Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
I think so
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-25-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
Well at least your board fared worse than you. I would have been there to see it in person, but Sunday a week ago I stepped on a piece of broken glass and ended up with a 3" slice on the bottom of my foot. It's healing fine so I should be ready to hit it by next weekend.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
I know, right? my deck was already cracked when I went for the blindjudge. I like doing the biggest melon glide late fs180s off the incline kicker and my board doesn't like em as much lol. I'm sorry about your foot the same thing happened to me at shanes birthday the other weekend in clearlake
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
Nice board, though. Too bad.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-27-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
Would have loved to have seen that from the side view Norb... u got stacked LOL

Think Toddy still has you beat tho haha

Last edited by Luker; 04-27-2011 at 7:10 AM.
Old     (BCMWAKE61209)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2011, 9:43 PM Reply   
todds fall on the a frame last year was pretty crucial.........and so is this one. I was like "where did he go?" haha
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-30-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Norbi this is absolutely awesome as usual - love the style, music is great, keep it up. This needs to be your job. I think you're ready dude. Go pro early .

Great clip.

BUT.

It's hard to see the crash, did he fall sort of toeside, coming casually to regular stance in a surface 180?
I tested a pair of closed toe boots last year, and fell on a little stupid dancy blind 180, off the wake into the curl + wash. I decided it was time to pull the board around back to my regular stance.

The toeside edge of the board caught the water.

I fell face first, eyes open, cheapshot belly spash into the far right of the right-side wake, in the hard "trough" that folks say about the Super Air Nautique 210. The Super Sport Escalade. You know the one. People are right. Falling there sucked.

Both legs momentarily separated/dislocated from my hip. I swear to God they did. Doctors thought so too. Both, pulled out of those socket and immediately popped back in when I came to rest. The board broke. It scared the snot out of me. I thought I was fine but the next morning when I couldn't stand up - Emergency Room. Wickedly bruised hip. Blammo. And my fall looked EXACTLY like what you put there.

This is why I can't endorse closed to bindings. I had a really serious scare and I don't see it spoken about. Tab?
Scared the piss out of me.

Sorry to go off topic. The video is fantastic.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-30-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
Durrr. Sorry dude.

I didn't realize it's you riding. What the heck? So who films when you ride?

I presume it's all you on the editing side.

Nice riding BTW.
On that fall, when you broke the board...
1) Is it a flex board.
2) Did you you suffer any leg/hip pain?
3) Did you pop out of those boots? The new snowboard influenced Hyperlites?

^^^ Up there I said "tab" and meant TABOO ^^^

Last edited by juniorhawk; 04-30-2011 at 12:18 PM.