Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (wristy_j)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
I just picked up a display model set of '06 Watson bindings, and they didn't come with the plastic washers that you're supposed to use between the screws and the pro plate when mounting it to the board. The inside of the box lists them in the parts list, and they are nowhere to be found. Does anyone know how important these are to actually use? I called the guy at the shop and he said you don't really need them, but I want to make sure - I think he would've said the same thing if one of the pro plates was missing. Does anyone know how important those spacers are?

Thanks,
J
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       06-12-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
i dont know man, i have never really thought about it haha....i mean if they can tighten the bindings all the way down without the washers i cant imagine that they are that important, im sure you could just send LF an email and they will hook you up
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
mount the bindings on your board and see if they fit right (i.e. - they don't jiggle around and you cant move them). LF has notoriously short binding screw holes, so if you are mounting the LF bindings on a non LF board then you should be fine.

regular metal washers are what i use when i mount my Ronix bindings on my watson that i use for rails and they work fine, so use those if they bindings are still loose
Old     (wristy_j)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Yeah, I figured they would be fine if I could tighten them all the way. Just thought it might be for soaking up a little flex or vibration damping or something.

I'm mounting them to an older Byerly, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks guys.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
not really, its just to hold it in place.

enjoy the watsons, their sick!
Old     (wristy_j)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
Thanks - I can't wait to get out and try them! I picked them up over lunch and they've been sitting here on my work desk right next to me, making sure I don't get anything done - I'm tempted to just put them on and daydream!