Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (utopia_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-25-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Hey guys, Jonathan Nadolski here. Looking for people to ride with in Indy for the summer. Will pay for my gas and give free coaching (i am a trained coach by Darin Shapiro). All I need is a boat that throws a mean clean wake. Hit me up on Facebook or via email. Jdnwakeboarder@hotmail.com

Lets shred!
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-25-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
if you make over to Columbus, Ohio. give me a shout.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-25-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
I'm about three hours south of you in Evansville IN but if youre ever around my way let me know.

Chris
Old     (utopia_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
thanks guys. i will def let you kno if and when i am in ur area.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-26-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Jonathan show up here and help me judge and meet the local riders

Not only is there a wakeboard tournament, but there is also going to be a surfing clinic in the evening. And to add to it, the Water Bowl is having a music festival at the same time, http://www.myspace.com/midsummermusicfest. There will be bands playing on Saturday starting at 11am. Come out and compete, or just to hang out.
Here are the details.

When:
Saturday June 27th
Registration 8:00am
Wakeboard Tournament 9:00am
Lunch break 1:00pm
Surf Clinic 6:00pm

6811 N State Road 3
Muncie, IN 47302

Directions:
NE of Muncie. From 3 & 28, take 3 south to first Muncie exit. First right at sign marked Muncie Water Bowl , follow frontage road 1 mile to park. From I-69 & 67 take 67 North 12 mi, cross McGalliard Rd, take first left at Riggin Rd. Thru 1 light at Broadway. Over RR. Turn right first road on St Rd 3 north. First left at Muncie Water Bowl sign. Follow frontage road 1 mile to park.

If you are worried about how to get there, there will be a group leaving from The Ripple Surf & Board Shop in Broad Ripple at 7:00am if you want to follow them.

Cost:
$35 with proof of USA Waterski membership. (You must bring proof!)
USA Waterski memberships are available onsite for $35.

Tournament:
2 round event pulled by Supra and MasterCraft. Everyone gets to ride twice.
Please don’t feel you have to be an expert to compete. There are a lot of divisions. If you can wakeboard, you’ll be competitive in one of them

Novice
Riders are working on surface tricks, lip slides, one wake jumps. Heel Side 2 wake jumps.
Heel side wake to wake jumps are the top tricks in this division.

Intermediate (including Masters 30-39 & Veterans 40 & over)
Riders are working on all grabs, all w2w T/S, all w2w 180’s and any one invert or one spin up to 360.

Advanced
Riders are working on 2 to 4 inverts or spins up to 540.

Expert
Riders are working on 5 to 7 inverts or spins up to 540. No mobes.

Outlaw
Riders are working on 8 or more inverts or spins. No limit on spins or mobes.

Wakeskate

For more information contact:
Chris Walker
H2obug@comcast.net
765-744-6310
Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-26-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
i am on geist almost every day and would love some good coaching
Old     (joran)      Join Date: May 2008       06-26-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
I live in Indianapolis off I-65 on southport Road. We could use a third that could help coach and teach us some things. Drop me a line at Joran_alexander@hotmail.com or 317-603-5369. If that doesn't get me try 317-627-3488 (we just changed carriers and are still getting our old numbers transfered. The first is my current, temporary number. The second is what my permanent number will be once we get it changed over.
Old     (utopia_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-27-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
I have monday off and every other day I don't work till five so mornings would be a plus. Let me know if this works for either one of you (jordan and connor). My number is 407-949-1399. Sorry Chris this was just too short notice, otherwise I would have been there for sure. Let me know when you will be having another event and I will do my best to make sure I can be there.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-29-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
Jonathon,

Check your email.

-Rob
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-29-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
My bad on the "o" in your name, JonathAn.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-30-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
Wow... good responses! I spent a year trying to find people to Ride With in INDY...

Thanks Again Rob! Hope to ride with you crew again soon!
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-30-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Gordon, Looking forward to your return in July! Hopefully, you can swing away from the family for a few morning runs!

-Rob