Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-28-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
I have an 03 2 wheel drive Tahoe and an 06 Vride with about 800 lbs of lead in it at all times. So you can imagine than after im all loaded up for a weekend trip my hoe is sagging pretty bad. Does anyone of any advice on bags, add a leaf, adjustable suspension or cushion rides.. I am looking to purchase in the next couple weeks.. Thanks you guys.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-28-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
Does the 03 have coils or leafs in the rear? I put helper bags (inside the coils) in ours - it was a very easy install, inexpensive and made a big difference.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-28-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
I have these and they are an easy bolt on.
http://activesuspension.com/home.html
I bought 5 to get a good price and I have 2 left if you are interested. They ride nice when unloaded and hold a load well
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-28-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
Bryan,how much for a set? Couldn't find it on the site... I may be interested in the other one.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-28-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
$ 100 plus shipping or pick up in socal
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-28-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
I have coils, Ed do you have a link for that site?
Bryan where in so cal are you I am definetly interested!
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-28-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
Ie/oc
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-28-2011, 1:11 PM Reply   
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....6&currency=USD. Here is a link to the helper springs. They take about an hour and half to install. They make a big difference in the ride quality while towing.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-28-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Sweet Ed thank you... those were the exact ones I was looking at.. im really glad you are happy with them.. I was not sure how they would work...
What are you towing?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-28-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
My wife has a lowered tahoe and we tow an A22 + a bunch gear, kids toys etc. When we first hooked the boat up to it, the rear basically sat on the bump stops - with helper springs the rear does not sag at all.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-28-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Awesome thank you Ed ill be making an order this week. I really appreciate the help.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-28-2011, 10:46 PM Reply   
No problem. PM me if you have questions after you get the bags.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-30-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Bryan, i'm interested in a set. Any idea how much shipping would be?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-30-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Nevermind, can't use them.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-30-2011, 9:41 PM Reply   
I've got the Firestone helpers on my wife's Denali. They go inside the coil spring. Schrader valves are the license plate bolts. Well worth the money.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-30-2011, 11:11 PM Reply   
I ran the AirLift system in my old Grand Cherokees. Easy install just shove the bag up inside the coil and run the air hose out to an accessible spot. I had the load controller on my first Grand, then just had the bags on my last one. I don't have it on my 03 Tahoe but I always load the rear compartments of the boat as much as possible so it helps to balance the tongue weight. I have even gone to the point of putting my pop bags on the platform (tied off of course) to help balance out the bow weight. I also try to load soda and other heavy liquids behind the boat axles. If you can keep at least 1" of space between the axle and bump stops it should ride decently. If the space gets less than that you are in for a bumpy ride.

actually the Firestone system here looks like a better deal than the AirLift: http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....oducts_id=4435