Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-05-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
Just a little teaser pic for you guys.

Same concept that we did on the floor just applied to the windshield. Frosted lexan cut and shaped to the windshield with LED's behind it.

Too see the finished project check the boat out at the 2011 Houston International Boat Show
@ the Texas Stereo booth @ Reliant Center, Jan 8th - 16th.

And for those who havent seen the floor before...

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-05-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Are they red on one side and green on the other?
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-05-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
Reminds me of Night Rider.Now somebody with a black boat do it and make them chase lights
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-05-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
Factorykitted - Kit....maybe???
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2011, 7:53 PM Reply   
Thats pretty cool. I like lights at the front of the boat to even out all the light around the boat but I hate driving the boat with Any lights facing forward. For 2 reasons. #1 The water cops will use it as a reason to pull you over. Having red OR any other color facing forward can send mixed navagation signals. I have been stope for this exact reason. And #2 it messes with your eye's but red is the best. It would be cool if you could use them red on one side and green on the other when the key is on and when the key is off they turn to what ever color your running
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-06-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Thats pretty cool. I like lights at the front of the boat to even out all the light around the boat but I hate driving the boat with Any lights facing forward. For 2 reasons. #1 The water cops will use it as a reason to pull you over. Having red OR any other color facing forward can send mixed navagation signals. I have been stope for this exact reason. And #2 it messes with your eye's but red is the best. It would be cool if you could use them red on one side and green on the other when the key is on and when the key is off they turn to what ever color your running

That why I have this....

I have control of all lights in the boat at the flick of a switch - interior, exterior, tower, underwater, mistings system, fog machine, lasers, etc, etc, etc,
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-06-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
You have lasers????
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Yea been there done that. IMO you wanna have 1 switch that does everything. ON and OFF. the last thing you wanna be doing "AT NIGHT" while driving your boat is trying to figure out what switch turns off what lights. IMO your either "riding dirty" meaning your running light's you shouldnt be running OR your not.

Example if your displaying lights you shouldn't be displaying ( Wich is pretty much everything you and I have) simply turning off the forward facing lights is not gonna save you. Its nice that you have all thoes switches and stuff and you can turn all the difrent zones off ect but just know when your runnning light that you sholdnt be make sure you are legit in all aspect's and be prepaird to be messed with.

"A tip" go park your boat some where cool and rock it how ever you see fit. Lights, lazer's, Smoke, Fire, what ever. Then when it's time to go, Try to Rock it on the down low be safe and have fun so you can go out and do it all over again.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-06-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
Grant - you see the switch in the top left part of the panel thats lit up? Thats the ON and OFF switch for the entire lighting system. So yeah....i have that.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-06-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
My Bad I thought you were saying you had a switch for every do hicky in your boat,
I have seen boats with a Control Pannel. Example A switch for cup holders, another oner for Interior lights, another one for this and that and on and on. Thats What i thought you had going on. That pannel you have is pretty awesome.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-06-2011, 2:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, that is pretty awesome. It would definetely be illegal but still very awesome.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-06-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
"Turbo boost Michael"...I'm just sayin. Seriously can't wait to check it out Saturday at the H town boat show. You would definetely need to be able to go stealth on Conroe, that's just asking for a "safety inspection" by the lakes finest.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-07-2011, 12:09 AM Reply   
I logged in just to tell you that your control panel is hot stuff. very nice. very nice.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
I would just like to go on Record and say, I hate safety inspections. And the only thing worse than a safety inspection is a "COURTSEY Safety inspection"

This is how it works at my lake. There are people doing stupid stuff all day long and the cop's are sitting back with binoculars in the 5mph zone spying on boaters comming into the 5mph zone. Its like the bait comming right to the fish's mouth.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-07-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
I think there is a big coorelation b/t those that cannot pass a safety inspection test and those that are doing the stupid stuff on the water.

I personally like them and have no problem with them. At the park in TX that we use, the CoE does a safety inspection while you are waiting in line at the boat ramp. Always happy to do the inspection for them and I go out of my way make it easy for them.

I like the idea of giving them a ticket before they even get on the water. It may just make the idiots think twice and doing somethinig stupid.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-07-2011, 10:55 AM Reply   
i love safety inspections, especially when its my 3rd or 4th of the day!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
That is awesome stuff! Nice work!!!!

Not to hijack too bad but do you have any resources on how I would get started with led's like this? Is there a lot of electronics behind it or is it just resistors and wiring it up to a 12v source?