Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (kuz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-06-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
We had a broken throttle cable on a 1990 ski sanger. Decided to replace it plus transmission cable at the same time. Transmission seems to work great. But the new throttle cable seems to be a fair amount stiffer and more difficult to adjust speed. Is this normal for a new cable or any suggestions? Thanks.
Old    alanp            08-06-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
yeah the other cable was probably well worn in. they make upgraded throttle cables which i think are a little less stiff. i just installed one in my boat last week and didnt really notice any difference. im sure in time things will loosen up
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
i should loosen up a little over a little time. when you re-ran the cable did you run it so part of the cable is touching the motor. if it is touching adn the motor gets a little too hot it'll melt the inside of plastic housing to the acctual cable n make it stiff. i just replaced one on a customers boat that was too close to the motor n melted. just something that you might want to check.