Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-15-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
I loved watching the little kids ride. One was 5 years old. The girls were represented well. Kentucky's Delanie Parker won the Jr Novice division and her teammate Landen Casey (male) won Mini Outlaw. 2 girls got 2nd and 3rd in mini outlaw so the girls did some schooling. There were around 18 riders in each of those two division. Little Hair went really big for her size and was throwing down switch TS and HS 180s. Landen had a wake to wake 180.
Old    awsnow            10-15-2006, 11:40 PM Reply   
Awesome! Thanks for posting this info. I had a cousin out there in mini outlaw, she placed 8th. Glad to hear the good things about Katherine(Hair).
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-16-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
The mighty mini's really were some of the best to watch. And also Edwina (sp)? She rocked in wake skating and womans novice.Definately going to try and qualify for next years event.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
delanie had the time of her life. she wasn't nervous, but I(dad) felt like I had swallowed a bag of ruberbands.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Looks like the pipeline is getting filled up for the future in women. I did not realize the Hoffman's were so good. That trick run should be on tour. Did she do WWA nationals?

Catherine had a great time. This is why I love INT. In August she was doing a basic hs 1 wake jump at most. I told her she would have to train if she wanted to go. She learned all 4 180s and learned to go wake to wake HS. She started doing some grabs too. She wants to learn a tantrum and a spin now. I will wait on that but the point is she is on fire with enthusiasm about riding and she loves to do comp runs.

Thanks INT
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
David,

Raequel did ride WWA Nationals and Worlds, however, she did not have her best outing on those days in the Pro Division. She did take first at Wake Games in June. Shawna on the other hand, won wake games, Nationals and Worlds in Junior Women. The Trifecta!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
David,

By the way, Catherine did great at INT US Championships. I was the dock starter for most of the tournament. I lost my California accent and now have a southern twang in my voice.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Will the Hoffmans be at collegiate nationals or pro am? I really like to see the women's division do well. Hopefully they will start getting more opportunities.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
David, I think their (Hoffman girls) are planing on going to the Tige Pro-Am in the Keys next month. Shawna will be moving up and ride pro women next year. They have been flying under the radar a little and I think it's about to change. They Rip......