Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (glwake)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-19-2013, 10:46 PM Reply   
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-20-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
Awesome stuff top to bottom. Great job Patrick. It almost had an Endless Summer type narration and feel. Really cool to hear about the governor of Cam Sur being a visionary and building his province up through tourism.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-20-2013, 8:48 AM Reply   
Awesome stuff. Here are a few thoughts.

Dylan Miller is one of the funnest riders to watch riding rails.
Daniel Grant is amazing.
I'm tired of seeing pro's 5050 boxes.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-20-2013, 8:58 AM Reply   
Pretty Dope! I love cable!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-20-2013, 11:03 AM Reply   
Great video! Can't wait to finally get to try cable riding his summer!
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-20-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! We only had literally 2 weeks to make it all come together. Combined with Weather and travel we got really lucky. Everyone had so much fun shredding.

The philippines is an amazing place to wakeboard and every time I go I don't want to leave.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-20-2013, 8:17 PM Reply   
I heard CWC might be shutting down cuz it doesn't make enough money. Anyone else heard this?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-21-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
I doubt that's true. I mean it's not like the gov paid for anything.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-21-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
Yeahhhh. I didn't see pros 5050 any boxes. Saw tons of 5-0's and sum presses though. Great video. Wish Ralph was in it. Stoked and surprised to see sum skate action in a wieland film!!!
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-21-2013, 6:49 PM Reply   
BamaLurker- I started filming wake skating! and still love it.

Thanks everyone who liked the video. And no CWC is not closing down its doing better then ever!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       02-22-2013, 7:55 PM Reply   
I really like it's not just riding but also some background info. Not just fun but also interesting to watch. Nice job!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-23-2013, 9:05 AM Reply   
Great video. Loved watching it.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-25-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! Over 80k views so far.

With everyone's support it will help us complete more projects like this in the future. We just ask everyone to share it!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-26-2013, 9:35 AM Reply   
Great video! Personally liked this little edit better than DEFY, and will at least watch it numerous times, which I have not done with DEFY. Hopefully the "boat only riders" can watch and appreciate the influence cable has and direction that it is able to take the activity of wakeboarding.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-26-2013, 5:06 PM Reply   
Thanks A-Dub!

With out getting to deep into what were some things that you didn't like about DEFY and things you would want to see in all boat riding video?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-26-2013, 8:45 PM Reply   
Interesting question. Maybe its simply a less is more type thing, or just that it is cable in general. Good to see a place I could realistically go visit, probably more likely than ever getting to "Blue lake". Also that it was a story about influence and changing the sport, which D Harf did too for sure, but on a larger scale and a more viewable /graspable I guess. I think seeing current riders and trend tricks on rails/obstacles that anyone can go hit it, but some additional flavor added to it, is also more interesting. In an all boat video I'm not sure, probably to not do that and incorporate more cable. Maybe incorporate a nice 20 min vid that makes it seem like you took a set with the crew. Just keep rocking the cable! Trends and tricks will be changing so fast, only fast tracked web edits will be able to keep up, and this seemed to be the best and highest quality of them all so far.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-01-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the detailed response A-dub!

Agree with all your comments. Cable is evolving so quickly. It seems like everyday a new rider is being discovered. Cable also gives everyone a level playing field because all of the obstacles are hittable by anyone with a wakeboard. You don't need a 150k dollar boat to get a waist high wake.

Love that you get the feeling of being there and riding. Thats what its all about. Bringing you the viewer to the location and sharing that moment. You should watch the video and be stoked to go ride. Go try some nose presses or 270s.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-01-2013, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofab View Post
Cable also gives everyone a level playing field because all of the obstacles are hittable by anyone with a wakeboard. You don't need a 150k dollar boat to get a waist high wake. .
I can see your point of view on the boats...but I'm not swimming to shore, walking through mud (sometimes rocks), then walking back to the dock, that's my point of view for not riding cable. Great video and sick skills. The parks look great and some killer obstacles.

Last edited by you_da_man; 03-01-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-03-2013, 12:08 PM Reply   
Wow this video has me so stoked to ride some cable... 2 more weeks...
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-03-2013, 3:20 PM Reply   
Video is now available for Download for free as well!
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       03-03-2013, 9:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I can see your point of view on the boats...but I'm not swimming to shore, walking through mud (sometimes rocks), then walking back to the dock, that's my point of view for not riding cable. .
Oh man, the benefits totally outweigh the cons! You're missing out mate!

Great vid guys! My 3 year old and I have been watching it on and off and he loves it!
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-04-2013, 8:05 PM Reply   
Awesome thanks Will!