Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-11-2013, 2:04 PM Reply   
Ill be using 12awg wire running from the front observer locker where my amp is located.

My question is should I run 4 individual runs of wire up to the speakers?
Or 2 runs and branch off at the top to the others.
They will be wired parallel to 2ohms
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-11-2013, 3:14 PM Reply   
I ran 10awg and split it to 14awg. I made sure ther wires where the same lenth for the split to spreakers.
A SD2 on 4REV 10's rock! I love mine.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-11-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
There is no right or wrong answer to your question.... But there are a few things to consider.

- If you choose to run all the wires down the tower, it will create a lot of bundled wire that you need to plumb. This can be time consuming and sometimes difficult depending on the actual tower.

- You can choose to do the parallel wire connections up at the speakers. there are many websites that will show you correct wiring. In simple terms + to + and - to -.

My advise is choose the later, and save yourself some headache install wise. If you want to be really pro and elite, you can solder the connections and use heat shrink to terminate the ends. If you want to be like most people, a simple crimp tool and splice will do the trip for the connections.

Do which ever is right for you.

Brian @ Exile
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-11-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
^^ that is exactly what I planned on doing. I prefer the solder over the connectors any time I can.
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to lose any power.

Awesome. Thanks guys.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-12-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
Throw some pics up of the install when you're done. Haven't seen much from you on this site for the last month or so. What did you end up doing for subs?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-12-2013, 11:14 AM Reply   
Yeah, the boat kind of got put on the back burner but I got sick of looking at the huge boxes that the revs were in sitting in my dining room lol
Didnt really plan on putting them in until spring since they came so late in the season, but its been so nice we are going to take the boat out Thursday

I have two DC audio level 4 12's for subs.

But at least in the time I haven't been on here, my truck has received headers, a cam, and a higher stall
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-12-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
this stuff looks like a really clean option: http://www.amazon.com/GAUGE-CONDUCTO.../dp/B00BHIQPHQ

of course it's 13awg not 12.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-13-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
You are gonna parallel them at the amp so you might as well do it at the tower so you don't need to deal with a big dong of a bundle of wire. I would recommend a good quality 4 conductor cable in a single sheath. High quality finely stranded bi-amp speaker wire is readily available and suitable for your needs.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       11-13-2013, 9:16 PM Reply   
Id been waiting for about 2 months for knuconceptz to get their bi-wire in stock and I got fed up waiting.
Tower is already wired, just need to find another hour or 2 to get the final holes drilled where the speakers will hang and hang them

Now I need to get In gear and wire all the LEDs. Too many toys, not enough time!