Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    t_magnum            09-27-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
looks like wake giant got a hold of some product shots before everyone else
http://www.wakegiant.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=115
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-27-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
and its all free!
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-27-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
http://www.centurionofkingsport.com/about_us.html

More boards & bindings here
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-27-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Is it just me...or does it all look really gay.
The one board and boots are tight...but wow..
Old     (dekay)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
The Vault and Covin are sick too, I don't know about the Scout and Frontier though.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-28-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
What I find strange is that the Ronix 07 product just appeared in the Boards section of WW and there is virtually no real information about the product, just more hype like we've been hearing for months. How about some dimensions, weight, rocker, fin angle, ride characteristics, materials, etc.. All I'm left with is looking at the shape and bottom configuration and trying to decide which Hyperlite or Obrien board it most resembles.
Old    t_magnum            09-28-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
is anyone sold on the snowboard boot for the water yet?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
Not me.
I see no need as wake is in the sun/summer/hot..more of a surf vibe. Full on snowboard boot style is there for snow because it is cold and you are walking on ice and snow.
Plus, I used to work in a wake shop. Seems like 90% of wakeboarders are the package, cheap, easy buyers. The $400 boot sale is very few and far between. These forums are packed with the upper .2% of riders. Not skill level by any stretch...I mean wake knowledge.
Old    gotwake123            09-28-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
the closed toed is sopesed to be alot better on the toeside edjeing and now the heated liners they will be so comfortible i cant wait i already ordered the one board and binding setup
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Exactly my point.
If there is an edging benefit to closed toe, it is your heel edge. Awesome that you dropped cash on an unproven board and boots, and don't even know which edge closed toe is "supposedly" going to help.
If it makes youor edge better, shouldn't all of their boots have it?

Sorry stephen, I know you are excited.. good luck with it.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-28-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
i love not haveing a pressure point the old style open toe boots would have(where the toe rubber stops and digs into the top of your foot)...i will never ride an open toe old school boot again...oh yea and fba
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-28-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
stephen...dont let the (old)man get you down...your gonna have a blast on your new setup!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-28-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Les,

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/373979.html?1159459150
Old    gotwake123            09-28-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
ha im an am so im not paying for it
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-29-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
yeah he just thinks everything is gay because he can't keep up times.....nothing is "GettingOlder" than Magellan's useless comments. Everything new seems gay to him!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-29-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Just a question, but if the closed toe bindings are so much better, then why does Ronix offer 4 closed toe and 4 open toe in there binding lineup and not all 8 in a closed toe binding?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-29-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Jeff

Because offering all of one and none of the other is not being flexible enough and giving the consumer more choices..

Its too early to go all closed toe as it will take time for it to fully catch on and some riders who dont like change need a choice as well ;)
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
magellan

.... every post about anything to do with Ronix you try and put Ronix down... u need to get a life... you have never ridden any of these boards or bindings but all you can do is say negative things about them... you really are a LOOSER if that is how you spend your time... dissing another companies products that seperated away from "the norm" for all the right reasons. Get a life and go to wakeboarder.com if your guna continue your useless arrogence.
Old    jolly_roger_wake            09-29-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
its arrogance. if you're going to insult the guy, at least do it right.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-29-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Although I see your point Chris, My take on what he(magellan) said was that its all hype and no real life experience, yet. He could have done it in a nicer way....

Dont worry peeps, we'll have all winter to get the details on the whole product line.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-29-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
Troy,

Exactly my point. No information, just nice photos. I've got nothing against Ronix and am excited to read the reviews as they come in, but with this many months of anticipation I want the board stats, weight, ride characteristics, etc.. so I can compare that with all the info. already available from the competitor's gear.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Lance... ive seen people spell words a lot worse than that... so ill mark that down as I was running out of time and typing very fast! lol

Byrd... I am not talking about just this post... look at a few posts taht have any thing to do with Ronix... and he has some stupid comment to make putting them down... seems pretty dumb to put down something you have never even held in your hands... just my 2 cents

For example in another post:

GettingOlder (magellan)

Wait...it's impossible. A RONIX board broke. I thought they were the best ever. They have to be...Parks rides for them..and Danny..wha..Chad..whio...1080..
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-29-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
The really funny one is that you call him a "LOOSER" in all caps. What is he looser than? I'm not sticking up for him, he may indeed be a loser. I don't know. I just hope everyone out there tries before they buy.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-30-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Chris,

Who cares if people like Ronix or not. If they want to call it gay, let them.

If Ronix is as good as we all hope it is, then all (most) the negative comments will be shut up very quickly.

Let them hate, more for me to love (I hope).

Charlie