Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
Can anyone help me with this? The boat is an 04 22v riders edition, with a Syncrovac manufactured tower. The company is no longer in business. The tower seems to be pulling apart on the port side.

Is there supposed to be a pin or something in this hole, or is it designed to give?

The picture is of the port side front leg.
Upload
Upload
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-24-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
It does look like something might be missing there, Have you checked the other side?
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-24-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
I believe there is supposed to be a big allen bolt on the inside of that leg.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
i know the new ones take a allen bolt to hold those 2 peices together. i would start with taking the other sides allen bolt out to match it up hahahaha.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
No pin in the hole. That is just a weep hole for welding or drainage.

Check what everyone else is saying about the allen bolt on the inside of the lower part.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
The other side does not have anything in the hole either.

I tried looking in the hole with a flashlight but I can see no hole on the inserted piece or any threads.

Now the dang thing is in storage and will have to get dealt with in the spring.

Thanks, I wish the Factory could have given me this much help. All I got out of them was the name of the company and the fact that they were out of business.

(Message edited by enzostyle on October 25, 2007)
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-26-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Typically there's a small allen nut on the inside just below that black ring. I believe that leg has a "male/female" part that fit into each other. I don't think it can actually come apart because the rear section of the tower is keeping pressure on it.