Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    rweldo            07-25-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
i have been looking at these two boats and both dealers are selling them for about 40,000. The supreme is fully loaded with tower, perfect pass, tower lights and speakers and a pretty nice system. The tige has a tower and a few other small things. What is your thoughts on the two boats and which would be better. tige offers a better warranty on the hull but supreme still has a lifetime warranty just not the same as tige. thanks for the advice.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-25-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
buy the sanger v210 of v215. Check both them out before you buy, test drive etc. Trust me, my advice is free bro brah
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-25-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
some people across the lake just got a switch V, I'll check it out for ya, see how it matches up to my tige which is 6 years older...
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-25-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
I have a supreme V208sky. I love it. i paid 40,900 out the door, tax, lic, and everything. Mine did not come with perfect pass or tower lights. I think for the price you get alot with the supreme.
Old    rweldo            07-25-2004, 10:38 PM Reply   
i have about $200 per month to spend right now and my neighbor said he would go in on a boat. would it be better to get a nicer boat and co own it or try and find something in the $200 range and own it myself. if i stayed in the $200 range is there any boats out there that would be a decent boat and not fall apart in a year. thanks for the advice.
im most likely going to be buying new since i cant get my bank to finance a boat for more then 5 years, plus the interest rates for new boats are a lot lower then what the used ones are.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2004, 11:42 PM Reply   
Supreme
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
I co-owned a boat with a friend of mine and I felt bad because he made half the payment and hardly used it. Although the experience was not bad, I would not co-own a ski or wakeboard boat again. We disagreed on the selling price and other issues when we tried to sell it. Owning one yourself means its just you. Additionally ask yourself how you are going to react when your neighbor dings the prop, stains the carpet, or any number of things that can happen. If i screw you my boat, I have no one to be mad at but me. If i had bought this boat with my friend and something happened to it, i don't know how I would react. $200 a month gets you a little over 20k if you stretch you financing out to a longer term and you should be able to get a nice entry leve boat. It is getting near the end of summer and after labor day, boat dealer will be more willing to deal, especially on thier used inventory.
Old    rweldo            07-26-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
kj
what would be a good entry level boat in that price range.
Old    ilovetrains            07-26-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
I have drive the switch v. Very impressed with the ride, really incredible rough water drive for 20 ft boat. Otherwise, well I did not like it that much. fit and finish was very low on the scale (which is what they were going for, good hull, cheap price.) FYI, dealer ecently sold that one for well below 40K, they offered it me below 35K. Also had really nothing optional on it.

Also - local dealers have qouted me 6% at 15 years on used boats. I am buying new (probably) and paying cash, but just FYI.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-27-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
I bought a 2001 calabria Laguna for 20k with about 30 hrs on it from a guy who lost his job. It was a 20 ft direct drive pretty plain jane but it ran well and did the job. I ended up selling it and making a couple grand. Centurion was running a special at the boat show this spring for 26k or 27k for a new T5 with tower and some extras. You are not going to get a v-drive for 20k but you could get a nice used direct drive. IF you haven't looked on boat trader online, I suggest you go there. The big problem I see is that people do not know how to do long term financing for a boat unless they go through a dealer. There are banks that will do it, you have to find them. I know Key bank will go 15 years on a new boat. The age of the boat will be a factor in the fincance term.
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
Supreme!
Old    rweldo            07-28-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
kj
ive talked to a few banks and found either that they wont go 15 years, or they wont go any older then 5 years. a lot of banks ive talked to only want to give you wholesale nada and i havent figured out how to get around that. any ideas
Old    rweldo            07-28-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
also i probably will end up waiting until the boat show next year.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-28-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
waiting until next year is a good move because you will ba able to get this year's models at dealer cost so they can blow them out. I used that as leverage on my boat. Another dealer had a 2003 and i leveraged the price against another dealer for a 2004
Old    rweldo            07-28-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
im going to the boat show here in seattle next jan. should i just ask them if they have any 04's left? most of the dealers i talked to around here said that they will only have the 05's in come boat show time. i was also thinking of driving down to portland and checking out there boat show which is the week before the seattle show to see if they have any good deals.
Old     (sbayboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
try ridding behind them. I own a supreme and I like the wake a lot better (personal preference) than a tige' I rode behind last month. I have also gotten a chance to ride behind a malibu vlx and a sanger 230. The Vlx was by far the best but you really should like the shape of the wake.