Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (kasi_tlu32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-28-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
Hey Guys.. I am pretty new to this wakeboarding thing.. been doing it about a year now.. riding so many of my guy friends boards its ridiculous ( cuz none fit right for me) ... I am about to buy my own board and the one that I am leaning to is the Obrien Vixen with either the Nova Bindings or Xenons... I am getting a 137 board regaurdless because its best for my height and weight! Any other board recommendations and bindings as well would be helpful!! THX
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
My girlfriend rides the 137 Vixon and loves it!!! she has been riding it for 2 years, she thinks its quite aggressive but at the same time quite forgiving!! She loves the 07 graphics and wants to change it to the 07 soon!! She rides it with the middle fin out!! Good luck!!

Danny
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       03-31-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
kasi-
I just started last season and when I bought my board I got the '05 vixen with xenon bindings. I feel like the board is just waiting for me to get better, so it can do something fun! The Xenons are very comfortable, but I can't ever get into them without slime. Are you sold on 3-stage? The other board I was leaning towards was the Angel, but the price was insane last year. Now you can pick up an 06 Angel for a steal. I'm tempted, but why do I need two boards :-)
Good luck!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
I rode the Vixen. It's a little small for me, but it was very forgiving without the middle fins. With that said, it was also pretty squirly without the fins. I ride a LF Team normally, and this is similar. I would say it is definitely a board you can start with (using the fins) and a board you will not "outgrow," by taking the fins out.