Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about getting some ballast for our 15 foot outboard that is rated at 6 people. I was wondering if anyone has a boat around this size and how much weight would be safe and actually make a difference. We usually have 3 people in the boat and are towing one. Any ideas?
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Oh, and some specifics about the boat: 77 tri hull fish/ski boat, 80hp mercury engine.
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
YOU MAY WANT TO LEAN AWAY FROM DOING THAT.
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS TO CHECK OUT IF THE BOAT CAN HANDLE THIS
FILL IT W GAS AND PEOPLE SEE IF IT WILL GET ON PLANE

THROW A FAT SAC IN THE BACK 500LB CHECK PERFORMANCE IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE GRAB SOME SAND BAGS IF YOU START SINKING YOU CAN THROW THEM OVERBOARD AND NOT FEEL BAD

I HAD A 18FT MAXIUM W A 190 HP MERC
WHEN FILLED W GAS AND PEOPLE VERY DIFFICULT TO PLANE OUT

PACK AN EXTRA LIFE VEST! J/K BUT NOT REALLY
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
thanks, I'm going to the lake today and am gonna grab 3 5-gallon buckets and fill them with wet sand to see if it makes a difference. I'm [almost 100% positive] that won't sink it.
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
that is a great idea. you may need to place them in the bow of the boat for the boat to get on plane.
let me know how it goes
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
dont' do it. Not worth teh risk.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Well, we tried it with 2 (one turned out to have a hole in it, good thing we found that before putting sand/water in it) and we put them right around the pylon with my parents in back and my sister up front, it actually looked like it made some sort of a difference. I'm still working on a way to get them in the boat easier though.