Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
I just had LASIK eye surgery on Monday and they say I can't go out on my boat for three weeks.

I should have done it in the dead of winter...

Good thing is I went from seeing 20-600 to 20-15...

The water temps are already reaching in the low 70's and I am ready to attempt this again this season with new board in hand.

Doing my fuzzy math I should be able to give it a whirl on April 14-15....

Kelly (Weskel)
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-29-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
Well i hope the eye surgery goes well, but dont be crying about not wakeboarding for 3 weeks. i still have to wait another 3 MONTHS! AAAHHHHHH!
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-29-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
3 weeks?! is that just for going out in the boat? You may want to check on the time frame for wakeboarding/waterskiing, I think its more like 3 months. That is what they recommended to me when I had it done. apparently the flap of the cornea that they cut is easily ruptured in that time period and waterskiing/wakeboarding is extra dangerous as there is a chance that water can be forced into the eye. I waited about a month and then I wore a small pair of goggles for the rest of the summer to prevent water from entering the eye. something like this...

Upload
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
I asked the eye surgeon directly how long before I could go wakeboarding/skiing/kneeboarding and he said three weeks..

I always ride with some tinted safty/sunglasses with a tight strap, last year I was afraid of loosing my contacts...now just worried about loosing my cornea flap....

In my worst wipeout/faceplant on a kneeboard last year my glasses never came off.

Kelly
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-29-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
You dont want to take any chances with your vision/Eyes, be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!