Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-03-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Most of you know me already, and know that i own the Mastercraft X-Star with the paint job in it that my parents got for me. Back when i first got the boat i had some spider cracks located in the bow of the boat. They wereMost of you know me already, and know that I own the Mastercraft X-Star with the custom paint job in it that my parents got for me. Back when I first got the boat I had some spider cracks located in the bow of the boat. Mastercraft was notified about the problem as well as my dealer. These spider cracks in my opinion were pretty bad, and were in odd places on the boat. I could not think of anything that would or did put pressure on the boat in the location of where the cracks were taking place. The cracks were right in the bow, right where the corner of the cushions start turning. My dealer said that should not be happening, and obviously addressed the problem. Today I took the boat out, and realized that the spider cracks had re-appeared in the exact spot they first appeared and also in some other areas in the bow of the boat. When the spider cracks first appeared I was really concerned and told my dealer I wasn’t very happy about them. I was told that if these spider cracks re-appear I would be getting a new boat.

What do you guys think about this situation?

Ironically, tomorrow my best friend is planning on purchasing a new x-star and duplicating my exact one.