Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-18-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
Anyone know where you can watch video from the waketour?

You'd think if they were trying to grow the sport there would be some easy to access footage, but I can't seem to find it!
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-18-2013, 9:12 PM Reply   
Patience. There will likely be a video of the pro men's final winning run on wakeboardmag's site within a day or two, and a day or two later there will often be videos of the top 3 runs from pro men's, pro women's, and junior men's on wakeworld. Then in a month or so there will probably be a half hour tv show on nbc sports or fuel tv or something like that.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-19-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Looking forward to the up load, Austin. Good to meet ya yesterday!
Old     (cbk_watersports_fergie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-19-2013, 7:18 PM Reply   
I noticed Dowdy wasn't in the standing whats up with that? Did he not ride?
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-20-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
I was surprised looking at the results as well. Besides just Mike Dowdy there were a lot of other good young riders that apparently didn't make the finals, semis, or even quarter finals--e.g. Steel Lafferty, Daniel Powers, Bob Soven. What happened to all these kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharoo View Post
Good to meet ya yesterday!
I'm probably a different Austin. I did get my boat out for the first time yesterday, but it was just with my wife and my dad.
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-20-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Dowdy had food poisoning so he didnt ride. And Bob Soven was overseas opening a new cable park with the some other guys from the fox team
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-20-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
anybody know what really happened? Did Harley fall? Any doubles landed?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2013, 10:32 AM Reply   
Bummer about Dowdy. I saw that on FB.

I am curious to hear what happened to Harley. Phil beating him is understandable. Coming in 5th is not.

Congrats to Shota though. I like seeing him up there.
Old     (mcane6)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-20-2013, 11:49 AM Reply   
Harley fell on his final trick
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2013, 12:13 PM Reply   
oops...I see now that Harley got third, not 5th.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-20-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
Harlley posted that he fell on his last trick which cost him the win
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
After watching the videos I'm feeling surprised that Harley placed third. 3 Mobe 5s and he looked good on the rails.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-29-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
So the Wake Games just played on NBC Sports. I'm glad my DVR caught it. I was expecting some kind of news post on at least one of the wakeboarding websites to give us a heads up that it was coming. I had the King of Wake series set to record last year and thankfully it continued on picking up this year as well.

Edit: One other thing that comes to mind that I forgot to mention in my original post is that last year KoW eventually posted a lot (or maybe even all) of the stops on youtube in addition to them being played on NBC Sports.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-30-2013, 12:45 AM Reply   
hi jarrod,

yeah Harleys run was good but the fall did hurt him, you watched all the runs. who else watched the runs