Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-04-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
I'm wanting to add another jabsco pump to my 1100 bags and don't want to spend the money on ordering a custom bag.
I know people have done it but I was wondering if anyone on here has done it and has pictures or suggestiongs before I take a razor and start to cutting on my bag.
I'll be using one of flow rite's through hull fitting so I can just connect it to the quick connects very easily.
http://www.flow-rite.com/product/1-1...elbow-qwik-lok

Hopefully using the jabsco in addition to my upgraded factory malibu mls it will move some water fairly quickly.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Send the bag back to flyhigh, they don't charge much and it'll be done correctly!
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-04-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
I just did mine this year and it has been tested 3 times so far with no leaks. i tape/plugged off all the other ports and then filled the bag up with air with my compressor. this made cutting the bag much easier. i cut the hole small to start and kept trimming until i could just get the new port to start through the hole. some things i read said to use rubber cement others said silicon. i opted for silicon on both sides. i also used pvc pipe cleaner to clean everything first. then slid in the new port, tightened it up and let it sit for a day. worked great.
Attached Images

Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-04-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
Which fitting did you use?
The pictures are great.
Did the flanges cover the entire cut even though you had to cut large enough to let the flange pass through?
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-04-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Hey I just did a very tough patch around the neck on one of my bags and used a doughboy pool vinyl patch kit from my local pool supply store man that patch is legit and was around the neck of a port if I were gonna add a port I would use that kit as it works great and is strong as hell as it's for a doughboy pool so you can imagine the strength ! Good luck
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-04-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Eric, fly high doesn't add ports to the bags.
I can custom order one but it's a minimum of 100 more.
Chris do you have a link to what your talking about?
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-04-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
The flange does cover the entire hole. The black circle was traced from the inside of the nut. I started there and then just kept trimming the hole larger until i could just start to squeeze the port through the hole but did not put it all the way in, i was afraid i would not be able to get it out. I then cleaned everything and smeared on the silicone. The port slipped right in and i tightened it down. I used an scalpel to cut the hole and a 1" elbow from Flo rite. Very easy. My 1100lb bag fills with the stock 800gph pump on 3/4 hose and a Johnson with 1 1/8 hose fill time is 8min. I was hoping for 6 but its better than the 20 plus it took before
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-04-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
So the bag stretches enough to allow it to pass through yet leaves enough matterial to allow you to get a good seal? I'm debating trying it on one of my 400's we hardly ever use before I do it to the bag we really use.
Sounds like the same setup I'm doing. I'm using upgraded rule 1100 with 1 1/8 line and then hopefully this to go with the aerator pumps.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2012, 7:29 PM Reply   
I broke down and did it tonight.
The before pic

Marked up and ready to go. I traced the inside diameter of the clamping ring.

I cut the outside of the trace ring and with the natural stretching ability of the material It was enough to slide the fitting through.

I cleaned both surfaces with carb cleaner. Then put a layer of silicone on the fittings flange and pushed it through.
I out a layer of silicone on the outside of the bag before clamping it all down.

I will try it out in the morning and maybe time it to see how much time I actually save with the jabsco added.

It was scary cutting into my precious bag but it actually went fairly painlessly.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-25-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
I'd really like to do this to my bow triangle to add another fill right in the middle. I don't know why they dont just put the fill and the vent right next to each other in the middle of the bag since it's the highest point when your filling the bag.

Can you not put the elbow on and just connect the regular quick connect fitting to fill it with the tsunami pump or do they make a different fitting for that? I already have a few extra quick connects

Last edited by ryanw209; 08-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-25-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
The fittings we both used are flow-rite through hull fittings.
You could buy a off the shelf through hull fitting with 3/4 nps and put a barefoot int. (fly high) quick connect on it.
But here is a comparison shot of the fly high 3/4" fitting, the fly high 1" fitting, and then the flow-rite fitting I used.
You can see the size difference.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-25-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
Yea that's definitely a difference but mine wont be plumbed so I need to get a through hull fitting that I can screw the fly high quick connect into