Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (nathan_from_downunder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
so many assie riders are killing it all over the world you have the known ones like Daniel watkins, brett eisenhour and josh sanders but the new lads in town like chris o,shea dean smith the makie brothers and all the new zealand riders are killing it also with w2w 900s are a normal at every contest here in aust these guys are on the edge of being at the top of the podium at every comp all over the world anyone that i missed you also kill it on a wakeboard
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
How can you mention New Zealand without bringing up Jeff Weatherall? If he lived stateside, he'd be one of the biggest names in our sport and a marketing machine. He's the best at landing wrapped (different than blind) I've ever seen. If I'm not mistaken, he's the only rider in the world currently throwing a patriot missle and g-spot behind the boat.

Good call on Dean Smith...quite possibly the best rider no one has heard of.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
hmmm. speaking of those australians and new zealanders(i dont know how to say that)
WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE CANADIANS
canadians have been ripping lately!
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-09-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
"assie???"
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
I'm suprised it took three posts before someone pointed out "assie"
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Especially amusing for someone from "down under" to refer to his countrymen as "assie" riders ;-)

Seriously, though--typos get the best of all of us from time to time.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
I'm glad somebody else is talking Jeff W up, I love the way he rides, and he is cool guy to go with it. Watch for Brad Smeele in the near future too, he is killing it, landing heel and toe 9's and getting close on TS10's & also been trying TS12's.
Old     (nathan_from_downunder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-10-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
if you want to talk up brad smeele check out the world first a wakeboard step up on the post page simply amasing what he can throw down and balls to match it
Old     (liquid_force24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff wats a patriot missile???

and No Jeff isnt the only 1 throwin g-spots... Mitch langfield is doin them nuclear!!! and hes been doin them for a while too.

oh and yer watch out for Mitch Langfield!!!

hes 16 and rips the bag... 1 of 3 people ever to throw a method roll to blind... like the only australian throwin big worms and off the double hes got method mobe 5s, hs & ts 9s and batwing blind 5s to name a few!!!

not to mention he also kills it on cable with nuclear s-bend to blinds, roll to blinds and switch 313s

and another young gun is harley clifford with Petes, ts 7s, KGBs, Dum Dums and mobydick 5s!!!

and i think he has also landed Dum Dum 5s!!!

1 Australian that nobody nos that kills is Matty Wilkings... 1 of the best Aussie cable riders and a great boat rider that goes bigger that any1 else with tail front to blinds, ts 9s and massive nuclear s-bend to blinds off the wake!!!

l8ers
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2007, 4:27 AM Reply   
A patriot missle is a tootsie roll landing wrapped. I think you have to grab nuclear on a g-spot to generate any kind of spin on a ts roll to blind without passing the handle. Such a sick trick.