Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    mmj420            01-07-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
hey, just surfin ebay with some christmas cash in pocket and saw Gator Board harris model, slightly used....buy it now price of $290......does anybody know how much a brand new one is?....it is garunteed "like new" ...

tell me what you think
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-07-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
I think retail on the Harris is around $400. I paid $300 for mine thru a local hookup. I can promise that you will not be disappointed in this board.
Old    maverick_gear            01-07-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
ya that board is awesome! did you guys see randys new binding? aren't they weird....
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
the Harris board is awesome. i rode one and now im a believer. im thinking about getting rid of my parks for one. anyone willing to trade or sell?

his new CD bindings look sick. literally. im sure they are VERY secure to say the least. are they designed NOT to come off?
Old    bross            01-07-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Has anyone rode any other gator boards...ie Gonzales or the Mary Jane? How does the Harris board ride?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
brian,
the Harris board reminds alot like the parks board with the exception it is lighter and easier to initiate turns with. i guess that is due to its low swing weight. it is the best board i have ever rode.

Maverick,
where can i get a Lexy 130 for my girlfriend?
Old    bross            01-07-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Where do you live? If you are close to Utah you can call Wasatch Marine at 801-288-2602 and ask for Scott.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   

Brain I just started riden the Savage board from Gator removing the center fin and she rides sweet.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-07-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
I've ridden the Ricky G board as well (demo'd for a month along with the Harris) and I liked the board a lot. It rides a lot like an 03 Premier but is much faster and lighter. Take the center fins out and it rides so loose I couldn't ride it.
Great board but I liked the Harris better
Old    bross            01-07-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
Zach,

Right now I ride a 140 Premier with Byrely bindings. I want a board that has a consistant pop like the Premier, but that cuts faster into the wake. People have told me to check out the Gonzales but I have never demo'd it and it makes me nervous to buy it. I also want a pair of the new Temet bindings to put with it. Does the Gonzales sound like a good board for me? How does the board respond with the center fin in?
Old    maverick_gear            01-07-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
I have all the GB boards and my favorites are the Ricky and Randy, the Ricky is a better version of an ERA or 03'premier, its lighter faster and more predictable and it is especially awesome with no center fin, the Randy is just fun its a bit bigger feeling but it has a good landing and huge pop and good cut, as far as a lexi goes i can think a few places, where do you live?
Old    bross            01-07-2004, 8:50 PM Reply   
Thanks Maverick. I think I will go ahead and get the Gonazles board. Sounds like its a fun board.
Old    maverick_gear            01-07-2004, 9:48 PM Reply   
ya you'll love it, im selling my gonzalez and harris's if anyones interested e-mail me.
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-07-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
I've ridden most of the Gator boards and pretty much all of them are sweet. My personal favorite, as with most is the Gonzalez. This board rocks. I've also ridden the Harris, Savage, Phantom, Pickett, Baller, and Sinister. I would have to say all of them but the Baller, which was a little slow in my opinion, and not so much the Harris because it wasn't very loose. But needless to say I still liked them. GB is the way to go.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-08-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
Hey Mark I have a 04 Harris I will ship to your door for 290.00 it is brand spankin new.
ITCH
GB
Old    bross            01-08-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Maverick,

If you love your Gonzales board, why are you selling it?
Old    maverick_gear            01-08-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
cause its got some little scratches and stuff on it and my boards need to be perfect when i show my shops. ill still be riding the Ricky fo sho