Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-19-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
Hey just getting my girl into wakeboarding
she's definitely a cruiser and she has a choice of these two boards
any thoughts??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-19-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
have her ride both. whichever one she likes best (falls the least on ), get that!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-19-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
Yeah I thought of that only she wants it for next week and ummm can't ride yet so theres a bit of guess work involved.

from looking at them the state looks like it would track better as the moulded fins are deeper but the rockers more aggresive (2.6) subtle 3stage

evo it says is a forgiving board and has continuous rocker.
rocker
Old    jositox27            12-19-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
If she is just begining a continuous rocker is better than a agresive 3 stage rocker ;0
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-20-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
I didn't like the EVO 143 I tried at all. It didn't carve at all and wasn't much fun to ride. Love my Balance 144, don't know about the State. I'd suggest something that is more fun for freeriding and carving for a girl. My wife goes big but has more fun carving the wake and is more stylish than any guy I ever saw-guess I'm a little biased.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-20-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
I rode the EVO and really didn't like it at all-didn't carve at all and wasn't fun for freeriding, like my Balance much better. For a girl, I'd recommend the State or another board with good freeriding characteristics, LF Balance, Trip, etc. My wife and girls I see seem to enjoy the wake and carving more than a lot of guys, so if you want her to just have fun, skip the EVO.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-23-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
I'd say the EVO, because molded fins are money & that shape is fun as hell. you could ride it too & it's a fun ride. Also check out the CWB Lotus, it's a retooling of the CWB Tattoo, with a new top sheet & slight adjustment to the bottom design. It has deep molded fins & a sick ride. Good luck.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-23-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
I had good luck starting girls on a evo 134. fun, easy to learn shape. never ridden or seen a girl ride the state. Evo is just a straight forward design and a smooth ride. and evo's have been around for a few years, a little more established.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-24-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
Go with the CWB lotus.. great begining girls board!!
Old    slidervinny            12-27-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
neather ,its the gb mary jane or the gonzalez 132.
Old    cheekydevil69            01-04-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
juz to off-track a li'l... wld anyone recommend the Hyperlite 3DS 135 or Liquidforce Angel 134 for a girl that's currently working on wake-to-wake jumps?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-04-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Crystal - I would recommend the Hyperlite Divine (Motive) or the State over the 3ds, for a girl starting out. Both boards will have a little more consistent pop, than the 3ds, and will be a lot more forgiving. Where as the 3ds will buck you a little more off the wake, it will be quicker edge to edge, and feel a lot more locked into the water due to the fin configuration.
Old    cheekydevil69            01-05-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thks loads 4 ur input Shawn. I tried the divine but din really like the feel of it...seems almost too girly haha. I'm pretty much an agressive rider so I guess its between the state or the 3DS for me. However my dealer here isnt bringing in the 3DS so I cant demo it...but ive used the TFD before so tts a pretty close bet rite? Wats ur take on the LF Angel btw? It seems much lighter hence able to achieve that much desired air?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-05-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
To be honest I know nothing about the Liquid Force board.

I've only been riding Hyperlite for the last 5 or so years, because the local So Cal rep and Wakesports give me unbelievable deals on them. Give the State a try I have only heard good things about from the locals that are riding them. I just picked up a 135 3ds, but have yet to ride it. I can't wait till it warms up a bit so I can really enjoy it.