Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-19-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
Anyone have this happen to them. I have been trying to pin down a set of bindings, and I have tried a few pair and when one the water after about 10-15 minutes my feet go numb. Any suggestions?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Bigger bindings
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-19-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
the thing is that both pair were the right size..any bigger and will be too big. could it be the way I ride? just my feet?
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-19-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
i only have my back foot go numb... looking for a answer also
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-19-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
me too.. evey pair same thing.. 5 min and my feet are so numb i cant take it any more
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-19-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
I had that problem with my old Watson bindings and switched to a pair of CWB Factions, think thats what there called, and haven't had that problem anymore. I know for me it was the pressure the bindings put on the top of my foot by the ankle. Just my personal experience you might have something differant going on!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
Have you ever tried bigger with socks? My feet used to fall asleep also with what I thought were the right size bindings. But with the last two pairs I have not had that problem. They must be too tight somewhere that stops blood flow.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2009, 10:10 PM Reply   
Yeah I had that problem too, my feet stopped going numb when I stopped cranking my laces up. My old LF Switch bindings are so tight that you don't even need to use the laces, don't have the same problem with my newer bindings but I don't lace them up really tight.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
both my last sets of bindings have been higher wrap. Maybe it changes where the tightness is applied to your ankles and feet.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-20-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
I tried Watson bindings for the first time this weekend and cannot believe how comfortable they were. They are a bit more flexible. I am seriously thinking of selling my cells and going with the watsons. I would say give them a try. Also I found that after I have worn a pair for a while the foot pain goes away. Just need something that works for YOUR foot which will be different than anyone.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
I took took out the Watsons this weekend, and within 5 minutes feet were getting tinglily...I was first trying the Shanes...maybe I need to go to an open toed? I wanna think that the Ronix Ones didnt do that when I tryed them at OWC, but 400 bones..
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-20-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
Got to find the right binding. Unfortunately it is often a trial and error process. You really can't tell while trying them on in the store unless you keep them on for 20 minutes and even then the bindings will break in and feel different after some use.

For what it is worth Slingshot D2s are super comfy but it took me about 2 or 3 different trials with other bindings to land on these and what works for me may not work for others.
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
I had this problem for years, and a couple years ago I picked up long distance running and got fitted for shoes -turns out I have wide feet -anyways, did some research and found out LF bindings are made for slender feet, Ronix makes some of the wider bindings available..past two years I have had the Ronix one's, and just stepped up to the cells...love the whole Ronix binding line due to me being able to ride much longer without pain.

Fyi -i tried on the LF Watsons and they are extremly narrow.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-20-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
I think will go wit hthe ones
I dont have a wide foot, but just maybe LF are not for me
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-20-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
Wear them in a hot tub for 15+ minutes, they should get all warm and stretch out a bit. Jump in the cooler pool or pour cool water on them before taking them off to help set the "memory" in the binding.

I wear bindings a full size smaller than recommended. After half a season they are almost too stretched out for my liking. Might have something to do with my previous experience with very tight jump bindings.

Another option is to have somebody with bigger feet wear put them on to stretch them out. I have used my size 12s to do that favor for many others.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Mike, you bought the Ones in a smaller size then stretched them out, what about toes, they curl right at end
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
I too have the Ronix closed toe, never had a numb foot problem since I have been riding on these. They fit great and the custom fit soles are great, hug my feet without cutting off circulation.