Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
Have over 30 hours on the new boat now so I figured I should post some pictures. After shopping many other brands and models we decided we liked the VLX the best. It was a custom order and so far it has been awesome. It's difficult to see in the pictures but all of the red accents are metallic, it really looks amazing on the water.

Picking it up from the dealer:

It fits in the garage!

Got the Exile XM9’s installed in the upper corners with their tower adaptors and also got a new “straight” hoop so it doesn’t have to be removed for the garage each time:

Norris bound!

The new fast fill ballast and the Maliview presets are excellent. We can switch from beginner to advanced riders with the push of a button. By the time your board is strapped on we are ready to go, the settings are perfect and repeatable, and the pumps shut themselves off. I also plumbed in some extra bags using Johnson pumps for those wanting more than stock ballast and the wake was outstanding. Big and clean! The G3 tower is rock solid, and I really like the new Boatmate trailer too, great design features and quality.

I wanted to spend some time on it before giving a brief review, and it’s really been a great boat with not a single problem. No complaints here!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
Great looking boat...I miss Norris
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-24-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Sweet!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
Very nice looking color scheme, congrats.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-24-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Nice boat and tow rig. I loved my V8 4Runner.
Old     (SteveW)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-24-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Great looking boat. The only thing I would change would be parking like that and loading/unloading while blocking the handicap spaces. A buddy of mine got a nice fat ticket recently by doing the same exact thing.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-24-2012, 9:23 AM Reply   
Nice ride and nice Exiles I have 4 of those very LOUD. So whats different with the fast fill ballast. Extra pumps etc???
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-24-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Amazing pic on the water!!!
So jelly of your boat in the garage.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-24-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
So damn sexy... just love the profile of the VLX.

I have only had mine out once (crappy Portland weather + youth baseball are killing me). But I also noticed how fast the new pumps/lines fill the tanks. Very pleasent surprise as this is my first boat with a pump system.

Enjoy! Looking forward to more pics.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Nice ride and nice Exiles I have 4 of those very LOUD. So whats different with the fast fill ballast. Extra pumps etc???
Bigger pumps and lines. 2011 and prior used 800 gph pumps and 3/4" line. Starting in 2012 they use 1100 gph pumps and 1" lines for everything. Total time going from empty to all 1250lbs full was right around 3 minutes when I timed it. It's also nice you can save presets with the 4 individual tanks set to only 25%, 50%, or 75% full as desired. Just hit the button and the automated system does it. This is great for my wife since she doesn't like to ride with the ballast all full yet.

Loving the Exiles and the Harpoon amp too!
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-24-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Beautiful! Any pics of the wake?
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-24-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Dayum
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 6:06 PM Reply   
Few more pics:

Harpoon amp, it's a beast!

Wake pics:

Last edited by Brett_B; 05-24-2012 at 6:11 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
You shouldve got a mastercraft, it's heavier.

Kidding!!!
Sweet boat, sweet wake, nice riding. Where do you have the wedge at? It looks a lot like the TIGE wake to me...(flame away if you'd like)
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-24-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
In the pic of the invert what are you doing there? It's a awesome pic!
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 6:23 PM Reply   
Wedge is all the way down in those pics keeping the lip pretty mellow. The good riders are unfortunately not me.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-24-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
WOW! Sick looking boat... Congrats homi, wake looks mack'n.
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-25-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
What mounts did you get for your exiles? Hate how low my tower speakers are, and i can only find the mount for two speakers to get them higher on my tower.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-25-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
The Exile single adaptors only mount them about halfway up the tower. I had those at first and there is no way to move them up higher. Now I am using the dual speaker mounts and only using the upper mounting spots, this puts them up in the top corners and makes a big difference for clearance.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-25-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Sweet boat man.. I like that garage too. Enjoy!
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-25-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
wish my VLX fit in my garage.

the profile of the malib is the best - looks like a fighter jet. Looks like an inboard should look - lean, mean, and sexy.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-25-2012, 4:31 PM Reply   
Brett, did you know you can easily run FOUR XM9's off that Harpoon amp? That's the setup I went with on my new VLX and it's super loud and clean. Easy upgrade for you too since you have the correct brackets.

What's the rest of your system like?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-25-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
That is a clean machine! VLX is on my short list if new boat shopping ever gets here
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Brett, Congrats on your vlx, I am a little biased but the vlx is a damn good looking boat. The G3 tower, lines and flow of the hull are amazing! We have been enjoying ours, my favorite part of the boat is the quad ballast and user friendly wake for all levels of riders at different speeds.

30 hours already! I'm jealous, but glad you are out putting hours on it! Have a great summer with your family and friends on it....
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Brett, did you know you can easily run FOUR XM9's off that Harpoon amp? That's the setup I went with on my new VLX and it's super loud and clean. Easy upgrade for you too since you have the correct brackets.

What's the rest of your system like?
Make sure and put people in the back seat that don't pay for gas.....ouch, my ears are ringing already! 4 would definitely punish someone sitting back there
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-26-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
Sweet looking boat.I can see the metallic in the red in all the pics,even with my old eyes. Congrats and enjoy it!