Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    big_rob            09-27-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
I was just wondering, will there be wakeboarding in heaven??? I'm not sure but here are some thoughts to consider on the matter.
1) Jesus walked on water.
2) Once he calmed the storm and turned the sea to butter.
3) When Paul was shipwrecked, he told people to ride on boards to safety.
4) In heaven water conditions are described as being a sea of glass.
What do you think?
Old    anim8or            09-27-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
what would wakeboarding in Hell be like? perfect glass water, but you can never find a 3rd person, so you can't go......
Old    wakejump            09-27-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
would be hard
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
...or in Hell the water is glass, but full of sharks. :-)

This is starting to sound like a perfect South Park skit.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
and the sharks have laser beams.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
Did you say laser beams?
How hard is it to find Sharks with Frickin laser beams?

...Throw me a frickin' bone...

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on September 27, 2004)
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-27-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
And the sharks are riding jetskis...
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
that would piss me off.
and to top it off, they jump into your boat and assault you.
Old     (jbenbri)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
When and if you see Jesus face to face, your best ride ever will seem like nothing copared to Him. It will be way better than wakeboarding.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Ya, especially for a guy that can walk on water. In that case the board is optional.
Old    latebloomer            09-27-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
Then even Big Rob and I will be able to get some big air.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
Ben, way better than wakeboarding? Blasphemer!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-28-2004, 4:39 AM Reply   
Blasphemer!

(Message edited by shutupandboard on September 28, 2004)
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-28-2004, 5:04 AM Reply   
Meet God

Ron
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-28-2004, 5:06 AM Reply   
Meet God

Ron.gif
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-28-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
Meet God

Ron
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-28-2004, 5:19 AM Reply   
Sorry, my 'puter seems to be wig'in out on me today. I wonder if there was a higher power behind my posting problems this morning....
Old    big_rob            09-28-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
Ben & John - Good words!
Old    byerly137pro            09-28-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Did you know that it is debateable that Jesus walked on water, beacause this was written by the ancient people and the term On the water actually meant beside, so in theory Jesus walked beside the water. This can be prven by when you say "my cottage is on the water" which actualy means its on the shore not literally on the water. Just something to think about.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       09-28-2004, 4:23 PM Reply   
That is a crazy miracle, Jesus walking beside the water.
Old    waterdog2            09-28-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Do you know how they make holy water? You boil the hell out of it!
Old    latebloomer            09-28-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
Alex, It seems the disciples wouldn't have been afraid if He was just walking on the shore. John 6:19-20
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-29-2004, 4:55 AM Reply   
Good call Terry.
Old    byerly137pro            09-29-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
Yah true, but I never said he didn't, I was just giving you guys something to ponder, like figure this, in order to be a jesus someone has to believe but what if christianity(sp?) is just some cult someone started, not saying this is true either, but its always fun to think of how real the world is. Also think about the chaos theory; a butterfly flaps its wings and a tornadoe stirs up. Hmmmmm.....
Old    latebloomer            09-29-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
Alex how do you like your byerly. I'm about to demo one a 142.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-29-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
I dont know if many wakeboarders will make it to heaven unfortunately. Its an expensive sport and after all 'it is easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle, than to pass through the gates of heaven.' thats my philosophical post of the day.
Old    murrayair            09-29-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
To quote the Good Book: "If thee cannot get THROUGH the Gates, thou shaltst do raleys OVER them" -Murray 3:17

Gentlemen, if, as Leo says, we can't get by St. Peter, I believe our next course of action is clearly dictated.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
That should be Murray 3:13
Old     (jbenbri)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-30-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
You don't have to be rich to ride! Seek first His kingdom and righteosness, and maybe he will give you a boat and a board.( or at least a friend with one) Matt 6:33 And maybe the next question is what kind of boat will we ride behind??? And Leo, I will be there for sure, hope to see you.
Old    byerly137pro            09-30-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
Terry~ I like the board a lot, the only thing is its a little slow, but it has good pop and good tracking, it holds an edge well.

In heaven if wakeboarding exists, we will ride behind the waves created by that greek god of the seas I dont know his name, but he will create the biggest wake you have ever seen, possibly bid enough to wet your white cloak.
Old    big_rob            09-30-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Perhaps the angels could give us a pull because "Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14)
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-19-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
i think you are all crazy. that is all
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-19-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Since heaven will be built on earth I don't see why there won't be wakeboarding or any other activity. I guess I'll find out sometime. While I am waiting, I will practice and try to bring as many riders along as possible.
Old    lunaraven            10-19-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
You must be a Belinda Carlisle fan or a J.W. Karl?
Whatever the afterlife may bring, hopefully it has separate lakes for tooberz, PWC'ers, skiiers, and boarders. And no chop without suey.

Todays my birthday and I'm at work...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-19-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
Yeah but I'll have the best wake because I made Buddha sit in the back.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
LOL - Stephen

Can I bum a ride cuz even in heaven I'll probably still be a boat-whore.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
Heaven doesn't exist. It is a construct by insecure humans to glamorize death.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
blah blah blah....

Didn't your mom teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
My mom died when I was 1.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-19-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
My mom died before I was born!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
ok ok......didn't ANYONE ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Hows that, better?
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
John Davison - If that's true, please explain this:

http://www.davisonfamily.org/wedding/images/wedding/wed34.jpg
The caption for that picture is "John and his Mother."

Don't make light of my mother's early death.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-19-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
Rick:

Read Revelation. It details how the new heaven and new earth will be established. It does talk about a river as smooth as glass.

If you read the first few chapters of Genesis about the Garden of Eden and the last chapters of Revelation you get a brief glimpse of what heaven is.

I am not J.W., just Christian without denominational axe to grind.

The question as to the existance of wakeboaring in heaven is a legitimate one. People will disagree, but the question and discussion is legitimate.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
The question and discussion are only legitimate if you believe in heaven.

There is absolutely no physical proof that heaven exists. Only words and presumptions based on writings in various religious journals.

We're all worm food when we die, religion is simply a coping mechanism for people who are too weak minded to accept this.
Old    lunaraven            10-19-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
OK Karl I'll check it out, but since you didnt deny being a Belinda Carlisle fan I have to assume the worst about you.
Jeff the only thing I know for certain everyday is that no one will be offering me gas money. I hope there is an afterlife and from looking at your profile pic you should too...

You still use that board? I have tried others but never found a better ride for me...
Old    anim8or            10-19-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
If there's wakeboarding in heaven, I'm sure it would look like the video in the 'Heli Video' thread..... So calm it doesn't even look real.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/195065.html?1098213711
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-19-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
i think wakeboarding in heaven would be free from leg injuries
Old    swass            10-19-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Jeff, although I agree with you for the most part, you can't prove it's non-existence, either. Even though I believe in evolution, I recognize that it does't provide all the answers either.

It's simply a question of faith: either you have it, or you don't. There's no need to deride those who do. If you refrain from doing so, perhaps you'll be shown the same consideration.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
Proving non-existence is a feeble argument.

Nice try though.
Old    swass            10-19-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
I figured you'd trot that one out. If you did, that's my clue that you missed the point.

Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
I understand the faith point.

I chose to not say anything about that because you might have considered it derisive. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Most of the pastimes I would consider heavenly are either illegal, immoral or both. Maybe we will all get our own personalized heaven.
Old    willowjeff2            10-21-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
well i'll tell ya one thing there sure isn't any wakeboarding in hell.... and Jeff, explain why the whole world adapted a measure of time based around one mans life and death (Jesus Christ) i'm refering to BC (before christ) and AD (which actually translates into, "the year of our lord"); which were adapted in 525 AD, and accepted in all civilization. We see BC and AD in almost every single history book besides the present-day books that are trying to become more politically correct, (using CE and BCE). Now, can you say that all historians are religously biased? Ok lets think back to 525 AD when Jesus Christ was being accepted as a figure who had enough significance to base our measure of time on. Maybe the people back then new a little bit more about what really happend then we do. As time has gone by, there are an increasing number of religions. There are people believing in different gods and some believing in nothing at all. The farther we get away from the birth and death of Jesus Christ, the fewer number of people are believing. But thats just my opinion what do i know, i'm just a 20 year-old student.
Old    latebloomer            10-21-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
Swass, I have a video that explores the questions about evolution, creation and the Bible. It might give some answers to the questions evolution doesn't. I will send it to you free of charge just e-mail me your address.
Old    swass            10-22-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
No thanks.
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
I'm with you Swass; Darwin was a Salopian and as an old Salopian I'm sticking with him!!
Old    latebloomer            10-29-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Evolution? Before the moon landing nasa scientists estimated that the space dust on the moon would be somewhere around 15 feet deep. This was based on the estimated age of the moon according to the evolution theory and their calculations that space dust accumalated at 1/2 inch per 10,000 years. Therefore, they put the large landing pads on the lunar module. When they landed there was about a half inch total. This being right in line with the biblical account of the creation of 6,000 years. Which takes more faith to believe evolution or creation?
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-29-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Don't think you have to belive in one and not the other. You can believe in God and still believe in the theory of evolution. Evolution does exsist, we see it in all forms of animals, plants, and even in human nature.
All religon is based on Faith. Because there is no Physical proof, that is all people have is faith. My motto is " if religon makes you a better person then I dont care what religion you are".
So in closing, it doesnt matter what you belive in, just contribute to our society in a positive way and dont condemn those who have different beliefs than yours, embrace them and you just might learn more about what they believe in and also more about your beliefs.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-29-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
Hey at least in hell the water would be warm
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
just a thought,didn't Darwin renounce his theory on evolution? I think I heard that somewhere, but I could be wrong.
Old    latebloomer            11-01-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Shawne, I do believe Darwin renounced his theory and also confessed that Jesus Christ is Lord right after he bowed his knee to Him. Romans 14:11
Erik, I must disagree with your assessment that evolution is seen all around us. I see distinct species not cat-birds or frog-birds or any kind of transitional species. Yes there are varieties of dogs or horses, etc, but still distinct species. There is a difference between micro and macro evolution. One does exist in variations and adaption, but there is no real evidence of a specie evolving into another specie. That is why the evolutionist must add billions and billions of years to the age of the earth to somehow make this believable. It is all an attempt to avoid the claims of Jesus.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-02-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
"the bible is right and all your native coulture is wrong"
Old     (jbenbri)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-06-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
Wow! Seem to have a variety of opinions on this matter. I am curious to know if people with differing views of God and creation have checked out the facts for themselves. I have been a bible believing christian for about five years now. My salvation rests in the work of Jesus Christ. (John 14:6) I can tell you this for sure, you don't have to check your brain at the door.The more I check it out, the stronger I believe. There are several great resources to answer some the questions that have been discussed here. Lee Strobel has written a couple of books,(he is a former athiest) that are very informative. The Case For Christ, The Case for Faith. I think he has another one out that I have not read yet. After all is said and done, I can tell you this for sure. My life has been transfromed by the power of Jesus Christ. Call it a crutch, call me weak, call me whatever. But if I do only become worm dirt, then at least my life was spent loving my neighbor as my self, being the best husband, worker and father that I can be. If you become more than worm dirt, what will your eternity be like? My hope and prayer is that people of all nations will become disciples of Jesus Christ. Christianity is not about religion, it is about a relationship, a relationship with the risen Lord. And by the way, the other gods people talk about today are dead and buried. There is only One who has risen. Sorry for the long post, but "I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, first for the Jew then for the Gentile." If there are any genuine seekers with questions who would like to talk or check it out for themselves, contact me, I will do all that I can to help you find answers to you questions.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-06-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
JESUS SPAM!!!!!!

Leave this off the post and SOmebody please kill this Post.
This is a wakebaord site not a BORN AGAIN SITE!!!
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-06-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Amen brother Eric!
Old     (x10wakerider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-08-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Well said BEN !!!!!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-08-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
for my two cents, if their is no after life, or heaven so to speak, which i am a firm believer in Christ, then what is the purpose of life. If we are all going to be "worm food" like earlier suggested, then why not just die right now if the only purpose in life is to eventually be worm food. We were meant to live for a purpose, all that is of the world will eventually die away, but the soul lives for eternity, in heaven or hell. Regardless of belief, we at least are all able to partake in this awesome sport, which no one can argue.
Old    lunaraven            11-08-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Regardless of how hard you pray you will be worm food, the only way to avoid this is to be buried at sea, then you can be fish food.
Nobody knows what lies in the afterlife, best plan is too make the most of life.

"Were here for a good time not a long time so have a good time the sun can't shine everyday."
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
Just to add my two cents, and then some...

Something to ponder...

We often hear that "Moses" parted the Red Sea to lead the people to safety.

Do people realize that the literal translation of the phrase that has been interpreted to loosely say "parting the Red Sea" actually means (as close as I can be to the correct statement) "crossing the Sea of Reeds"

At the time of year that Moses crossed this supposed body of water, was when the upper Nile has significant floods, creating a huge area of water only a few feet deep but encased in tall reeds.

Now, what would be more acceptable to our common sense...a man walking hundreds of kilometers around to the Red Sea while being chased by men on horses...or...

Walking a relatively short distance and hiding the people within the "Sea of Reeds" where men on horseback would be virtually ineffective in tracking down the people.

Sometimes, we must realize that written language was created by mankind and it is manipulated by the same.

And, for anyone that has any monotheistic beliefs, should look to the Sumerians for their beliefs and guidance. You will find numerous familiar "stories" and "moralistic themes" detailed in their culture. Unfortunately, not much in writing (or similar) remains, but the histories of those that "borrowed" from the Sumerians refer back to this ancient, way-before-"Christ" culture.

Just some thoughts to mentally chew upon
Old    latebloomer            11-11-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
Louise so how did the Egyptians drown in a few feet of water? What about Jesus. Who was He? God, just a man, a prophet?
Old    big_rob            11-18-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
It is amazing the great lengths people will go to try and convince themselves of something other than the truth. If it weren't so sad - it would be downright funny. The truth is clearly revealed in creation, indelibly written on the human heart, faithfully recorded in the Bible, and sufficiently demonstrated by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-18-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
big rob, couldn't have said it better myself
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-19-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
If there is a wakeboarding heaven, I'll finally get to meet many of you, somehow we will all be able to ride at the same time, without a ripple. Enjoying, sunrise, sunsets, night, or day, or all of these at once. I'll leave the debate of God, and Jesus, and other Gods alone but it sure is a nice thought that I can take some of my most priced memories and live them everyday.
Old     (wakechik)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-23-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
ben, big rob, jared, and those alike.. u guys r awesome.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-23-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
"Alex, It seems the disciples wouldn't have been afraid if He was just walking on the shore. John 6:19-20"

You haven't seen the crocodiles they got over there.