Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
I took a short video from My I phone (sorry about the quality) . We just got back from Lake Shasta.
We took a short hike up one of the waterfalls at Shasta I think this one was up the Mc Cloud arm.
If you have a chance you should check it out. It was Awesome. Clear clean running water in crystal clear pools. The lake is just beautiful now stop making up reasons why you cant go and just go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-SxrtE62Y
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Thats amazing. Damn need to find a place like that in Jersey, hahahahaha
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Some pic's
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-03-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
here's one I shot with my gopro when we were there over 4th of July. There was a group of churchgoers doing a baptism there too. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but made it a bit more uncomfortable for us funseekers who were just there to slide down a rock....

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-03-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Yo G! - how exactly do you get there. Ill be there for a week next month - would love to check it out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Migg's We went over by the Dam and just wen it come in sight we merged over towards the right and its up a finger to the right of the dam Im sure someone can better describe how to get there.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-03-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
great pics I cant wait we are headed down for a weak this month
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Just go under the Pitt River Bridge (coming from the Dam) and stay to the left (almost along the bridge). That arm is the McCloud arm and should get you to where Grant took these pics. We were up there at the end of June and the lake was almost completely full (6 feet below the top of the dam). Beautiful place...nice pics, Grant.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-03-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Thanks G &Tony - so if im understanding you correctly its up the McCloud Arm - yes???
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-03-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
That would be LITTLE BACKBONE we are there in three weeks on the Titan
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-03-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
It's dead center in this map, but for some reason I can't get the blue pin to show up...

View shasta waterslide in a larger map
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
"G" I see your wearing your Camo shorts. Sean will love you for that. LOL
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-03-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
Racer #5 that is a hell of a houseboat, you will have a blast.

Miguel- not the McCloud or Pit Arm (no where near either) they are near the dam. when you are driving towards the dam its in the second inlet to the right (across from Digger Bay Marina) just go to the end of the inlet, drop an anchor and hike up. when you get to the top there is a natural waterslide you can go down and rocks to jump off. Been doing that hike every year since I was a kid.

Grant- Great pics!

Last edited by gregg_rossi; 08-03-2010 at 3:07 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-03-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Gregg - thanks - i think im understanding where it is now. Thanks.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-03-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
If we are all talking about the same place with the waterslide and hike here is a map of where it is... Not sure though, cause we are talking about two different parts of the lake. If this is not the place it is a MUST DO, only about a mile or less walk in the water all the way up to a 12 foot deep pool at the top to slide and jump into!

(sorry at work so did this in paint)
Attached Images

Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-03-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
okay watched the youtube videos I couldn't see at work and where I marked it on the map is in fact the same place. easy to find just head towards the dam, second inlet at the end... sorry on the may it is hard to read but I tried to write "where Grant was"
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-04-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
Gregg - thanks!!!!!
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-04-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Kinda off topic but it's pretty bad azz that you can maneuver that google map right from here!
Old     (curtis325)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-04-2010, 11:33 PM Reply   
This is an epic spot and a must see! Been secret for quite a while.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2010, 1:19 AM Reply   
Grant - Great video! Good job posting that!