Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-24-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
To the X45 owner who braved the cold wind Saturday the 21st at LCB west of Stillwater, OK.

First off, kudos for being on the water so early. Looked like you had a lot of fun!

Second, Look me up and lets dial in the stereo a little better. Your poor tower speakers sounded like the cones were about to jump out of the speaker baskets in protest. This was right after you took the boat off the trailer and headed out of the cove. You were idling out with another boat, (who also looked like they had a lot of fun!). The sound from your tower speakers was so distorted it was hard to tell if you were playing music or had a bad RCA cable buzz...

You were too far away for me to make out the brand of gear but it doesn't matter. The tower amplifier was so heavily clipped and crunchy sounding I will be amazed if you have not had "warranty" issues with some part of the stereo, possibly your tower speakers. No doubt your stereo is loud, but with a little tweak, we can make it loud, AND clean.

'Happy to help you fix what you got; I am not trying to sell you anything, I don't mind loud as long as its clean and clear, and trust me what I heard was more crunchy than Jif Extra Crunchy peanut butter.

Respond here, or PM me. I am at the lake most weekends.

Phil
Kicker
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
LOL! He might be embarrassed to respond to a call out like that! I hope he at least PM's you though so you can help him get it dialed in!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Ha ha classic. In my experience people who can't tell the difference between clipped and non clipped are more interested in making noise than listening to music.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       04-24-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Why don't you come out to Tenkiller and see if you can give me some tuning pointers on my stereo!!!!
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-24-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
LOL! He might be embarrassed to respond to a call out like that! I hope he at least PM's you though so you can help him get it dialed in!
Hah, sorry, that was a little rough, huh? I REALLY want to help the guy out. Be more than glad to. I just thought the peanut butter analogy was good for a laugh...

Seriously, if someone local wanted to drop by at the lake and let me help them dial in whatever they have in their boat, I am happy to help. Stereo has been a hobby since I was 12, and I like good sound, whatever it comes out of. Hopefully it is not an 8-track system though. At that point I probably will try to drag you at least into a casette deck...

EXCULPATORY STATEMENT:This is not a callout of, or flameout on, any boat brand, stereo brand, or peanut butter brand... It is also not by association suggesting or alluding anything about the stock system in any boat, (no way of knowing if it was stock anyway) Unless it has an 8-track....

Let me know if I can help

Phil
Kicker
Old     (smiller)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-24-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
Now, thats good stuff, right there!!!:d
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
I was kidding with ya Phil! Good luck! I hope you find the guy on here or at least bump into him on the lake at some point.