereo. I have one for the driver, one on the transom (like the pic above) and one in the bow of the boat strategically placed to be easily accessed with your arm around someone of the opposite sex and if the boat is beached (in nice soft sand or in very shallow water) it can be reached from outside the boat if you're chillin on the beach. I spent alot of time planning out my system and remote locations was part of it!

(Message edited by kraig on May 23, 2006)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-23-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
kraig,
Thanks for the info. If I get a Kenwood Marine head unit will the wired remote that I have work with it?

DOes the Kenwood Wired Remote fit in that space where the one I have is?

Thanks for everything, this helps a lot.
Erik
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-24-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
The two remotes pictured above- the Aventis and the Kenwood are interchangeable. Only one wire actually connects the remote to the HU.

I too made the same mistake by purchasing a non-wired remote Kenwood HU (KDC-MP828). Now my wired remote sits useless in the transom. I would have replaced with a like Kenwood marine but the steering box interfers with the RCAs. (I needed a HU with pigtails)

Erik-
You won't need to swap out remotes, but make sure any new HU you buy has the wired remote lead. I've had the morons at BestBuy and Crutchfield tell me all Kenwoods have the wired remote leads... My original Kenwood (KDC-MP4028) had the wired remote lead.

(Message edited by doug2 on May 24, 2006)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-24-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
I Have decided to sell my Kenwood Excelon X-790 Head unit and go get a marine one. I have it up for sale in the accessories section. Smokin deal only $150 shipped. I paid over $220 + tax just 1 month ago for it and it has never seen the water yet.