Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (rbelcik)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-19-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
My girfriend and i will be visiting Blue Marsh Lake on Oct 17th to see how the lake is for wakeboarding. I'm Looking to move to the area from Lake Milton Ohio and was wondering if i could get a pull from someone. I'm an intermediate rider. Of course i got gas money :-) Anyone that would be riding that day that wouldn't mind my girlfriend and i tagging along please shoot me an email.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have a friend that rides Blue Marsh, lives very close also. He'll most likely see this thread and chime in. (I'm sure he's out there riding today on his day off)

I can tell you it gets pretty busy on weekends in summer, usually too many toobers, jetskis by 10:30 am. They also drain the lake down a bit by october, but still usable. The docks get pulled by then also.

What town are you moving to?
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
October may be iffy weather wise, need a good day and that'll probably be the start of drysuit weather here. I don't ride the Marsh, I'm further north, but I'm pretty sure the guy Dave is talking about doesn't winterize his boat (heated garage). I'd offer you a pull, but chances are my boat will be taking up its fall residence in Virginia by then...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
I ride there. Bring you full wetsuit/drysuit in October.

Blue Marsh is a busy small lake...lake is drained and docks are pulled at end of October.

I am 4 miles from lake hit me up when you are in the area.

Sp0tts...leaving the boat AT the secret lake?
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-20-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
Sandy says my boat sitting in his driveway increases his home value, so I figured I better take it back down before the depreciation gets out of control
Probably take it back down sometime in September, but haven't talked to him yet...

What days have you been riding? I need a firmware upgrade on my boat and possibly a new cat sensor, but I'll get you up here one of these weeks if you're interested...
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-20-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
I am definitely interested...pm or email me

weds and sundays are always good

(Message edited by johnsvt on August 20, 2009)
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
John, email sent (assuming your address hasn't changed)
Old     (rbelcik)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-24-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Sounds like you guys got the good ol' northern lake season just like us. Short riding season with wet/dry suits, Lol. Our season at Lake Milton runs from around April - end of Oct. Our lake comes down 8-feet or so for the winter. Lucky for us we have a ski course that is ski by permit only. It’s in a protected area of the lake so it's mainly butter all the time and know one really knows about it.

I'm not sure what town I’ll be moving to right now. My GF currently lives in North Wales, about an hour south and slightly east of Blue Marsh/Reading Pa. I’ll be looking for a Civil Engineering type job, mainly ACAD design work. So where ever I get hooked up with a job is where I’ll call home.

Thxs Ewing, if anything maybe you can give me a tour of the lake on water or off. i'll try & contact U as the date approaches.

Thanks guys,

RB
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
Richard,

North Wales is only 45 minutes from where I ride on the Delaware river. If you need a pull send me a PM with your email address.
We have good water most of the time, with the exeption of after heavy rains. Our early morning sessions are the best (just ask Ewing) :-)

Our season usually is mid-april to the end of October.