Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    listen2cky            07-03-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
I'm about to install my big air pylon today and I was wondering if any of you could give me any pointers on where in my boat (an '89 sea ray) I should put it. I'm thinking near the back so it will be out of the way.

I am also wondering if I should use any epoxy to make sure the screws remain tight in place so that the plate doesn't move at all.

If you have any pointers or suggestions i'd appriciate them.
thanks.
Old    fff88            07-03-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
I put a piece of 1/2 inch plywood under my deck and put it in the back right in front of the motor on the sterndrive boat. i used long bolts with lock washers and locking nuts. Out of the way and worked fine. Most people will say toward the center of the boat, but, you want some room, so, the back works fine.
Old    jmccallum            07-03-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
People have said the back is no good. I'm with Frank... not sure what difference it makes. Mine is just in front of the engine cover