Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
Not sure if this had been posted, I hadn't seen it. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/sports/082809_Hometown_girl_is_a_wakeboard_champ
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-02-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
That girl sure has guts! I tore up my knee doing a raley in 2003 and didn't try another one until early this year. I don't plan on trying another one either. I can't even imagine the nerves it takes to throw a trick again that caused you 9 spiral fractures in your femur. Tough girl.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-02-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
Dallas Rocks
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-02-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, she rocks for sure on a wakeboard!

Friends of mine were seated at her table for the Supra Dinner of Champions & were stoked to get to hang with her. Unfortunately, she decided to sit somewhere else and leave them pro-less at their table. I love watching her ride, but that was so not cool!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I am glad I don't have a daughter who might want to look up to her. I was at that table at the Supra Dinner after Worlds. All the other pros were at their tables to greet the guests except her. Since she was late, we had left one seat for her and she shows up with her BF. She sat down in seats that were taken but the people were getting drinks. I told her those seats were taken and she said well my boyfriend needs to sit with me. Another family at our table gave up their seats but she was already pissed off and left. She may be a good rider but she is CLASSLESS. What a poor example she is to young women riders.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Yeah it's kinda sad. Hard to drum into kids that everything is reciprocal. They give you this, and in turn they expect.........
A lot of athletes seem to think that their sponsors just give them stuff because they like them?

This is in no way directed at Dallas just a general observation that the bigger some athletes get in a sport the more they seem to forget what got them there.

Like their parents for starters. Lol
Old     (mcvols)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 6:59 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about the negatives with Dallas. We were at the Masters awards ceremony back in May, and she was at the table next to us (open seating). She signed autographs and took pictures with my daughter and her friend, and even mentioned remembering them from the beach, when she was done with her run that day.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
So true Chris..
Jay..I suppose if everything is going her way she doesn't act like a spoiled brat.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-03-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
now, now, now, everybody is entitled to a bad day. I have been with Dallas countless times when she was not having the best days and she always has put forth her best to please her fans. She has stopped what she was doing after not having a great ride and signed countless autographs for her fans young and old alike. I am not saying this did not happen, I just think that we don't know what transpired prior to the dinner.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
You are right, Robyn...we have no idea what transpired prior to the dinner. All we do know is this was an exception to "putting forth her best effort to please her fans." If I was one of her sponsors, I wouldn't be too happy about it either.

As I said, I love watching her ride. I am very happy for her that she has put the demons behind her and had a banner year! I will continue to be a fan of her riding, just not the behavior witnessed.

Chris - I can't begin to imagine all you have sacrificed to give Nicola the opportunities she has been presented. Her own signature board this year looks awesome, and I look forward to seeing her pushing the ladies group next year!
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-03-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
if sponsers were not happy then they should have organised a seat for her boyfriend.

giver Dallas a break.

any chance to diss a pro rider here on ww.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Robyn...you weren't there. This is the second personal encounter with her and they were both the same. None of you were there so you have no idea what transpired. I am the last one to "diss" a " pro rider...but her attitude was not "pro" .

Over and out...............

(Message edited by rnopr8 on September 03, 2009)

(Message edited by rnopr8 on September 03, 2009)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-03-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
You are right Geri, I wasn't there, but just know this, if YOU were the person in question, I would be standing up for you too!!YOU sister friend, would have your reason for acting this way. I have seen people in their bad days and love them just the same.Everybody is entitled to their bad days withoug having it reported on wakeworld! (sorry Dave!) And Geri, you KNOW I love you!
Old     (dallasjfriday)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
When I got to the Dinner of Champions table and there wasn't a seat for my guest, I simply went to the organizers and asked them about a seat for him and they told me to go sit at Sovens table. I told them I didn't want to hurt or disappoint the people at my table and they said they would explain and go eat dinner at the other table. I did not storm off mad, just went to check and see about a seat for my guest so we could eat dinner. I am sorry SoCalM.O.B. if you or anyone at that table interpreted the situation in the way you did.

Chris- I understand what you are saying about people expecting everything to be given to them -but I expect nothing. I am humbled and grateful for everything I have and will never forget that everything I have comes from above and in every acceptance speech for an award I always thank the 3 people who mean the most to me- God, my Family, and the Fans. I take the responsibility of the girls that do look up to me to heart. My sponsors and anyone who knows me knows I would never storm off mad at an event like this.

SoCalM.O.B. I would like to invite you to my house for a day of riding so you can get to know me and me you. I live on the best wakeboard lake and have the greatest boat with a killer wake...Good Times!

With all that being said, on a personal note, many of you know my 24 year old brother Chad. We learned the week of Worlds he has stage 4 cancer. My brother could not come to Worlds because he had surgery but told me to go win Worlds for him. It meant alot to me to win Worlds and I dedicate the win to my brother Chad. Please pray for my brother as he begins chemo this month and I know God hears and answers prayers and can heal my brother of this terrible disease.

Thank you,
~Dallas
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
^ Agreed, I stopped by your place one day with Will Christien while they filmed for voda tramp boards and I can say you're one of the nicest people I met while I was in Florida... I wasn't there long, but long enough to learn you seem super nice and hate cockroaches
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
will be praying for your brother, you and the whole family
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
Oh my - The Woman has spoketh. Nice to see you back on the podium, Miss Friday, rather than fading away as many a pro do these days. I hope the best for your brother - never saw him ride but remember hearing about him trying 10's off cable kickers or something so I assume he was also talented standing sideways.

On another note - I think I am about to go start a thread trashing Aaron Rathy and how he refused to sign my chest at the Knoxville tour stop. Will this get me an invite to go ride with him for a day?

(Message edited by focker on September 04, 2009)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Praying for your brother Dallas. My wife just started her radiation treatment for breast cancer after 4 months of chemo. He has a rough road in front of him, but Lord willing he will make it through.

Congrats on everything you do. I can't imagine the pressure on pro athletes to perform 24/7. Good luck!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Dallas, I was not talking about you. I know how hard you worked this year and I respect you for it.I am disliked enough on here. I am not insane.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
This thread got sad real quick. Way to air your dirty laundry in public instead of sending Dallas an email personally. Personal character accusations over 20 minutes of eating, when you are already riding the best boats and boards and are in a room full of pros. Poor you.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-04-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
lol, David! Good one!

Dallas - I am sorry to hear about your brother! It would appear that the breakdown in communication occurred when the organizers failed to address the people sitting at your table. Perhaps not leaving it to them in the future is a learning; and for me or anyone else at the table...should have just asked you directly why you didn't sit with the people who chose it because of who the pro assigned was.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! It is appreciated! I apologize & will make a point to do so in person, which will likely be Wake Games next year at this point. (Unless, of course, I can come ride at your house too!) ;-D

Congrats on Q of W and a stellar 2009; I will continue to enjoy watching you push the level of the Women's riding!

Thanks!

Kat
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-04-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
SoCalM.O.B. I would like to invite you to my house for a day of riding so you can get to know me and me you. I live on the best wakeboard lake and have the greatest boat with a killer wake...Good Times!

I just remembered, I don't like you either.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-04-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am kind of sorry for even originally posting this video now. I just thought it was a good watch.

imo, Wakeworld doesn't need to become a place Pro's have to come and clarify things.
Old     (gina_h)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-04-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
So sorry to hear about that Dallas. We'll be praying for your brother, you, and your family.
It's so great to see you back riding this year at 110% after injuries--know how hard you must have worked to get there!!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-04-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
Interesting thread. I rode with SoCal and her son a year or so ago and was quite impressed with her personality. She is a very gracious person with a passion for our sport. I am very interested to see how all this works out.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
Brett...Thanks...I am still the same person with the same personality and passion for our sport or I would not have worked so hard to get the Masters Women division started last year. And you were a totally gracious, generous guest to my son and I. We had a blast!!!

There is a lot of negative things said on this site and I am sorry I contributed to it...I am a positive person by nature and try to be an encouragement to women riders of all levels and ages. I was only stating the facts of what happened. I was very disappointed this happened.
Robyn...you will ALWAYS be my sister...no one or nothing can change that...and love you too.

Dallas...I am stoked you won the Q of W. You have definitely had a great come back of which I can appreciate (I had a rod in my tibia) And like Kat, I look forward to seeing you push the level for women's riding. Glad to see you nail the whirley again.

(Message edited by rnopr8 on September 04, 2009)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
John....pretty funny...you figured out my MO!!

FYI to everyone....I e-mailed Dallas and told her I was sorry for being so harsh and negative in a public forum...it is not my nature.
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-05-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
This post hit me hard because I know and have ridden with some of the people involved, and hate to see all this negativity about such wonderful people.

For Dallas: She is, hands down, my favorite rider to watch because she hits huge tricks with such athority, and goes big on everything. I am a PT so I also know how difficult it was to come back from an injury as severe as hers, not to mention the complications she had with it. And the level of competition she has come back to makes it even more amazing. Congrats!
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Someone close to me also had metastatic cancer at about that same age and I know the struggles he went through. But he is doing great now, so it IS possible to recover from that late stage and get back to the business of having fun and living life. My thoughts are with you all.
I have never met you, but I have heard only good things from my friends that have. So I will base my judgements on those positives until I hopefully meet you in person at some point. ;-)

For Geri: I do personally know Geri, and have ridden with her and hung out socially with her. I know she is a warm, caring, generous, fun, positive person, and has always been nothing but wonderful to me. I also love watching her ride because she is determined, and hasn't let injury or not being a young whippersnapper stand in her way of going big, going for new tricks, and generally kicking butt on the wake! I have nothing but respect and love for ya girl!

Everyone has good and bad days. Every one does good and bad things sometimes. Even on our best days we don't always respond or react to situations in a perfect manner. We are all human. Sometimes we are the ones who DO the wrong things, sometimes we are the ones that REACT the wrong way to something someone else does, and sometimes we may MISINTERPRET situations. Sometimes our reactions to situations are SPOT ON and we have the right to be annoyed by others actions. Sometimes they have the right to be ANNOYED with us. We have all been on every side of this.
The situation is never made better by jumping on the bandwagon and continuing the negativity. This is something that has become very common on WW, and is really no good for anyone. I am quite sure that everyone involved has forgivin each other, so lets let it rest.

My suggestion is that we just END THIS THREAD NOW. STOP POSTING ON IT so that no one else will think badly about anyone who has posted on here. We are all good people and are on WW to talk about wakeboarding and make new FRIENDS, not enemies.
If you would like to continue to support Dallas and her family, or talk about something not related to the negative parts of this thread, PLEASE START A NEW THREAD. Lets let this one slip down to the WW archives please.