Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    aimara            10-29-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
i know this may sound dumb but how do you put on bindings the right way on a board. just got a board and bindings and i am trying to figure how to put them on the correct way. pictures would help me too. thanks.
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-29-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
really cant help ya there. go to your proshop and they'll do it for you. they did it for me when i bought my setup
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-29-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
For the life of me I don't understand why wakeboard bindings aren't rear entry or some other simpler entry design. They must be designed for ducks or people with really flat feet.

One thing that will help you is if you can get someone with bigger feet than you to wedge into your bindings and wear them for a day. That will loosen them up and then they will be easier for you to get into. They are always super tight at first, though some designs are always going to be hard to put on no matter what.
Old    dahui            10-30-2005, 12:25 AM Reply   
It depends on your size. Most people go a little wider than shoulder width and cant them a little so they look like this \ /. That is how I like em. Mount them and then step into them to see what it feels like. It may be a little awkward at first but that is normal.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-30-2005, 1:40 AM Reply   
D'oh! I thought you were asking how to put them on your feet. Never mind. Yeah, what Da Hui said.

If you are a beginner just learning how to get up and ride without falling down, you might want to put them a little bit more towards the back of the board. If you bought a Hyperlite, it will come with a little booklet that explains how to mount them for your skill level.

After about five times out, you will want to just put them in the middle of the board like Da Hui said.
Old    walt            10-30-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/FAQ/

Q. How should I adjust my bindings?

A. Beginners will place the bindings closer to the rear of the board in order to sink the tail fin deeper in the water for better control. As you improve with stability, balance and control, you can move the bindings closer to the center/front of the board making it easier for surface tricks, fakie, and even in landing bigger wake jumps. It really depends on the board and how it responds to you. As for the angle of the plate on the board- it should at least be somewhere comfortable, not pigeon-toed or duck-feet but what feels good for you.