Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-03-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
Preface: I'm not a fighter

I was at a pool party with some friends and this guy who was a big steroid freak (back acne galore) was talking $!!T to a girlfriend of mine who dissed him. He wouldn't stop...and her being hispanic wouldn't stop either. She went over to him...I followed knowing something was going to happen. She started running her mouth as he was doing the same ...and then out of no where he pushed her to the ground. I came out right in front of his face.....and laid him out...1 punch. None of his steroid friends tried to fight me or anything and all 60 or so people there agreed that he got what he deserved.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2010, 7:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
all 60 or so people there agreed that he got what he deserved.
oh, well in that case...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
i don't mean to be harsh. i'm glad it worked out for you this time, but it could've turned out rather badly for you and your friend w/ the guy having other "steroid friends" there. sometimes, you just gotta walk away. in most people's eyes, you'd be seen as the bigger man.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-03-2010, 10:45 PM Reply   
IMO Joe is probabbly right, but anyone who pushes a chick to the ground probabbly deserves a beat down. Way to stick up for the chick Ben.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-03-2010, 10:49 PM Reply   
And you have to come on the wakeworld forums and post it? Don't be proud, feel like a Corky for having to brag about it.

If you gotta stand up for something, stand up for it. Plain and simple, take care of business.

You are a bigger doucebag than the steroid goon for going and putting up your "conquest" on the internet. Real bad asses don't talk, punk asses talk on the internet
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-03-2010, 11:54 PM Reply   
Lets hope the dude does not press assault charges against you within the next day.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-04-2010, 1:22 AM Reply   
Wow!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Last edited by jimmy_z; 04-04-2010 at 1:26 AM.
Old    bigdtx            04-04-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
Sounds like a great party. How many people puked?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-04-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Is this the jersey shore?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-04-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Guys, he said he is not a fighter. So we should be really impressed that he dummied this guy. Especially with the back acne.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-04-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-04-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff359 View Post
And you have to come on the wakeworld forums and post it? Don't be proud, feel like a Corky for having to brag about it.

If you gotta stand up for something, stand up for it. Plain and simple, take care of business.

You are a bigger doucebag than the steroid goon for going and putting up your "conquest" on the internet. Real bad asses don't talk, punk asses talk on the internet
wow...I was just sharing my story with my friends on wakeworld...the same as I do with a lot of stories in my life...not trying to brag. Anyway, I'm sorry if my post bothered you, and thank you for calling me a douchebag and insinuating that I'm a "punk ass"
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
Did the girl at least "repay" you for your actions? If so, then I would say it was worth it lol
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
A slow reader would get a whole nother idea when reading the title,
"just laid a dude ...," GROSS, "out" .... whew.

Fighting is super lame.... only very rare cases that it would actually be considered acceptable... and this may make me sound like a total *******, but if the woman was running her mouth and acting like a bitch he should know that sooner or later someone won't care she is a girl and smack her up.... not saying its right, but it happens.

I've never been in a fight, but two of my roomies are hot heads so I'm sure its a matter of time until they pull me into one sometime at the bar
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2010, 6:59 AM Reply   
Best line I ever heard at a party:
Girl: "I punch like a man!"
Guy: "Chick, I promise I will hit you back like a man."
Girl: "WHAAAAAA!!!"
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-05-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
...and her being hispanic wouldn't stop either.

You're an idiot.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-05-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
i have back ance. dont hit me!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
As you get older and have more to lose, the desire to fight even for justified reasons will fade.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-05-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
As you get older and have more to lose, the desire to fight even for justified reasons will fade.
That is as true as it gets. Justified or not, it's just way too much trouble..
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
This is the kind of thing you like seeing in a movie but in real life its just bad Karma. Its great that you defended some girl but IMO you would have been a bigger better guy stepping in before your G friend got in in some guys face. That way you "might" have avoided what happend. I try and avoid people that get into these types of verbal and physical confertations. I know what your talking about (Latin RAGE) LOL I prefer to hang with people that can see a confentation b4 it happens and take steps to avoid it. I don't wanna think what I would do if someone hit my girl or someone I was with. IMO even if you so called win a fight your night's pretty much over and your gonna have to watch your back for a long time.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Pretty harsh, Jeff. Calling someone you don't know a d-bag and a punk-ass on the internet? You could simply express your disapproval without insulting and name calling. Ben just shared his story like anyone else would.

Dude pushed a girl to the ground. Had Ben not socked him up, he would have done it again (or worse) to some other girl. It can always turn bad, but thankfully some guys still have the guts to defend others, especially women.

Any of you guys that are criticizing, picture your friend (girl), wife, sister, or whoever being pushed down by a big guy. You would do the same, or at least wish you had the balls too.

I do agree with Grant though. Avoid those people, or stop it before it happens.

Last edited by jarrod; 04-05-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
IMO you wanna be a man and shove a chic to the ground you can knocked the _ _ _ _ out....
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       04-05-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
wow, I didn't realize how many p_ssies there are on this site. Good job Ben, I would have done the same. I can't believe all of these guys that posted would just "walk away and be the better man".
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-05-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
fatsac, that is great!

My question for you guys is related to fatsacs noted conversation. What is the rules on that one?

Sounds like in the original situation this gal might have had it coming, which still does not warrant the roid heads shoving her. But my question is this...when can I hit her back? I'm a small guy, what if some big jungle beast of a lady starts kicking my ass? Do I flee, do I offer her more food (cause you know she hungry...), do I take a swing? It is a lose-lose conundrum...
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
Fighting is an interesting topic. Some people are more confident in their abilities than others, some never even test their abilities (which sounds like Bendow's situation). From my experience, there are those people who walk away because that is the better and less violent option and there are those that walk away because they do not have any interest in fighting (scared, lacking experience/confidence in fighting, etc.) and can use the "walking away is right thing to do" reasoning.

There seems to be no right answer, fighting can solve some things and brings back a little of the caveman in our DNA, but as it was pointed out there are legal and other ramifications associated with fighting. I suspect I would have reacted in a similar way and I do receive some enjoyment out of a roider taking a beating. Kudos to standing up to him, I am glad you didn't take a roid-clan style beat down.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
I've never been in a fight ever. 37 years and counting. My size probably has something to do with it, I'm also not one to go looking for a brawl. I'm glad I've never been in one. I probably wouldn't know when to stop.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-05-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm glad the flaming has went down a bit...I guess the title was a bit braggish and I didn't really explain in too much detail....

I didn't mention that after she "dissed" him, he grabbed her ass...mind you she's in her bikini...that's when she got really pissed. Once she got pissed he started to say things "like I'll effin kill you." It must have been some kind of roid rage. I specifically told him not to touch her when the first incident occurred and I told her to chill out. A few of his friends were holding him back or trying to before he pushed her. When I say "pushed" she went flying a good 10ft. He put everything he had into it. I'm glad none of his friends came after me either, and it was more of a reaction than anything so I didn't think about that, although, I probably should have. Actually one of his friends came up to me after and thanked me saying he got what he deserved. I think a lot of the guys there would have done the same thing, especially since she was a friend, I just happened to be the closest
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Less talking, more pics of the girl in question.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-05-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Sinko great photo of Hendo knocking out Goofball. Hendo isn't even in the UFC anymore it's ashame. On a good note Dufis has dropped 2 straight.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-05-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
Man I didn't catch any flack when I posted up about my royal rumble a while back. I consider myself a pretty laid back guy and always one to opt for another solution to fighting but there are occasions where its warranted. To me this sounds like one of those occasions. I can't imagine seeing a woman being physically assaulted and not losing it on the guy. I'd be willing to bet that the next day the guy even thought he got what he deserved.

When I got in my fight it was the first since middle schoold for me so like 20 years. Its so true that as we age we look at the repercussions of our actions a great deal more. I was worried for a couple weeks that I could be served with papers or the like after it all went down. Even though he hit me first I'm sure I could have still been sued.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
Did you make sure to run away going "THAT WAS ONE SHOT, ONE SHOT!"
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
Unfortunately in today's society jackarses dont get put in their place like they should. Part of life is getting in fights, winning, losing and learning from them (just like anything else really). However today if you step in and give someone a good old fashioned lesson in manners you need to "watch your back" for a long long time unfortunately. I have seen and heard of too many dramatic "beat downs, jumpings, knifings, etc." because some guy got his panties in a bunch for being taught a lesson in front of a lot of people.

With that said fighting is always the last move and it sounds like you (Ben) learned a valuable lesson in the process as well....the alpha male in the room isnt the outspoken, loud and obnoxious guy you would think it is. Its the quite, collected and calm cat who has nothing to prove and lots to lose.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-05-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
It's easy to say be the bigger man in hindsight and when you weren't the one in the middle of the situation. I hope all you guys saying be the bigger man wouldn't watch a woman get pushed around, get hit or anything like that. I'd be the last one to say go around acting like a bad ass but when you say if a woman pops off at the mouth it's okay to hit or push her around? If that were the case I think most of us guys would have been hooked up for domestic violence since most women say something out of line sooner or later.

If he's a douchebag and a punk ass for defending a woman I'd hate to see what you call the guy who turns his head the other way and allows it to happen.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
This thread is funny...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-06-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
Unfortunately in today's society jackarses dont get put in their place like they should. Part of life is getting in fights, winning, losing and learning from them Well said. Way back In grade school I used to hide behind my big brother. I used to run my mouth and never get the beat down I deserved because no one wanted to have to deal with big brother, One day my big brother said Hey Im not gonna stand in the way if you run your month anymore. True to his words he didnt step in, I started talking crap to one of his friends one day and b4 I knew it I was laying on the ground. After that I relized that you better be able to back up your words. It was a hard lesson but Im glad I got it early enough in life that it had a positive impact on my life. Years later my brother said it was hard to watch me get beat down but he was happy to see the change in me.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-06-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
I think everyone for the most part can agree that you stepping up for a girl that got pushed down by a man was the right thing. However it was your bragging about it on the internet that discredits your actions.

Do something that you believe in and let it be don't announce your "good deed" on an internet forum.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-06-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
First off Ben and Jarod pinned my perfectly. I was harsh and worded my post completely wrong and in bad taste. I was just as big a d bag for posting that way. But I stand behind the content I was trying to convey. I would have likely reacted the same way you did, but would have handled business and moved on.

What I took negatively was what I can observe as bragging. I've kicked ass, and one punched. I've also been ass kicked and been one punched. The issue always stopped when the fight did. If something is strong enough to step up for, then do work. Stand up, most people won't and that's alot of reason's our suburbs are so f'd up. But I've always shut up after the fact.....your message has already been sent.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2010, 6:11 AM Reply   
Cool
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
awesome story.. was she hot??
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-29-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureMeRollin View Post
awesome story.. was she hot??
Yes...she was...and sadly I didn't get anything out of it..lol

I asked Dave to delete this thread...how did it reappear?
Old     (AIrwar209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2010, 3:30 AM Reply   
I know this topic seems to have beaten to death but I have first hand experience as to the consequences that can result from adminstering some swift justice. Long story but a couple years ago I put myself in a situation that ultimatly led me into a fight. The ending was similar to that of Ben's except that I was handcuffed and detained by PD (although avoided jail). The civil suit recently ended with a judgement of $12,500 for medical expenses and what not to the other guy. My career was put on "pause," causing me to lose much more cash than I care to think about. It has also taken all this time to repair my image, both professionally and personally. All which makes it difficult for me to say it's worth it. Sometimes violence is an answer, but it doesn't have to be the only answer. I'm just sayin'