Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
can yall give me yalls opinon on the rope
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Been using mine for a year. Love it. Great handle also.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       01-29-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
i love mine too, great package deal.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
I loved it at first, but then it started falling apart after about 2 months.

I ended up with about 9 blood blisters on the inside of my hands before i switched handles.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
interesting, it has to be the softest grip out there. My wife uses it too, occassionally. Never so much as a calice (sp?)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-29-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Love both the handle and the rope!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
The grip on mine became loose, and started twisting around the handle. It got to the point were I was taking days off because it hurt to hold onto the handle.

The flexable stuff on the sides also started tearing apart on mine till the metal bar in the middle showed on both ends.

I didnt abuse it or anything, but it looked like it had taken a nasty trip through a meat grinder at the end of the 2 months
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
hmm, well I bought 2, but haven't gotten to use either of them yet.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Trew, tell us what handle you are coming from and whether or not you liked it. That would help with our suggestions.

To be brutally honest there is a ton of cwb support here and not all opinions will be unbiased (just trying to give you a warning). Here is what I thought:

I had been riding an Accurate premier handle that I liked, and also enjoyed some hardline handles. A buddy of mine had the LG and I tried it for a set and thought it wasnt too bad but nothing special. After my premier died I ended up dropping the coin on the combo (believing the CWB hype) for about 75 bucks. I rode the handle probably a dozen times and decided I now loved my premier handle over the lg. It just fits my hand much better.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-29-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
I love my LG...the grip will twist around on you..but I also agree that it is the softest grip out there. I love my LG...

lol oh and just for the record...I ride an Obrien.
: ]
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
well I just got it today and I got a CWB handle
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-29-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Love it! I hate having to use anyone else's handle because my hands feel like they slip off to easily... Everyone says it feels tacky, but its amazing!!!
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-29-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
it sinks, i like it, I just can't find it...its on the bottom of the mississippi
Old    sdahockey21            01-29-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
Get the Ronix North Handle, same type of grip but bigger diameter and it doesn't fall apart or twist around the handle.
Old    sdahockey21            01-29-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Wanted to add to my last post. I rode my friends LG handle and liked it a lot... that was when it was new. Then it started to sink, twist, etc. Then i got the North handle, same leather type grip. I started riding that and it felt really good, holding up really well to no twisting! Then I rode my friends LG after riding with my North handle for about 3 months, it felt like my figures were going to fall off. And the grip felt so small and felt like it had no padding.So I stopped riding and told them to throw out my North... Pain gone

Get the North. Ronix stuff is the
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-29-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
My first Lg handle had the same problem, took it back to the shop and got a replacement under warranty. Have not had a problem since. Proline does make TWO sizes in the LG.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
i own an LG and absolutly loved it at first, but then it started twisting and getting saggy on me. I thought abuot going with a Ronix north but the placement of the stitching annoys my fingers.
I started riding my buddies LF Team and i loved the locked in feel of it and would pick that any day over my LG.
I was about to pick up a LF team for myself becaue my buddy moved to florida :-( but then the new Straight lines came into my work and i noticed that they finally got rid of the damn patch in the center of the grip that annoyed my hands/fingers. I love the ameboa grip but the patch had always made me not get it. So i got myself the new amoeba grip.

The ameoba grip is super soft, thick but not huge, and will never twist, sag, orloose its cushion.

Straight Line FTW!

I probabl seem crazy for making a big post abuot handles, hahaha. Im just super bored and Im super picky about handles. haha
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-30-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
I liked it at first, but as others have said it started to twist and sink. The sinking got old pretty quick so we just tossed it in the boat and are now using last years murray handle and an accurate a-line. I love the shape of the murray handle, fits right into my hands/ fingers.
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-30-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
I bought a Proline LG about 1.5 years ago, and the leather got shredded in about 2 months, so it was replaced by Proline, no questions asked.

The new one has lasted about 6 months so far, and it doing okay... it is definately showing signs of wear though.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-30-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
If you like the Premier handle, look at Proline's Synthesis handle. It has a similar triangle type grip & after using the LG for awhile, I much prefer the Synthesis. some friends turned me on to it and since then I have turned a few friends on to it. It really is a great handle and has served for nearly a year and looks new.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-30-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
The early LG handle did have some problems that have since been fixed. The handle floats and the leather stays afixed---if yours does not, take it back for a replacement. Personally I have gone to the Synthesis handle as I prefer the shape better.