Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-06-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
I just wondering if the Mastercraft's, Super Air's, and Malibu's owners ever get a curl on the top of their wake. I have Centurion Hurricane and sometimes I get a small curl on the top of the wake. Is this bad?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-06-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
Put more weight in the bow, and it should round over, or kick your speed up.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-06-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
you could be driving to slow or have to much weight on one side... I have a centurion, and when i slow down to much it curls...
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-06-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
sorry lance not a whole lot you can do about that curl. thats a signature of tige and centurion boats. you can put some more weight in the nose like peter said to help give it more of a smooth ramp but theres always gonna be a lil bit of turbulence at the top
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2003, 5:27 AM Reply   
Aaron how fast do you pull riders. I pull around 20mph. Does the curl effect your pop? Good or Bad. I have pulled people that have been behind other boats and they really like the wake. I'm only running a center ballast, but I always have 7-8 people in the boat.

Thanks everyone's input I really appreciate it.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-07-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
I usually run at 21, some riders like 22. I know with mine it doesnt curl at all, at that speed... I also have and extra 700 lbs in the boat also...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
Aaron what is your weight displacement?

Thanks
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-07-2003, 11:14 AM Reply   
i have it 50/50 front to back ratio.
i also have the ballast i usually fill 3/4 of the way.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-07-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
My borther-in-law's Tige' 23 has horrible whitewash at the top of the wake. We ride at 23 which cleans up the right side but the left side is still junk.

It does affect your jumping because the board tends to cut through the witewater vs. go over it which means all of that water hits your bindings just as you are getting airborn. Has caused me to crash many times.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-07-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Geeez, now that's an excuse I haven't used in awhile

Trash
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-07-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
Oh, yea... The sun was in my eyes too. haha

Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
Jim I don't think my curl/whitewash is that bad. The curl is probably about an 2 inches tall and just curls over. Almost like if you cut a candycane in half and thats what it looks like. I think if I put 2 50lb leadheadz up front probably would take care of it. I wanted to add the rear bags as well but I can't decide. Probably do a stereo upgrade first. As a beginner I think the two rear bags can wait. I've got some friends that have pulled 540's, tantrums and back rolls behind it. So I think it will do for now.

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-07-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
Yea in our 87 fourwinns when finnaly got rid if the wash for the most part, cept it breaks like a wave over the board which as u could imagine causes us to crash many a time, only of the left side does it do that. Left from the boat view. we get our good weight when we have like 8 people prop up a lil, then its ok. my friend mike who is like 210 sittin in the bow then 2 of us who are like 130-160
haha
Old    nohalfboats            10-07-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
No thats not bad.A curl 1 to 3 inches is not going to make a difference in your riding or in the amount of lift you get off the wake.It just looks kind of annoying.