Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-09-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
just saw that Shota has made the jump to Ronix.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-09-2012, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
just saw that Shota has made the jump to Ronix.
i kept kinda hoping to see him on obrien... only because of coaching from sean o'brien that is

Ronix will be sweet though. LF has enough talent in every age level. Shota ought to be a great addition for ronix especially for the younger riders. he will shine more out of the lime light of harley on LF

CONGRATS!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-09-2012, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
LF has enough talent in every age level.
They've had the best team in the industry for awhile now, but they are getting pillaged. DP and Shota are huge losses that will hurt them for years to come.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-09-2012, 10:16 PM Reply   
YEEAHHHH SHOTA!!! With all these signings, I was hoping Ronix would pick up a young gun! That's so awesome!! Can't wait to see what board he's on and more new footage!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-09-2012, 11:50 PM Reply   
O... Brien, how could you let this one slip through your fingers??
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       04-10-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
He's going to be a great addition to the team. A little more tech to add to all the big style on Ronix.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-10-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
I personally dont mind that LF is getting pillaged. They're a huge team and a huge company (relative to the wake industry), and I like to see the little guys get the good stuff. Congrats to both Shota and Ronix, the best of luck to both.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-10-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
O... Brien, how could you let this one slip through your fingers??
What makes you think O'brien would ever have a shot at a talent like Shota? They put zero effort into marketing and growing their brand. Their product is sick, but their image is ****.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
What makes you think O'brien would ever have a shot at a talent like Shota? They put zero effort into marketing and growing their brand. Their product is sick, but their image is ****.
So sad. . . And yet its pretty much true too
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
Good call for Ronix. Shota is F-ing badass. The kid has springs in his legs.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-11-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
I was a little surpassed at him riding the Parks board. Thought he'd be on the Bill, One, or Mana.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-11-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
I was a little surpassed at him riding the Parks board. Thought he'd be on the Bill, One, or Mana.
How do you know this? Is there an article? I really wanna see a vid. But ya, I'd picture him on the Bill or the One.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
just read the article on the front page it states that he will be riding the Parks board all year long
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-11-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Front page of what? I don't see it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-11-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Front page of what?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-11-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
The article wouldn't come up for me. Just a blank page. Worked after about 5 refreshes.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-11-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
They've had the best team in the industry for awhile now, but they are getting pillaged. DP and Shota are huge losses that will hurt them for years to come.
Ronix is owned by obrien. LF Hyperlite CWB are all owned by the same corporation.
Old     (Rob720)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-11-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
^ hahaha, no sir that is entirely untrue
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-11-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
Ronix is owned by Herb and Paul O'Brien (along with others), but it has nothing to do with the company called O'Brien (even though Herb originally started that company waaaay back in the day).
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-11-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
this^

Here's how it is:

Kent Watersports is an umbrella company that owns LF, O'brien, Hyperlite, Byerly, CWB, and HO

Ronix/Radar are on their own, as are Slingshot, CTRL, etc.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-11-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
this^

Here's how it is:

Kent Watersports is an umbrella company that owns LF, O'brien, Hyperlite, Byerly, CWB, and HO

Ronix/Radar are on their own, as are Slingshot, CTRL, etc.
Kent Sports=Bob Archer????

One of the cooles things about Square One(Ronix/Radar) is that a lot of the people within the company including some of the riders(at least the original one's that came over from Hyperlite) have ownership stake in the company. If you hang out with many of their peeps you can see how much they love the company, industry and making the newest and best products in board sports. Great Company and great people.

Last edited by polarbill; 04-11-2012 at 4:14 PM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-12-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
Yes, Kent is Bob Archer. Also, I just watched that new Tony Iacconi video, and I guess he jumped ship from LF to CWB as well.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-12-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
yeah all huge losses for LF.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-12-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, Kent is Bob Archer. Also, I just watched that new Tony Iacconi video, and I guess he jumped ship from LF to CWB as well.
How do we know that these moves are not forced? to promote sales in a different company and have a different style of board in the line up
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-12-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
How do we know that these moves are not forced? to promote sales in a different company and have a different style of board in the line up
Ya, that's definitely possible in the case of Tony and Daniel.