Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (evolover1418)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-21-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
I want to learn how to do do a switch healside w2w. i cant go w2w constant yet. I feel ball-zy. Any tips to just do it? thanks
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-21-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
so you can't w2w switch? or regular? If you can regular already then doing it switch is more of a matter of getting comfortable riding switch. It literally is the same thing with your back foot forward. So i would suggest just cruising around switch getting comfortable with switch riding and then progressively work on going w2w switch. Don't just charge it, it can get a little rough lol.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-22-2013, 10:42 AM Reply   
I suck at riding switch.
So i started out riding very slow, 18 or so, on a short rope jumping about halfway across doing switch heel 180s.
I slowly sped up and got more and more comfortable.
It's important to be very comfortable doing the 180 off the wake before speeding up. At this point I've done a 100 switch heel 180s and the edge in still feels very awkward to me, but the landing is very easy.

Starting slow and working your way up is much easier than going balls out. Take the extra time so you don't hurt yourself on something so basic.
Old     (evolover1418)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-22-2013, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 View Post
so you can't w2w switch? or regular? If you can regular already then doing it switch is more of a matter of getting comfortable riding switch. It literally is the same thing with your back foot forward. So i would suggest just cruising around switch getting comfortable with switch riding and then progressively work on going w2w switch. Don't just charge it, it can get a little rough lol.
i cant go w2w regular 100% of the time. ok cool. Im going out sunday. I'll try that
Old     (evolover1418)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-22-2013, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideGull View Post
I suck at riding switch.
So i started out riding very slow, 18 or so, on a short rope jumping about halfway across doing switch heel 180s.
I slowly sped up and got more and more comfortable.
It's important to be very comfortable doing the 180 off the wake before speeding up. At this point I've done a 100 switch heel 180s and the edge in still feels very awkward to me, but the landing is very easy.

Starting slow and working your way up is much easier than going balls out. Take the extra time so you don't hurt yourself on something so basic.
i get hurt half the time i ride lol. from facepalnts to not being able to feel anything lol. i love riding on a short rope better sometimes. it helps with just board controll