Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-12-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
can anyone offer suggestions for the best ballast set up for an 07 Mobius LSV w/ the factory ballast still in? Is it even possible to improve the quality of the wave?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-12-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
I added the 750LB rear sacs and it made a huge difference in my Supra. I fill the rear corner 750, wake plate 3/4 up, at about 10.6 and I can surf all day.

Obviously, you can go to more extreme measures with more weight, but this is the most simple way to upgrade and get you a sweet spot in the wave. The sac size is 50 x 20 x 20. Fits real nice in my rear compartments of my '08 Sunsport 22V. You can pick up the sacs at www.wakemakers.com, you will need the male 3/4" quick disconnects to plug into your existing connectors.
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 4:50 AM Reply   
Sounds solid man.. when you added the 750's to your rear lockers did that overly effect how the boat drives/handles in terms to swamping? Cuz in addition to a better wave, im itching for a meatier wake for boarding to.. so im considering the 750's in the back and an integrated bow sack... any ideas or suggestions on that?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-13-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
With more weight in the rear, your wake will also improve for wakeboarding. Its an additional 700 lbs in the rear two lockers. I would make one suggestion, you need to vent these bags. Its not a hard process, cost is about $125 worth of parts. You need to run an additional quick disconnect off your extra plugged port in your bag and "Y" the line into your drain line with a one way check valve. These bags are big and create a lot of air, I also recommend doing this in your front center bag as well. Most people do not realized you loose about 20% of the bags holding capacity when you fill it with air pockets that develop.

As far as swamping, you will definitely feel the weight difference, if you have the Wakeboard prop on your boat it will get on plain with no problems. I typically fill the 750's about 1/2-3/4 full for boarding and I have a nice wakeboard wake. I usually just time it and stop at a certain time and it seems to work well. (problem with no gauges). Depending on how many people are in the boat is usually how I determine how much I will fill the bags. If we have a lot of people I dont need as much weight.
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
thanks Travis, that helps out a lot

cheers
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       08-15-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
J.dizzy, I have an 08 with the enzo sacks which weigh 1450lbs but I cant fill them completely but i get about about 1100 full, then I have an integrated bow sack 650lbs to help with the stock 400 in the bow. My surf wake is awesome on both sides. I believe the 750's would work fine but you def need some extra weight up front to make the wave really surfable. PM me with any q's you have about my set-up. I'd love to help.
Jason with wakemakers.com can help you with the bags and fittings. He can also help you with upgrading your fill times with the larger systems.

(Message edited by newty on August 15, 2009)