Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
now i know we are into the new year.
any predictions for tomorrow or for the year.
Reed on a kawi...
bubba...
villopoto, dungey i think we might have some real racing this year.
and dont leave j. law out of it, the kid might be out of shape right now but from the interview i saw he looks focused and like he learned his lesson the hard way.

im still waiting to see the pro circuit line up for east/west lites.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2010, 11:05 PM Reply   
http://motocross.transworld.net/news/catching-up-withjason-lawrence-part-2/

pretty good interview, hope this kid doesnt waste his second chance.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nke6-en_US/2010/01/07/ryan-dungey-talks-nike-airmx

check those bad boys out^^^
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-09-2010, 12:04 AM Reply   
SX, its pretty much Stewart's race and title to lose. maybe not racing the outdoors will play a factor. IDK. If not Stewart then Reed or RV, but don't count out guys like K-Dub, Grant and Tedesco. After those dudes, its a cluster f of guys who could get lucky (Langston, Dungey, Byrne, etc..) Yeah, J-Law could be the dark horse, but that guy is a head case.

In the lites, I think the favorite is Canard, but who knows. I have a feeling that Lil Hanny will make his comeback and win it. Dude is on a Mitch Payton bike and he always seems to get the most out of his riders.

SX title prediction: Stewart gets hurt and is done or too far behind in points. Title is decided in Vegas and RV gets it done over Reed.

SX lites prediction: Canard wins west/ Pourcel wins East. Pourcel wins Vegas.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-09-2010, 1:17 AM Reply   
reed is gonna loose, and complain about something after every first looser finish (2nd place, again) and stewert will dominatate....o, and go trey!! hanson really? fast as heck but the kid loves to party but is smart enough to call a cab at least unlike j-law :-) hours awate!
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-09-2010, 2:14 AM Reply   
Thats a good point rehab, but I think its pretty much Hanson's last shot. How many careers has PC Kawi helped resurrect? a lot.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-09-2010, 4:00 AM Reply   
Should be interesting... But I think Stewart will win the opening round, as well as the SX championship.

By the way, I saw a related thread for free Fantasy SX. If you're interested, check out: ProMotoFan
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-09-2010, 4:29 AM Reply   
Assuming no injuries, same results as last year. Should be some good racing! Really looking forward to the season. See you guys at A1.
Old    alanp            01-09-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
looking forward to it. i dont see anyone dethroning stewart anytime soon.. i think the fight for 3rd place will be the most interesting. villapoto will have his hands full with dungey windam and josh hill.
reed is just an donkey.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
jj, i think your lites prediction is right on the money.

i hope langston does good, just stoked he's racing again after all he has been through

alan, "reed is just an donkey."
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-09-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
I want to see how the ex prisoner does this season...hopefully he'll grow up.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-09-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Watch out for the stashed prison shanks! Serious waste of talent in J-Law... I wish he would grow up.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
i just fond out grant got busted up this week at practice, head injury, bust nose. they said he road practice today and still has not decided to ride tonight.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2010, 10:45 PM Reply   
WOW, GO dungey, that kid is gonna make his mark fo sho!!!!!! what a race. bubba just sat back and cruised and tired dungey out and bamm made his move. i think you will se more of that from him. ride smarter, save energy and win. great start to the season. reed now knows how bubba did this time last year. and what about "the old man" lol that was great. i hope he keeps it up.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-10-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
Now that reed went out it will be the bubba show. Maybe the lights will still be fun to watch.
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-10-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
i knew reed was gonna cry about something...just not that soon! j law, making a west coast 450 main after only riding 6 times out of jail...may not be the smartest kid but hes gonna be gettin some tail when he tells that story!
Old    alanp            01-10-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
even when he wasnt spending time in jail jlaw lacked cardio. last year we he was leading a race and could have prolly won it if he didnt tank(admittedly so after the race). i like him tho because hes pretty entertaining.

villapoto was a disappointment i would have expected him to be a little faster and give dungey a run for his money. i think if poto would have been in the mix bubba would have checked out earlier to avoid an traffic problems.

i was expecting canard to be a little closer to jake w. he seemed pretty content with 2nd place. i liked carmichaels reaction when he was pumping his fist about coming in 2nd.

how about that crash!! holy cow i think they are still picking up parts from reardon's bike up in the stands.

and the crash with grant this week was pretty gnarly hes gonna be tasting dirt in his mouth for a month.

i hope chads bike blows up in phoenix.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-10-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
so i didnt even notice last night but, did izzy ride. i remember back in the summer reading he wanted to race the 2010 sx season. i know he had major surgery on his foot.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-10-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
I just watched it...had to record it. That was exciting! I was really hoping to see Dungey pass up stewart.

What happen to Jlaw in the main? just got tired and quit?

I would rather see Carmichael racing than commentating...
Old    alanp            01-10-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
eastcoast lites for izzi.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-10-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
yah duh, i spaced out on that, lol. thanks alan. hope he does well.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       01-10-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
No comments on that National Anthem? AWFUL! It sounded like ass.

Racing was great. Glad it is back! Dungey was solid.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-10-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
Yeah, the national anthem did suck! It even sounded worse in person than it did when I watched it on tivo today.

Dungy rode a great ride for his 450 debut. I think he'll be more of a challenge to Stewart than Reed. Dungys way faster than Reed which will hopefully make for some intense showdowns in the future.

Next stop is Phoenix and I can't wait!
Old    alanp            01-17-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
phoenix was a weird race. if hansen could ever keep 2 wheels on the ground he would add some interest in the lits class. but i thought blake h. looked good. trey c. what the heck is going on with him? i guess the sand isnt his thing.

im glad reed dnf. looks like he may have broken his hand. i hope so. dude should just drive his rally car at his house in florida. bubba had a good ride all things considered. there were some fireworks in the pits after the race i bet that was interesting to see.

im super stoked to see josh hill on the box. he looked strong in the heat race. villapoto looked 100x better in this race than the first. i thought he was going to actually be able to pass dungey and win like he did so many times in the lites class.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
im stil confused what exactly went down with reed. after he took out bubba and tryed to shove him in his head he got up bubba layed there and it went to commercial. next thing i know he is dnf.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-17-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
Rumor is that the Reed broke his hand somehow.. and then I guess in the pits, stewart went over to Reeds area and kicked his bike off the stand?? Just rumors I have read..
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2010, 10:14 PM Reply   
YES!!!! i love it. i hope video of that pops up somewhere.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-18-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
did Stewart really do that?
Old    alanp            01-18-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
here is what i got from transworldmotocross.com looks like it was pretty interesting.

if you happened to catch the racing on SPEED yesterday, you no doubt saw the much talked about collision between Stewart and Reed—after all, it was replayed nearly 100 times. Only a few laps into the main event, both riders were buried back in the pack and attempting to climb back towards the front. When Reed tried to cut underneath James who at the same time was squaring off the corner, the two riders came together, crashing on top of one another in the turn. Reed’s hand was pinned under Stewart, and as the two riders were getting up, Reed pushed at Stewart to free his hand. In the end, James remounted in tremendous pain to finish the race 15th while Chad returned to the pits to get his broken hand checked out.
Following the race, according to reports from Kawasaki, Stewart stormed over to the Monster Energy Kawasaki pits to have a few words with Reed, but when no one was around—the team was at the medic truck getting Chad’s hand looked at—Stewart pushed Reed’s bike over. In the hours that followed, Stewart’s team made an official protest against Reed’s on-track actions. At first, Reed was given a penalty of a $5,000 fine and one race suspension, but upon appeal and review of the tapes, the penalty was lifted and Reed was only given a warning. All told, the entire situation wasn’t resolved until roughly 4:00 in the morning. There is no word yet on how long Reed will be out due to his broken hand, however, the report is that it might need surgery. As for Stewart, his 15th-place finish speaks for the amount of pain he must have been in during the race. No statement yet on his injuries, if any.
Old    alanp            01-18-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
whats weird is that transworld stated "reed pushed stewart to free his hand". seems a little biased towards the reed camp bit i dunno. why would he push him in the back of the head. i definitely think he should have been suspended. im guessing that his status kept him from being suspended. ama needs him to ride for the ratings. had that been jlaw he would have been suspended(jlaw had mono thats why he didnt ride as a side note).
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-18-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhrYVMLDzBE

To me it doesn't look like he needed his other hand to free it up. Looks like he was half way there when he pushed his helmet. Besides, it looks like his hand was under James' body, so why would pushing his helmet help?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-18-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
From what I saw, Reed wouldn't have even gone down if it wasn't for the fact that something on Stewart's right arm got locked to something on Reed's left arm and that's what pulled Reed off his bike. From the first angle, it looks like Stewart actually pulled Reed off his bike, but from the second angle it looks like their elbow or shoulder pads (whatever you call those things) got locked together and dragged Reed off his bike.

That resulted in Reed's arm being stuck underneath Stewart and it looked like a perfectly reasonable reaction for Reed to lift Stewart's body, by pushing up on his helmet, to free his arm underneath him. This would make even more sense if the hand stuck underneath Stewart is the one that he broke because it would be very painful to pull a broken hand out from under something heavy.

That being said, I'm curious as to what the rules are for coming into a turn like that. Seems like no matter what, Reed went in recklessly and was bound to hit somebody. Seems that Stewart was just doing a legit turn. I'm don't know crap about this stuff, so I'd be interested to hear what you guys with more experience thing.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-18-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
At first glance it didn't look like Reed took out Stewart intentionally but if you take a second or third look you have to ask why Reed took the turn like that. He had no line and that's not the way you see any of those guys making a pass. You can undercut someone but to go in on the brakes just seemed kind of odd.

2 riders with no history and you might not think anything of it but with the history with these 2 have it has to make you wonder. I think riders history with each other has everything to do with the decision the AMA makes.

Reed had a considerably better pick than Stewart who got in via the LCQ so why were they even in the same grouping? Speed.

That being said, Reed doesn't have the speed to win a championship without the current riders going down. Stewart, Villapoto, Dungy are all considerably faster than he is. I think his motto is slow and steady wins the race but that doesn't work when you have so many fast riders.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-18-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
Dave, I don't know there is a rule for coming recklessly into turns. There may be...I just never heard of it. To me you have clean passes and passes that are not clean. That's what makes MX so fun to watch.
Old    alanp            01-18-2010, 6:09 PM Reply   
well i dont have a ton of experience but it looks to me like bubba was just in a chain reaction. millsaps stood up brayton in the turn and this caused brayton to square his turn and then bubba reacted to that by squaring his turn even more and reed took an inside line in the turn probably wanting to stand bubba up too but stewart was already on the gas exiting the the turn. you can see him come off the gas just before the crash. i think its just a racing incident. chad was the only guy to take that turn low. and i like dirt dog why did he take the turn low when no one else did, maybe he was going to try to take stewart out he tried to in las vegas last year. im not the biggest bubba fan but i cant stand reed and glad his hand is broken. initially he was suspended one race and fined 5k but i think the ama decided against that in the end. i havent heard anything about bubba being fined for dumping reeds bike over.
Old                01-18-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
IT was All CLEAN Millsaps block passed Brayton. It Stoped Brayton making Bubba Change his line. Reed was gonna block pass Bubba. When Bubba changed line Reed locked up his brakes. They came together its racing. Stuff happens get over it Bubba any time something happens to Bubba he throws a fit. How Can they warn Reed when Bubba went and knocked reeds bike over. Cant stand Stewart his a baby and his cocky Dont care for Reed. All i can say is go Dungey!!!!! and go Morais
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2010, 4:31 AM Reply   
Yeah...I think Bubba and Reed are a couple of primadonnas out there.

I'm routing for Dungey this year. He's a good kid who wants to win races and not to mention no one really expected him to be riding as fast as he is.
Old    alanp            01-19-2010, 5:44 AM Reply   
at this point in the season im predicting bubba will win, villapoto second and dungey 3rd. villapoto gained alot of ground and confidence in that last race and he will be faster than in a race or two imo. but neither of them are even close to stewarts speed.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-19-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   

quote:

They came together its racing. Stuff happens get over it Bubba any time something happens to Bubba he throws a fit.

I think Stewarts anger is caused by Reed shoving Stewarts head/helmet after the crash... Which I think was completely unnecessary. You said it yourself, they came together... it's racing. So they tangled up and went down... Is that justification for Reed to do what he did? I don't think so. Reed shouldve brought it up outside of the race, in the pits... Just like Stewart tried to do.
Old                01-19-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
I Watched it again last night when he pushed him off it wasnt like he pushed hard he push him off so he can get up his helmet was the closest thing i dont think he did it like mad.no matter What Stewarts a professional athlete have some class be the bigger man dont go push his bike over. for his team to fill a suit on Reed when there guy last year to Reed out on purpose.Either Way Its bad for the sport.
Old                01-19-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
"for his team to fill a suit on Reed when there guy last year to Reed out on purpose.Either Way Its bad for the sport."

OOPPS

For his team to file a suit on Reed, when their guy took Reed out on purpose last year. Either way it is bad for racing
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-19-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
I think there should be an official 2010 supercross thread.

Dungey has been working really hard for the 450 races. His training started mid-season last year while he was dominating in the lites, and so far, he's been on his game. My good friend knows Ryan Dungey personally, and is always getting insider info via texts. It's really exciting to see someone you know do so well on the national stage.

Reed has been having a rough start since switching to Kawi, but has potential to be a competitor this season. I think the ear piercings are bad luck...
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-19-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
wes, you took the words out of my mouth, lol.

hey dave can you change the name of my thread to 2010 supercross or something?

the way i see it, bubba is sitting in a way better position than he was last year.

09 = dnf, 1st..........champ
10 = 1st, 15th =7th in points right now......?

seriously though im pulling for dungey. and where was j. law in pheniox? did he not show up or did he just not qualify for the night show? after all the hype i'd like to see something from out of him.
Old    alanp            01-19-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
bryan, jlaw had mono. no word on when he is gonna return. he'll be so weak that when he does it wont matter.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-19-2010, 5:28 PM Reply   
J Law didn't race in Phoenix because he had mono.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
I was hoping to see J-Law do something as well, I wanted to see him turn things around. With being in jail forever and now mono I don't think we'll see much out of him this season.

Wasn't Alessi supposed to be in SX this year?
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-19-2010, 6:46 PM Reply   
Alessi is sitting out the SX season to focus on the outdoors this year. I think it fits his style of racing better so it might be a good idea.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-19-2010, 11:06 PM Reply   
"chad was the only guy to take that turn low. and i like dirt dog why did he take the turn low when no one else did, maybe he was going to try to take stewart out he tried to in las vegas last year. im not the biggest bubba fan but i cant stand reed and glad his hand is broken."

first off u don't make passes following people on a sx track last time I checked...second it's pretty clear that bubba apexed (sp?) the turn rather than railed all the way around the outside of it (he did get held up which probably is why he didn't rail all the way around it)...everyone has a view on it but personally it looks as if Chad attempted to get on the binders hard and not take js7 out. Dave u r right I think the handlebars caught reeds hand/ arm and ultimately probably broke it as well.

Reed may whine or make excuses, like blowing the chisolm thing way up last season but at the end of the day, he alike many others, has done a ton to entertain us and help grow our sport both here in the US and back home in Austrailia. Being hurt so many times myself I can't understand how someone could be pumped Reeds hand is broken...oh well and whoever said dungey and potto are considerably faster than reed is high lol championships, race wins, and laptimes should be enough to prove that....

Heading to A2 this weekend...wonder if jlaw really has mono or truly couldn't leave the state of Ca due to parole conditions...that's just what the inside scoop around the test tracks have been this week...if he races a2 I'd imagine it's the later of the two lol
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-20-2010, 4:06 AM Reply   

quote:

and whoever said dungey and potto are considerably faster than reed is high lol championships, race wins, and laptimes should be enough to prove that....

Lol, maybe you're high?

A1 lap times:
Dungey: 56.26 - 2nd fastest
Villopoto: 57.56 - 5th fastest
Reed: n/a

Phoenix lap times:
Dungey: 53.80 - fastest lap
Villopoto: 53.83 - 2nd fastest
Reed: 55.43 - 19th!?!

Maybe they got lucky???

Championships come and go... And they don't have much to do with the following seasons, minus the number plate.
Old    alanp            01-20-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
good point about jlaw's probation(parole is a different thing entirely). he seems to be fairly candid and i think he would have just said if he was was going to have to run a limited schedule dont you? heck he was tormenting dungey all season long last year and using his podium time to do so.

i dont think reed tried to take anyone out. and youre right you dont pass ppl by following them but you have to choose your pass line a little more carefully.

imo reed made a poor choice of line for that turn with all of the traffic that was there at the time. bubba made a poor decision by jumping from lft to right on that triple and subsequently got landed on by kyle partridge. this difference was the aftermath. bubba didnt go up to kyle and push him in the head or act disrespectful in any way but chad did, even when it was potentially his fault. thats my issue with chad. and if he's not racing due to a broken hand, busted spokes or any other reason then im all for it. he's never come off as a very personable guy and im not the only one that shares that opinion. i dont know how that can be good for mx. i think that stewart has been pretty tolerant of reeds antics, for more tolerant than most of us be given the entirety of the circumstances.

anyway have fun at A2. i was there for A3 and puked all night afterwards.

(Message edited by alanp on January 20, 2010)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-20-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
Good post Alan, I agree 100%.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
Reed is out for 6 weeks

LA Times
Two-time supercross champion Chad Reed will miss at least six weeks of this year's season -- including two races at Anaheim Stadium -- after undergoing surgery to repair his broken left hand, his Kawasaki team said today.

Reed, 27, injured his hand after an accident with archrival James Stewart during the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series race Saturday night at Chase Field in Phoenix. Supercross is the stadium version of motocross, or off-road motorcycle racing.

"His surgery went really well," team manager Mike Fisher said in a statement. "We want him to be 100% when he returns. This will be the first time Chad has ever missed a supercross."

Reed and Stewart, the reigning series champion, have been the top two supercross riders in recent years. Stewart won the opening race this season, in Anaheim, on Jan. 9 and rookie Ryan Dungey won the second race in Phoenix.

The series races at Anaheim Stadium this Saturday night and again Feb. 13. Reed's team said it was "exploring its options" for using a temporary replacement rider for Reed.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-21-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
http://motocross.transworld.net/videos/james-stewart-speaks/

James talks about what happen in the heat race and main event.

Warning he says the word LIKE 40,000 times!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-21-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
Reed did shove him but we still don't And never will know if it was out of pain (broken hand being stuck under James) or out of anger.... Reed has done and said some whinny and disrespectful things in his career but so has everyone else minus rc lol that guy was pretty close to perfect...I'm really nit that big of a reed fan I just am bench racing.... I can't comment about it being a bad line for reed I always seem to go outside and get passed in some of my races but if reed saw three dudes getting stood up high in the turn then probably not a bad idea to try to go low and again I think that's where James coming down early and reed coming in too hot just didn't work... And Blake reed dnfd the first and second race so u got no ammo on your lap times comparison there bud...i tried to find practice times from both weekends but couldn't...potto had nothing for reed in sx last year (granted it was his rookie year but he hasn't got that much faster) and for the amount of laps u have seen these three guys go together in a main im just saying peeps are bold to say 2 and 5 are way faster than 22 that's all
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
When was this race on TV? My DVR recorded the lites on Speed but didn't get the big bikes? Was this on CBS? I am pissed I missed it!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
Rob, did you watch it yet? I thought when I recorded it was only lights as well, but watched it and it was the big bikes
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
F---, I saw two lites recorded and deleted one. i bet that was the big bikes. Hopefully, I can catch it again. I am not much in to the lites class this year. Is there a way to "undelete" something on a Direct TV DVR?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-21-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
I saw that and recorded both. I think the second one was the big bikes.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Yeah...I recorded them both...not knowing "lites" would be the big bikes

Not your big screen, but it works

heat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEso1_qrwDI

main event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJuigAe2EzQ
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-21-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
reed: "And then the fact that the AMA reacted the way they did is really disappointing, and really quite embarrassing to be a part of it. I have no respect for their decision, and I think Ricky Carmichael summed it up best in 2006, that he was ready to walk away [after losing points due to a fuel violation]. After what happened on the weekend, it makes me count the days – months, really, because I have a two-year deal. I’ll be here for two years, and then I’ll be quite happy to walk away from that pathetic governing body.

But ultimately it did get overturned. Cooler heads prevailed. That doesn’t make it all right, but at least you’re not stuck with the penalty...
Yeah, but when you look at the reality of what really happened, and you judge it for what really happened and nothing else, and you don’t have any personal involvement, I think that’s what the head guy is supposed to do at the AMA. I think the head guy at the AMA acted inappropriately and judged based on a previous situation, and I think he judged the whole situation by who it was and who it involved. If it hadn’t have been James or I, it would’ve never been mentioned, but because it was James and I, and it was going to be on TV, and the people jumped up and down and screamed and yelled, then that’s why it got treated that way. I’m just so stunned and blown away with the fact that they could potentially give me a season-ending penalty, along with a $5000 fine, for something that anybody naturally would do with a broken hand, and a bike, and somebody lying on it. Your immediate reaction is to move them off. If it had been a motorcycle on me, and I was getting burned, what do I do? Do I say, “Oh, my gosh, that’s James Stewart’s motorcycle, so I’d better not touch that aggressively.” At that point, the natural reaction takes over, and you just get that thing off of you. Whether it’s James, or his motorcycle, or his head, at that point, something told me to get it off of me. So I’m disappointed, and maybe in a week or so, I’ll cool down and think otherwise, but at this point, I’m pretty disappointed in the AMA, and I’m not real happy about their decision to penalize me. Remember, this penalty was decided before they even knew I had a broken hand or that I couldn’t race the next race anyway. To potentially take me out of a race for a non-existent violation, I think that’s really inappropriate, and it made them look silly. And they’re consistent at that."
(from racer x)
i too agree with his statement and do not like wht the ama has done to our sport but dude you just keep crying man.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
as much as I don't like Reed I can agree and relate to his statement

I don't want to see him hurt either. I can't watch him get beat if he's not racing
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Reed hadn't looked good on that Kawi at all. It is also shocking seeing him on a green bike.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-21-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
green is how it all started for him though.
Old     (nellie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-21-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/5-minutes-with-ricky-johnson-1-21-10.aspx

Oh my, here is someone that actually knows what he's talking about.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-22-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Here ya go gang lol...hope the dirt wrex crew can pull the shrink wrap off a2 track tomorrow without the stadium floating away lol

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/22-minutes,-22-seconds-with-chad-reed-1-20-10.aspx
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-22-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Reed makes me sick... The guy is garbage. IMO he's one of the worst professional athletes in sports.

Here's links for A1 and Phoenix practice lap times:
A1 lap times

Phoenix lap times
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-22-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
who is going to San Fran next week? I probably am but not confirmed yet.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-22-2010, 9:50 PM Reply   
Once again Blake those are main event lap times which again hold nothing....

And u r crazy if u think reed is worst then Hanny, Tyler Evans, the list goes on and on..hanny curses everytime he got on the podium last coupe of years...that's a role model alright
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-23-2010, 4:12 AM Reply   

quote:

Once again Blake those are main event lap times which again hold nothing....

You're right... I was under the impression those were practice lap times.

Evans and Hanson are worse, but I don't think either one of those two will ever get the amount of coverage as Reed. Evans, lol.. That guy is ridiculous.
Old     (nellie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-23-2010, 6:23 AM Reply   
Upload HAHA!!
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-23-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
I'm just hoping it doesn't rain between 6 and 10.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-23-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Yeah true on the coverage thing...all though hanny had the lime light for a second on factory ktm and what'd he do with..produces no titles, bought a lambo, sign sx only contract in the lites class ha ha guy is or atleast use to be a joke...none the less he is fun to watch
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-23-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
I think we'll see more out of Hanson... He's looking strong under ProCircuit's wing. Hopefully his act will clean up on stage, but I'm not holding my breath while I wait for that to happen. I don't understand why these guys, who are looked up to constanly (for the most part), don't try to be more professional off the track. Whinning, complaining, trash-talking... Man, grow up. It's almost as simple as this: I trained hard, rode hard, and won against some of the best riders in the world... Or, I tried my best, I gave it all I could, but that wasn't enough! How often do you hear those words? I do occassionally, but not near as often as I'd like to.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-23-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
^^^^I always heard RC and Mcgrath say things like that...Emig too
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
is there a way to get A2 live on the web or something. i need to watch!!!!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
looks like a short practice and bubba is not feeling it running forth behind brayton, dungey and hill with the fastest practice lap.
windham was right there with villopoto back behind stroupe millsaps and short.

so is stewart running tonight? i know someone is there with an iphone, lol.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-23-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
here we go http://twitter.com/racerxonline
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-24-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
FYI:

A2 is showing on both Speed channel today (appears to be lites only) and CBS as well.
Old    alanp            01-24-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
lites 10pm tonight on speed in my area.

just watched the sx race. stroupe should have gotten the hell out of the way for his teammate. dude finished 20th and probably slowed dungey down the first few laps he was running up front. dungey did ride a great race and looked really fast, i was surprised he didnt swap out in the whoops, along with bubba he came damn close to dropping the bike.

did villapoto get a crappy start(someone who saw it live)? i was expecting him to ride up near the front. especially after coming in 2nd in the heat race.

glad for josh hill too, too bad he isnt consistent. last year he would have a great race then couldnt be found the following week, hopefully he can ride up in the front the remainder of the season.

bubba said his wrist was bothering him and couldnt really hold on very well after 8 laps. i really thought he was going to ride away from everyone after taking the lead. imo in previous seasons he would have tried to haul ass and ended up with his face in the dirt after being passed but he seems to be racing a little more conservatively this season.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-24-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Villapoto didn't get the best start but he hasn't looked good all year. We've been to both Anaheims and Phoenix and he just hasn't looked like himself. Maybe still trying to get back to 100% from his injury?

It does look like Stewart is racing smarter and looking at the season as opposed to the current race. It looked like he tried with his injury but when seeing it wasn't going to happen settled in to pick up what points he could.