Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old    ren            11-08-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hey I'm down in SoCal this weekend. My X-Star is up in NorCal but my girlfriend has an X-9 wants to go out on her boat tomorrow.

Any idea where we should go?

Also, if anyone wants to join as a third let me know.

We're in Aliso Viejo Orange County.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
take ortega hwy over the hills to lake elsinore. you might need the use the channel (much better water). if so, you have to buy a pass at california skier (mc dealer) just a few minutes from elsinore.
Old    ren            11-08-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Joe what about Lake Perris? She says Elsinore is dirty water, but I laughed because nothing is dirtier than the delta.

Also do you know where lake Mathews is?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
dirty water? she better stay home then if she's trying to avoid dirty water.

no, don't know where lake mathews is.
Old    ren            11-08-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Can anyone get us on Canyon Lake?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
canyon's as "dirty" and feeds elsinore.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-08-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
You can put the boat on Canyon, all you have to do is buy a lot there. Serously though, the water is pretty low here right now, I'm waiting for some rain to start riding again.

Only way to get on Lake Matthews is get a job with MWD. Drinking water only.

Delta got nothin' on Elsinore, you gotta love water that looks like anti freeze. First time I went to the Delta, was like "where's the dirty part? This is nothing" Elsi's actually not bad, all the algae eats the bacteria up.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       11-08-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
elsinore is the dirtiest of the dirty. can't see your foot when you put it in the water and dead fish float everywhere.

lake matthews is in riverside, but no accessible.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-08-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, I hear there having a big sale on canyon lake property...
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-08-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Buy 1 get one free...
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-10-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Some of you are stuck in a time warp. Keep talkin though, the more boats you help to keep of Elsi, the better for us it is. Well done, carry on.....
Old    kc700            11-10-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Perris is horrible. And Im pretty sure its a one direction lake. Meaning, you have to all drive one way around this big island in the middle. I could be wrong cuz its been years since I was there but I remember it being gnarly and full of roided out meatheads driving cigarette boats.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-10-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Rene..what did you guys end up doing?

Chris...time warps are good!! I was out on Elsi late pm the other day. I spent the whole time ollie-ing over dead fish..and the smell...

Kyle...Perris is only 2/3 capacity...water was lowered about 2 years ago to work on the dam. You can't even go around the island now..just in front of it. Even so...it's not too bad when no one else is there.
Old     (bogiedog1)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-11-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
+1 on Perris when no one else is around.

I would be surprised if they went out last weekend, the wind was blowing pretty hard.

This weekend it is supposed to be 90 degrees...the season rolls on.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-11-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Matthews is out even if you are a MWD employee. No lake access at all unless you're one of our divers.
Old     (220_superstar)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-11-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Was at Lake perris 2 sundays ago and we were the only boat on the lake got there at 6am and were off by 10am. I pistoff a lot of fisherman though!! Had my 220 superair loaded with 6 guys and 4k lbs was sick!!! Just my 2 cents
Old     (bogiedog1)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-12-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Speaking of no access on local lakes, anyone know why Diamond Valley is that way? I heard originally it was supposed to allow water sports beyond just fishing.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-12-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
I heard that about Diamond Valley too. With San V closing in San Diego, what can we do to get Diamond Valley opened up?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-12-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
Actually, just boating there is now a issue:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/riverside/20081002-1657-lake.html
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-12-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Nothing you can do or say to get MWD to open it up to body contact. Same with Skinner. Drinking water reserves. Last thing they want is dirty diapers floating around in it like Lake Perris.

Actually the water is so low at DVL that you can't launch private boats anymore, only rentals for fishing are available.

On another note, if you're into cycling, go for a ride around DVL. It is almost 22 miles around it with about 3/4 of it dirt/fire road. A few uphills and downhills, nothing major.
Old    ren            11-15-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Thank goodness for NorCal!!!! SoCal has water issues.

SoCal M.O.B, We ended up squashing the boat idea, and went to Laguna beach.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-15-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
SoCal IS a water issue!!! Laguna Beach was a MUCH better choice!! Hope you had fun.
Old     (juiceman831)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-18-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Hey I recently went on a trip to both Lake Elsinore and Lake Perris. Water wasnt as great as my brothers home lake of San Antonio but it was nice enough to wakeboard. Lake Perris you gotta be in the water when the sun rises and be done boarding by 10 a.m wind howls. Lake Perris is maybe about 15 to 35 feet in some areas but thats along the ball park range. Lake Elsinore same in the afternoon but you get a little more time to ride since its bigger than Perris. As far as the water being gross?...I think all lakes get filthy after a heavy summer season. But my two cents, I dont care if its a body of water that has that rainbow effect in the water...Im not there to drink it Im there to RIDE IT!. Besides they both are about 15 minutes from me so Im not complaining some people drive 1 hr from their house to the lake. So say what you want but in the begining and during and after the day all I think about is being "AT" the lake boarding wether its at Lake Smellsinore or Le'Per-rreee' . Have a nice day. Oh and just to answer your Question...Id do both in one weekend and judge for yourself.

Glass serves lots of purposes.....
1. To wakeboard in.
2. To hold your beer
Just two for now...the most important ones at least, is all I know.

(Message edited by juiceman831 on November 18, 2008)