Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                11-17-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
i got my regular crow easily and its very consistant i land it every time but i cant find the natural rotation when i try it switch i cant even get it all the way around..... help??
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-17-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
got any video? its difficult to see what you might be doing - how good at normal ts switch jumps are you? any other ts switch stuff you can do?

and when you say you can't get it all the way around, do you mean the flip or the 180?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-19-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
Well some people say, its the same rotation as a frontflip, so they come in switch, do the 180 in what feels like a hs front. If that makes any sense.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-19-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
it would seem the key would be feeling comfortable hitting the wake switch ts, which is a difficult thing to do (tho kristian im sure you're much better at evaluating this than i). if you can't properly leave the wake switch ts then you're going to be hucking the trick at best.

because i like to ride switch a lot and can clear the wake switch ts, i've had people suggest i try some switch ts tricks (like a crow). partially i found this ridiculous as i have never even attempted a regular crow! but also because i know im not comfortable enough yet with my technique with simply a ts jump switch.

all this to say, most likely the problem is in the approach, not the air technique. tho i like your suggestion kristian. i often see crows that look more like front flips because the 180 is done so early on.
Old                03-24-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
I was having the same problem. Your form has to be perfect. You need to concentrate on keeping your back up and handle in. And don't try and throw the trick early. The hardest part of the trick is feeling comfortable. If you don't have luck with this one, I would say try a half-cab roll.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2004, 12:37 AM Reply   
C-Stack: Switch toeside is hard! Its good you got that down. I can't clear the wake on a straight toeide jump, I can do switch toeside 3's and switch toeside backside 180's every now and then, but can't do a straight jump, I'm funny like that.

(Message edited by kristian on March 27, 2004)
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-27-2004, 12:54 AM Reply   
lol! you are a nut. :-)