Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (mattyreb)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
Just got an 04 ssv upgraded sacs, to fill the back 700# takes 25 or 30 is there a cheap way I (not a supra dealer) can upgrade and install a fast pump, so many times on lk washington i have watched butter and by the time we are filled some computer funded reggie fountain want to be has ruined the entire lake HELP
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-12-2006, 11:26 PM Reply   
should not take that long, check and see if you have a clog or something, I recently had my stb pump go bad, it would run for about 10 seconds then it would freeze for about 10 mins then run again so on..Replaced it not its gravy
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-12-2006, 11:36 PM Reply   
As I recall, dont Supra's have a single 2000gph pump. With that much water, you definately need more than one pump.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-13-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
I run the upgraded sacs in my SSV. It takes 10-15 minutes to fill. They will fill faster if you drive the boat while you fill the sacs. Of course then you are burning $3 per gallon of gas. My method is to crack open a beer and wait for them to fill. So yeah, it takes about a beer to fill my sacs
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-13-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
as nauty said they will fill much much faster if you get it up on plane. good luck and enjoy
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-13-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
The faster you drive the faster they will fill. If sitting could take 10-20 min, if driving 4-5 Min. Hope this helps.. Unless you have a problem like mentioned before.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-13-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
with my boat (Sanger V215) you DON"T drive as the ports are by the exhuast and it take less than 4 mins to fill, basically by the time the rider gets ready in the water all 3 (backs are 400lbs and the front 450lbs)are full..
Old     (darty)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
the filter on your lines (after the pump) is probably clogged. Usually this time of year mine builds up w/ pollen & the sacs fill slowly/dont fill @ all. Its just a screw on filter (found before the water is split to the different bags, usually REALLY close to the pump)...but be sure & turn the handle right after the pump to the "off" position before removing the filter. Also, watch for the rubber ring that seals the filter... i'd definitely make sure it isnt just this problem before you go through the hassle of taking it anywhere to be checked...
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-14-2006, 3:33 AM Reply   
that's an insanely long time...

You should get a timer for the switches. You wake up on a glorious, buttery morning, and the boat has already filled itself for you 30 MINUTES AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!
Old     (kvkev)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-14-2006, 4:40 AM Reply   
I have a 03 SSV and if your balast system is the same in 04 then IMO the 12 volt solonoid valves that open up when you turn the system on only open to about 3/8" creating line restriction. I added a second 2000 gph pump and I helped but I'm in the process of buying some replacement valves that open to 3/4" or even 1" if it will fit into the engine compartment were I need them to.