Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-28-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
well the weather has been pretty crappy the last week. so this last sunday i was waiting forever for a high of 92 to get out some last season boarding. well just so happens i somehow cought mono. so i have been sick since saterday. the only 92 degree weather i saw on sunday was getting in and out of the car to and from the clinic. doctor says i should be feeling better in about a week, but getting over the virus takes about a month. he told me no alcohol and activities for at least a month. since my spleen becomes swollen from trying to get rid of the virus,and any activity can make it burst which is life threatning. my question is if i feel better by the weekend with a high of 90s. should i go out and do what will probably be my last days for boarding for the season. has ne one else had mono and still went boarding?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-28-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
I would say no since your Doc said it could be life-threatening!!
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-28-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
if you dont really care about life, then F### it, go out
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-28-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Stay off the water. I know of individual who died from Mono and also a friend of mine is paralyzed from complications of Mono. Not worth it.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-28-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
or you could move to Texas and ride comfortably 10 months out of the year
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-28-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
is this guy serious
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-28-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
10 months would be pretty sik.. dam i just dont want to end the season like this. and im thinking of moving to colorado springs next summer to live with my bro. and i dont know of anyone who wakeboards there so i prob wont get out next summer. soo im kinda bummed.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-28-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
dont worry man just rest. Take this as a time to really clean your boat and your gear and save the money you would spend riding the rest of the season out and think of all the new gear you will be able to buy
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-28-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
i havnt been out for the longest time. it was last week monday just for photo shoot. and havnt been wakeboarding for 2 weeks befor that. i was wakeskating a little over a week but it doesnt justify boarding. well the pics should be here in the next day or 2 so i will post them up when i get a chance.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Torey - that sucks man. No one can weigh the risks except for you.

On a lighter note, I think it's amusing how your screen name somewhat foreshadowed the predicament that you find yourself in.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
i had mono mid way through july. it took about 2 1/2 weeks for me to get over the symtoms of it but was still really tired for about a month or so after that. i didn't ride for about 2 months. i would stay off the water for the rest of the season. if your feeling better and then go out and exhust yourself you can relaps from it. and then it starts over again but even worse the second time.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-29-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
ya relaps wouldnt be good becuz swim season starts in late november..but for the pics i got them in but there are onl a couple good ones of me boarding. the others are just pics of me by the water with my board and soo on. and they are on a cd of a slideshow so i cant download them to my pc. have to wait for them to get be in by a month or so.. n yes thane dogg i c ur amusement in that. kinda funny. now only if i knew which one gave it to me :/