Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-03-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Got one for ya,
Bought some 05 l.e. Transits(seller to remain nameless for the time being) from the classified section here a couple days after X-mas. Sent a money order which seller confirmed had arrived a couple days after agreement. After a long drawn out ordeal I finally received the bindings over a month later. One problem, the bindings that were described as, "ridden twice; no tears, rips, stains; will ship in original box" etc... They finally arrived and are all gimped up! The heel just above the disclaimer on both bindings is ripped completely through the outer lining, whole bindings are faded and dirty and 1 lace is torn and tied back together! As you can imagine,I have had very little response from seller during the whole exchange, not to mention now that I have received them.
Any body got any ideas on what I should do? Thanks and sorry for the novel!
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-03-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
That sux. Hate to say it but you are probably hosed. Unless you can contact the seller and he is cool and either gives you your money back or makes good on the original deal. I doubt he will comply from the discription you gave.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       02-03-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
The first thing I'd do is document their condition (today)- photos, etc - I'd even think about going to a shop and getting the owner's confirmation (Yeah - I know - you didn't buy it there - but if you tell them the story, maybe they'll help. At least it's a professional's assesment of their condition.) Then I'd write a registered (return receipt) letter to the guy and tell him what you have done. Ask for your money back and give him a deadline (10 days or so). I'd also copy WakeWorld (Dave Williams) - I think you said you bought them in WW classified. I'd tell him if he doesn't return the money you will plaster his name all over the WWW and particularly where he lives.

I don't know of anyone who will sell their rep for that cheap.
Good luck.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-03-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
DEPOINT50AE, Yea I think my goose is cooked, I have had contact(very little) he didn't try to hide that they were damaged and didn't sound surprised, I gave him the choice of refund, or get them covered under warranty(extremely doubtful) He is supposedly trying to contact his board shop on the latter.
lloyd, I did contact local shop and they didn't seem to interested in helping(can't blame them) I did purchase them here(classifieds)but in no way do I consider even a fraction of this WW's fault, I was sketchy about money order, but seller didn't have access to paypal etc... And i'm with you, this is the 1st stage of plastering! Thanks guys for your input
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-03-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
If it was a member of this discussion board you should tell us who he is. Maybe he'll respond then?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-03-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Look in the classified section. Not that hard to find out who it is....
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-03-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/273400.html?1135613684
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-03-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Not cool! I am sure he will not be selling any thing else on WW. What a jerk!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Two Words: Judge Judy.....

Seriously, he should be ashamed of himself, doing all that over something like a pair of bindings, such little money when you think about it.

(Message edited by kristian on February 03, 2006)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-03-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Ryan Kent Huh? Well if he's that big of a scammer then we can have Dave Williams ban him from the user list. But he should have the opportunity to respond here and make good on the transaction.
Old    low_key_wake            02-04-2006, 12:27 AM Reply   
dont buy chit off the internet...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2006, 12:39 AM Reply   
Well I belive you have done everything correct to this point. Remembering we are only hereing one side but if what you say is correct slap up a new thread addressed to him so that we as your fellow boarders can witness, if he is such a loser as you proclaim I am sure not only will he lose every once of boarders respect he probably be banished from WW for good.

no it's not WW fault (we all take risk buying online) but we are like family and we need to stick together and keep the rotten apples out. The one thing that got me hooked on wakeboarding(cause I sure ain't good) is the family like feeling.
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-04-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
That kid rides at the park where I work at. I think I even know the bindings that you are describing. Hope he makes good! If not, karma sure can bite you in the a$$ pretty hard.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
uh oh, sounds like we got another Charlie Wenzel on our hands!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-04-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
I would contact Liquid Force direct and see what they will do for ya. that Sucks good luck.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-04-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Thanks to all for your input, Kenny I agree with you, this is only one side of the story, But there's no way he can deny my claims, Again, I didn't start this thread to bash him, just wanted some advice, I agree this is like a family, it's great even if I was bamboozled!
Jeff, and others, I don't know but I doubt they(Liquid Force)can or will do anything, since I'm not the original purchaser, no warranty card, and no proof of purchase, not to mention the 1 year warranty only. Thanks again to all for your input and i'm open to any suggestions
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
Take him to small claims court. If he does not show up you win by defualt. Otherwise call Bruno and his boys to kick his ass
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-04-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
I'd be willing to kick into a fund that buys you a plane ticket to discuss it face to face with him.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-06-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
Jack, any idea how that works? I've never had any dealings with it, since were several states apart, MO - NC is it even possible?
Greg, Appreciate the offer LOL!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-06-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Send him an email saying something needs to be worked out, and if not i will be forced to take you to small claims court. I would think that would get his attention.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-06-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
Small claims court will probably cost more than the bindings are worth. Even if he loses and you get a court order to for him to pay (court fees too), there is nothing to say he will. Then it will cost you even more to force payment.

P.S. Who doesn't have a PayPal account these days? If you are an internet junkie (ie chat on little forums like WW) you tend to have a PayPal account. In the future, I would always try to pay someone via PayPal, they have security against fraud.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
sucks that something like this has to happen when everybody was so nice on the holiday exchange thread.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   

quote:

By Loki (low_key_wake) on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:27 am:

dont buy chit off the internet...

why not? 99% of transactions here on ww are honest, legit transactions. this guy doesn't speak for most of the sellers here.

i sold a pair of bindings here. the user (as far as i know) was satisfied; he got exactly what i said i was selling with everything that came with it, i paid more for shipping than the buyer paid (my choice, just so he could track it), and even threw in some stickers.

i agree with renee...if you're going to buy from someone here (or ebay, or anything from the net), try to use paypal.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-07-2006, 5:43 AM Reply   
Yea, I usually do only PayPal transactions, I was so dumb founded when a pair of L.E. Transits came up for sale I jumped all over them, Didn't want to risk loosing them as I know someone else would have jumped on them asap. I was willing to take that chance on good faith, but I guess I got burned. Thanks again to all for your advice