Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (kingsley)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
who do you all think is gonna take the title this year.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-25-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
harf or rusty for pro tour, errington or la riche for jr.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-25-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Jimmy LaRiche, Adam Errington & Ryan Anderson should battle it out in a close finish for the title. My pick, Jimmy.
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-25-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Is Errington riding Junior Men this year?
I think LaRiche, Ryan Anderson, Alex Hamrick, and Rhett Whatley will be cut throat.
Old     (jsimpson7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-25-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
I think LaRiche and Whatley will be on the Pro Tour this year. I know that both Whatley and Brett Lee are in college. I dont think they would still be in Junior X. But, any of those guys are fun to watch. The next couple of years are going to be so good. There is soo much talent fixin to hit the scene.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-25-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Rhett & Jimmy are eligible to ride Jr. Men's, Brett Lee has aged out & has moved on to Pro Men's
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-26-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
Randy, I think Adam riding pro this year, and Rhett doesnt he age out? I think Ryan Anderson, Alex Hamrick, Alex Scagliotti, and maybe 1 or 2 other sleepers might come out.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
Hey Gordie, I'm pretty sure Rhett beat the Jan. 1st cut off and can ride in Jr. men's this year (PWT) but is to old to ride Wake Games, Nationals & Worlds. I think Adam still has another year in Jr. if he wants, won't hurt my feelings if he goes Pro. Is Larry going to Orlando for Wake Games? Still trying to put something with Ben Carroll for Larry, Tony & Alex to train together this spring.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-26-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Yes we will be at wake games taking the whole family making it a little vacation. I heard Adam is stepping it up and going to ride pro this year, he'll do just fine if that's true. Larry rode in Bakersfield with Brandon Poser and Chuck a couple of weeks ago and said the water was nice 53 top suit only. So Tony's should be warm enough by know..Oh how about Kyle Albrets he's alway's a strong rider but I think he might age out also..
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-26-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
Also what about Dustin Shows he turned 18 last year, I'm not sure how birth dates work. Aj Racenelli not sure how old but another great rider that could jump up.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
Gordie, Kyle's has one more year also, Basicly all the riders that rode in Worlds last year should be eligible for Jr. men's this year. Worlds is a 17 and under contest so all the guys would have had to be 17 on Jan 1st of last year. I heard that Kyle Alberts is very close to riding away from a T/S whirly 7. See you in Orlando.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-26-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Isnt that a big worm 5 ????
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-26-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
t/s whirly 7 = big johnson (by brannan johnson)
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-26-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Kyle Alberts is my pick. His move to Florida this past fall, should really help him step up his already impressive riding.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-26-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
Yes, he is getting very close on it. Here's a clip:

http://www.wakepics.com/img/20798

Should be an interesting year in Juniors...
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the clip, bad A$$ looking trick.
Old     (kingsley)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-26-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
well i cant wait. its gonna be a good year, and it should be fun watching these kids battle for the win
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2007, 12:00 AM Reply   
A-train (adam errington) is riding pro men. i think jimmy boy has the best chance of taking it this year for jr. only if he doesnt move him self to pro men. but lots of things can change.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-27-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Kaesen, are you going to ride the tour this year?
Old    innov8actionsports.com            02-27-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Haha ya I woulden't count out Dustin Shows, he will be riding Jr. Mens this year and I expect some great riding from him this year. He got a bad start breaking his are at the Gilley's Rail Jam, but thank god it was early enough in the season that he will still have time to get ready, for the season.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
gordie,
nope, im not riding. im 19 now and the tour is no fun... unless your name danny harf. maybe when i get a 10 ill play around. i like to have fun and film and be free haha. im not one to stress over tour standings. cant wait for some warmer weather though so i can go ride instead of just random rail jams and boat shows.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
Kaesen, I thought you were in Orlando? Are you still on the west coast.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-27-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
If you can ride in JR men that is where you should stay unless you are a Soven or JD Webb. The only one who should even think about it is Adam and I would not blame him if he stayed. It is a lot more fun and rewarding riding on Sunday in Jr Men than watching as a pro men.

Look at the top 4 or so Jr Men riders of the last 3 years and see how many of them are riding on Sunday. There is plenty of time to go Pro and not too many of those guys would do that well in Pro Men this year. They will do fine as a pro when the time is right plus they got their sponsorships because of being on the podium.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-27-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
Roger- every post you make has something negative in it. I can't remember Roger Hornsby on the podium many times in these pro events. First it was the constant remarks about the women's riding now the jr men. Dude give it a break and give the credit to the ones that deserve it. When you are on tour on the podium or riding on Sunday in Pro Events then you may remark untl then try to make your remarks more positive.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
randy,
im still home. i leave in may.... money issues, i have been working 2 jobs but i am defenetly ready to go. cant wait to ride a bunch.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-28-2007, 6:52 AM Reply   
Jim T
????? That isn't negative. I am saying these guys should enjoy where they are. The next level is much more difficult and the reality (not negative) is the Jr Men struggle at first when going there. I enjoy the Jr men and make it a point to watch them when they come up here ALONG with the women. The point is it is more fun riding on Sunday as a Jr Men than being a Pro Men rider and not ever or rarely getting to ride on Sunday.

I have not been critical of the women. I have always encouraged there be more women and more events for them. I was critical of dads’ who put their little girls in pro events and make a mockery of the tour. They should leave the kid in little girl’s events until they can compete. I enjoy watching Friday, Major, Emily and several of the “pro” riders on camera or on circuit but PLEASE leave some Shirley Temple who is barely doing wtw 180s on the shore to watch.
PS- I was on the podium on a Sunday. After everyone left at Nationals, I went on the podium to see what the view was like. Not bad.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-28-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Randy- You should include your boy in there. He really made a mark at the end last year. He will compete. It is so hard to predict. 2 years ago it we Combs, Hansen and Hair. Reed quits wakeboarding and Hair has knee surgery after 1st stop so neither of them are there.

Adam, Jimmy and Ryan get the press (deservingly so) but watch out for Scagliotti, Hamerick from NC, Alberts if he stays, and there was one young man from CA/AZ who was there a couple of years ago who didn't ride on tour last year but was pretty good. Rhett W is also another top rider. Plus there are some Ausies who could always come over and do some damage and a new one always pops up from no where.

Should be good.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Rodger, thanks, Alex is stoked to get started. I think the rider your talking about from the AZ/Cali is AJ Racenelli, also a good rider & Rhett is tough every year. The level of riding in this division steps up every year, a few years ago the top guys could qualify with a safe pass & not have to put in the risky tricks, not anymore, you have to bring it in every heat now to move on. Other good riders not metioned yet in this thread are Eddie Valdaz, Ryan Mocerino, Julian Cohen, Bradey Price & Larry Taylor to name a few & don't forget about little Soven.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
I vote for Alex Scagliotti (A-Bomb) to hit a few podiums this year. It will be very hard like randy stated, you have to bring your "A" every heat or you are out. There was some other names that were not mentioned yet moving up from the Boys Division, Harley Clifford and Rapheal Derome, 5-7 mobes in their run, Steel Lafferty and Gunnar Shular both can throw down as well. If Jacob Valdez was old enough he too could make a podium or two, however, he will dominate the Boys Division.