Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-16-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Ok, I got Greg Hodgin to send me some information on Wake The World. I am thinking about doing something like this in Alabama. I would like to try to do this next year so I will have time to arrange all of this and see exactly what we would need. I am currently building a place at Smith Lake and would like to try and do this there. I have also spoken with my church who helps and does work with the Kings Ranch and some local foster homes around Birmingham and they are more than willing to help us put this together too. So I am trying to see how many people on this board are in Alabama and would be willing to bring their boat to help out. Also if anyone knows of board shops that I might can contact to see if they are willing to donate anything that would be great. If I am able to I would like to try to attend one of Greg's events to see how he puts everything together too. I think this is a wonderful idea and think we should all step up and do something these kids would remember for the rest of their lives. If interested you can either contact me through my email or send me a message on here. Thanks

Email- sidetracked3@yahoo.com
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-16-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
Nice bro... Hit me up with ideas and details on what you're plans are. ALWake.com would love to be apart and help out out in anyway possible.
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-16-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
Sounds awesome! Im from Guntersville, AL and we can always round up a pretty good group to come. I would go ahead and guarantee use of my boat, but at the moment i am in between boats. As for board shops I am not too sure of any in North AL other than Rambo Marine. EDIT: WakeFactory.net and Pirates Cove Marine (close to AL in Winchester, TN) are two places that might like to get involved

Last edited by the_fish; 04-16-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-16-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Right now I am trying to figure out about how many boats we could get to come first. That way I can figure out how many kids we could take out. I figure 4-5 kids per boat depending on size. Then we would need another adult to help supervise on each boat. We will also need different size wakeboards and and ski's for them to use. And probably some tubes too. Once we get a ballpark on how many boats then we can get together and see what kind of equipment we have.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
I got a crew with three boats at Smith (2 SAN's, 1 VLX). Not sure what Wake the World is, but keep me informed and we will try to help out.
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-16-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
I am one of those SAN's Hayes is talking about. Count me in if you need me. We both live in Cullman. We don't ride Smith so if you are around and want to check out our spot shoot me a message.
Old     (ldeisel42)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-16-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
I live in Mississppi, but only a couple of hours for Smith and would love to help out...there are four boats in my crew (23 xti, axis, outback v, and Centurion air warrior elite) I fell confident they would all be glad to help out....
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-09-2010, 8:48 AM Reply   
Heath, you are close enough to us that we could bring a couple of boats with us from NC and help out. We love doing this and it is a blast for everyone involved.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-09-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
I've got a small boat so prob not the best choice, but I'm up to help out as a spotter or whatevers needed
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       05-10-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
I would be willing to help out with this and I will add my boat for use if needed. ('03 SANTE) Any excuse to get back to Smith Lake.

BTW - Here is the link to WTW I found to help others like myself who have never heard of it before. http://waketheworldnc.com/
Old     (BustedKnuckleFilms)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Count Busted Knuckle Films and our 93 Sport Nautique in. Would love to help promote this if we can be of any help.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-10-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
I just got off the phone with King's Ranch. They seem VERY interested in helping us put this together for next year. They said they will call all the local childrens homes in the area and see how many kids would be interested in this and get back with me. She seemed very excited. So once we can get an idea of how many kids we will have we can see about how many boats will be needed. We will also need volunteers just to help organize and help out too. Each boat will need a spotter that has some wakeboard experience that can help teach the kids how to do this. I will keep everyone updated with any information I get. We might also need a better location on Smith Lake to do this depending on how big it gets. We might have to do this at a public park or something so everyone has a place to launch and so we will have more room for everyone. I am gettig more and more people that are very interested in helping us out. This could have the makings to become a great event. Thanks for all the interest.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-10-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
might need to look at doing it at the ramp near the dam. Isnt that where they had the wakeboard contest last year?
Old     (swancer)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-10-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
I am a frequent reader on WW but rarely post. This is something that I think is awesome and I would love to help out with. I have a 05 SANTE and would love to participate. I could possibly gather a few other boats as well. Familiar with Smith and have some contacts with local wake shops in Birmingham area. Please keep us in the loop as this is an awesome venture.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-10-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
Anyone that is really interested in volunteering can you please send me an email with your name, number, what kind of boat you have, what kind of equipment you have, or if you know anyone willing to Volunteer their help. If anyone has any contacts at local shops that could donate equipment or time would help also. I know we will need gear for the smaller kids which I do not have much of. So anything you can think of to help would be great. Thanks
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-10-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
Usually a couple of sizes of wakeboards per boat work pretty good. You may want a few really large or really small boards around in case you need them. Jackets are the main issue.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-11-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Heath, what date / dates are you thinking?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-11-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Well it depends on when I can get approval from kings ranch or another organization. The biggest issue will be the liability. I am still waiting to hear back from kings ranch about that. If anyone else has any ideas feel free to check into it. I would appreciate any help. I am new at this so it might move slow at first.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-12-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
Have you tried to contact the guy in NC thats ran them the last few years? I bet he could provide tons of insight into the details of stuff like that.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-12-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
Chris that would be Greg Hodgin ^^^^^^
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-12-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
I am already talking with him. I have already taken off work and plan on going up to his event to help out and see how it all works. He is a great guy and is really excited about helping us get started. His event is June 21st and 22. He actually has a guy coming from Ohio and Texas that are trying to get started and we are all going to stay together so we can ask questions and get to know each other. Greg has arranged for all of this for us. I would love to be able to get something put together for this year if I can but not sure if that will work out or not just yet. But maybe I can by the end of the summer. Again, if anyone has any contacts with local children's homes that can get the ball rolling that would help me out so much.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-12-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Cool! Didnt realize that was Greg, I scanned the NC website and the name didnt click.

I'm out of suggestions for the time being as you guys seem to have a good handle on things. Let me know when and where and I'll do what I can to help.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-12-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Heath my fiance and I will be out here on the 21st. with my boat. It will be our first time helping out, we're really excited.
We did the wake and flake to help raise money and that was a blast.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-12-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
I talked with my friends that live in Coker. They are very excited to help out.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-12-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Great Blair, make sure you try and find me so we can meet. Would love to have you and your fiance come help us out too. Looking forward to meeting you and helping out with this event.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-25-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Well I have some great news. I have heard back from Big Oaks Ranch and they are very excited about this. They said they have 40 girls and 45 boys they could send out to our event. I told him I was not sure if we could handle that many kids this year and he said they will work with us any way they can. So it looks like this is starting to take some shape. I need everyone that wants to volunteer their boat or time to post up your name and a way to contact you so I can get a list started to see how many kids we will be able to get out. You can either post on here or email me at sidetracked3@yahoo.com.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-26-2010, 10:38 PM Reply   
I will pull my boat from NC to help! I may find another friend or two willing to make the road trip also, and bring their boats. Keep us posted!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-26-2010, 10:45 PM Reply   
Heath, If you take the girls one day and the guys another, you can get by with as few as six boats, eight would be great. 85 is a lot in one day.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-27-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
We are going to split them up in two days. I told him its up to him how they want to do it. I hope we will have the time to do it this year. My next concern is raising the money for food and drinks for all of them. I think my church might be able to help us out. I also have to find a good place to hold the event. We have a few public parks around Smith lake I think we could use. I just have to check in to them.
Old     (swancer)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-27-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Heath, let us help you with some of the leg work. Call me next week to discuss what I can do to help. I would love to take some of the burden off your back.

If each boat donated enough drinks and burgers, beans etc for their riders then that would cover the food. As far as a location goes, we could always find a state park or use Ryan Creek or something. Maybe Big Oak Ranch would send some folks along that would be willing to cook the donated food.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-27-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
That would be great. I will take all the help I can get. I think if we could find a state park to do it at or possibly at the dam that would be better. I am a little upset with Ryan Creek right now. I was told they held a wakeboard event at the dam so it might be big enough for this event. Plus Ryan Creek does not really have a big enough area to handle that many people. I will try to get down to the dam and check it out asap. We are closing on our lake house Friday and will be moving our stuff in over the weekend so after we get settled I will have a little more time. If you have time to scout out some places that would be great too.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-27-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
I found the Big Oak website and read the history.....WOW! That part about the girls home brought me to tears. I am so glad that you are partnering with them, I think that this event will become a new part of their history.
I went to the lake today and I brought along a 13 year old boy that used to stay at one of the Homes we help. He & his sister have been adopted by a family at our church. It is great to see these kids progress through the years. Here is the link to Big Oak...
http://www.bigoak.org/history.asp
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-28-2010, 4:48 AM Reply   
Heath, Liek I said before, I'd be glad to help as a spotter / chaperone in one of the boats or however else you can use me. Put me on your email list for when you get details.

cbgilliland at charter dot net
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
sent you a message with my contact info. Count my boat in
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-31-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Hope it didn't rain on you too much while you were moving in. How far is your house from the lake house?
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-31-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
Maybe he got it done during the dry times. We got a good storm yesterday but it only lasted about 2 hours.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-01-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
We got washed out after 2PM.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Well we managed ok. We finally got moved in b/w the storms. Most of the big stuff did not get delivered till Monday. We did not get much lake time in though. I got a few pulls and pulled my little boy on the tube a little. I will post some pictures soon.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-01-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
Heath I rode down to Silverrock looking for your boat and didnt see you. Glad you got t ohave a little fun at least becasue I know what a pain moving in can be.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Well I did not have it down there till Sunday. But if you see it stop by
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-06-2010, 5:38 AM Reply   
Any luck on finding a site?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-06-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
Not yet, I have been busy getting everything moved in and settled. I hope I will have time next week when we will be down there a little longer. Someone I think on here offered some help but I lost her email and number. I have heard they put on a wakeboard event at the dam so I want to check out that location. Also I know there is a state park at the other end of the lake. If anyone has any other locations I can check out please let me know.
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-06-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
The dam would not be a terrible location. The negative would be that there really isn't anywhere to hide from a crowd or wind. Its pretty much just all the main body right there. Smith lake park on the cullman side is kinda the same thing. If you go to the other side around clear creek park you will find great water with a nice place and great facilities. Only negative there is that they have no boat docks. Duncan bridge may not be a bad Idea. They have a beach to hang out on and there is a couple places to go for good water in both directions. Ryans creek would be about the same as Duncan minus the beach hang out area. Shoot me an email with some contact numbers and I will give you a call if you wanna talk about it. I have been all over Smith.
Old     (luckydog83)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-16-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Hi, we're Greg's friends that live in Coker, AL. Don't know that we'll have our boat running by the time you have this ready to launch, but we will be happy to volunteer in any way we can! Please let us know when you get details, or need help doing anything! I have a friend who recently moved to Smith Lake, I'll ask her if she has any ideas for locations too!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-16-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
Hey Tracy! Welcome aboard!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-17-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
That would be great Tracy, right now we need to start looking at locations. Duncan bridge might be a good location since they have a beach to hang out on. The problem with Ryan creek is that thee is no place for the kids to really hang out at b/w boat riding. They have a little deck to sit and eat on but we would need a spot for the kids to play during down time. When I get back from N.C I will start scouting out some of these places. but if anyone else can get out there and check them out and possibly take some pictures to get us started that would be great. We will also need some sponsors if anyone knows anyone that can help. Maybe with food ,drinks or something like goody bags for the kids to take home. I might have someone that can talk to the people at Fullmoon BBQ to see if they might want to help out. If not we will probably have to do hotdogs and hamburgers for all of them. that would be the easiest thing to cook. Right now I think July 31st weekend might be our best shot. Thats what I am going to shoot for if I can.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-18-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
After you see how little "down time " there is, you will see that a beach area is not really necessary. While they are on shore, it's eating and games then right back on the boat.

Lois & I bought ribeyes today for Saturday night. Don't forget to bring your board so we can ride on Sunday!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-18-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
Well crap, my board is on my boat at the lake. I might just have to watch. Not sure I want to go an hour out of the way to grab my board. I didn't even think to grab it.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-19-2010, 9:09 PM Reply   
We have plenty of boards. Hopefully you will find something you like. Can't for for us to ride on Sunday with the other WTW volunteers at our secret spot!!
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Ok, I do not even know where to begin. First off, a BIG thanks to Greg for having me up for his event. He is one of the greatest guys I have ever met. Has a WONDERFUL family. I got up there Saturday evening and was able to have dinner with him and his family. Got up the next morning and went to church with Greg's family and met some more great people. We had lunch then went out to meet Tim/Ohio, Ryan/Texas, Allen/Virginia with his family and Eddie with his son from N.C. who is an Awesome wakeboarder. Also props to Greg and Allen who are also amazing wakeboarders. Me and Ryan took home the trophy's for best faceplants. So after a long day of riding in Greg's secret spot we had dinner and headed to the lake house Greg got for us to stay in which was a very nice place. We stayed up till 2:30 a.m just hanging out and talking. The next morning we got started about 7:30 and headed to the marina to start setting everything up. We had a meeting with the boat drivers before the kids got there. We had some amazing boats show up for this event. The kids started to arrive aroun 930 and we split everyone up in the boats and headed out. It was an amazing day and everyone seemed to have a great time. They had a local restraunt donate steaks and potatoes for everyone. All of the kids loved it. They do not get to have steak very often. After a wonderful 1st day and everything was cleaned up and everyone had left, Greg, Allen, Ryan, Chris(Marina manager) and I went out for a late session. Again, Greg and Allen are really good. They gave me and Ryan some good pointers for what we need to work on in the future. Then Chris tried wakeboarding for his first time and did really well. And I have to say I loved the wake on Allen's Mastercraft. That boat is amazing. So after we were done and towed some stranded boaters home we headed back to the lake house where again we stayed up late swapping stories. Got up the next morning for another fun filled day with the kids. I ended up having to leave early so I could get home at a decent hour. It was about an 8 hour drive for me so I stayed and helped set things back up and watched the next group of kids head out on the water. Greg later told me a 19 year old kid showed up late so he took him out by himself and he ended up learning how to knee board, waksurf and wakeboard all int a few hours. (Greg is a GREAT teacher). He even learned to do some 360's. And again, I want to thank Greg fo letting be apart of this great event and it has really touched my life and made some great memories. I really cnt wait to get this started in Alabama. And I am telling you now from experience, you will never forget the smiles on these kids faces. Some of them I met had never even been on a boat before. You will be amazed at something we get to do all of the time means so much to these kids for just one or two days out of our lives. Thanks for all of the great memories Greg and I hope to make more soon here in Alabama. Pictures will be posted soon.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
After experiencing it first hand, I think you can understand why I am so passionate about it. Every year seems to top the year before. Some of the most exhilarating moments for me were on the last day at 3:30 when I ran up with James (from The American Children's Home) who just arrived because he had been working.
"Hey James are ready to go hit the water?"
"Yes sir, I'm excited, but I'm a little bit nervous".
"That's OK. Everyone gets a little nervous the first time."
After we got out there and ready to go, I gave him some simple instruction. The first pull was really close, I gave him another tip and some words of encouragement and voila, he was up and riding. After another fall, I returned with another tip and some encouragement and this time it was on! He crossed the wake HS and went zipping out to the side, after a few moments of figuring out how to control the board, he crossed back to the middle, back out HS, back in the middle then out TS, back the middle and eventually fell. He had the biggest smile ever.
"You should try the wake surfer, it should be easy for you."
"For real?"
"Yeah man, you'll probably get on the first try."
And he did.
"James you are incredible. We should try the kneeboard. I'll bet you could learn that also" And he did, first pull and he did 360s, about a dozen or so. All the while, he yelling back to shore "Look everybody, I'm doing it!" Now it's 4:30!!!
"James!!! You learned 3 things in one hour!!! I have never seen any one learn 3 things in one hour!!"
He had the least amount of time on the water but learned the most things. It was a super cool thing to be a part of.
(this was James' second time on a boat, he had participated in our Wake & Flake event earlier this year. He only tubed that time.)
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
It was definitely an AWESOME event and the kids will have some great memories of their day on the lake. Here is coverage from one of the news stations:
http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...-day-of-summer

I towed our boat over from TN and would do it again in a heartbeat just to see the faces of the kids and hear their excitement. We had a girl in our group who had never been on a boat before and didn't know how to swim. We had to hold her hands to get her to even step on the boat. By the end of the afternoon, we couldn't get her out of the water or the grin off her face!!! There are many stories like these that come out of an event like this. I would strongly encourage everyone to participate in these events. It could be one of the most rewarding things that you ever do (with or without your boat) in your life.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-01-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
I talked with Heath last night. The tentative plans are to do the Alabama event one week after the NC event. That way I can pack up all of our left over supplies and bring them to AL. WTW - NC will be June 20 & 21, 2011 making WTW - AL June 27 & 28, 2011. Heath was trying hard for this summer, but the children's home's schedule was already too full for this summer.

Here is another video from WTW - NC, this one is from Fox 8 News.

http://www.myfox8.com/sports/wghp-wa...,0,68860.story
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-01-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Ok, well we have good news and bad news. Bad news is this event will not happen this year. Big Oaks Ranch said that the house parents are taking their vacations now and cannot do any more activities this year. They did say if we go ahead and mark a date for next year it would not be a problem. So as of right now we are going to make the date June 27th and 28th. I am talking to the builder of the neighborhood I am in and trying to make sure we can do it there. We have over 18 boat slips and a nice pool with poolhouse we could set up everything at. I also talked to Jonathon at B.O.R (Big Oaks Ranch) and he said anyone that wants to make donations for Wake the World can send the money to them and they can put it in a separate account to hold till our event. Just make sure you let them know. We decided to do this the week after The North Carolina event so Greg would already have everything together from his event and could bring his stuff down to ours. This event wil be held on a Monday and Tuesday so we can make sure there will not be as many people out and will give us more room on the lake with smoother conditions. I am waiting on an email back from the developer of my neighborhood and when he confirms these dates I will let you all know so you can try and make arrangements for next year. This might be a blessing that we are putting this off till next year so we can make it a little bigger and better. I hope to start talking to local businesses about sponship or donations to help out with the cost. If you know someone that may be interested please have them contact me. Thanks
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       07-01-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Greg/Heath,

I am targeting the 3rd Monday in July (18th) next year for TN. I've got Sequoyah Marina on board for a location to host it from.

Tim
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-01-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
Tim-
You may want to talk to Ryan also about dates. Since his (WTW Texas) is the 19th this year, he may be shooting for the same week next year. As we get more states involved, there will inevitably be a conflict.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-19-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Well good news. I have heard back from the developer of my neighborhood and they have agreed to let us use their facilities. So it will be at Silver Rock Cove.I have just got off of the phone with Big Oaks Ranch and they are verifying the dates I gave them to make sure it will be ok. Right now I am looking at June 27th and 28th. That is a week after Greg's event so he will be able to bring what ever is left over from his event with him to this one. So this should give everyone enough time to arrange plans to make it. I hope everyone is still interested and if you know for sure you can make these dates please let me know.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-19-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
www.silverockcove.com
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-19-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sounds good Heath. I'll mark it on my calendar and hopefully be able to arrange the time off work.

Off topic..... did they have the poker run this past weekend?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-19-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
Yeah, but I missed it. My boat had to go in the shop. I hope to have it back next weekend. I hope. I heard they had a cookout at Silver rock after the poker run. Duskin Point said they might be interested in helping out with Wake the World also. I have to go by and talk to them soon about it. If you see my boat out dont hesitate to stop by.
Old     (luckydog83)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-20-2010, 12:01 PM Reply   
I've marked the dates on my calander. If we do goodie bags and need the bags for the things to go in, I can most likely supply them through my work. I'm glad to see this shaping up so nicely!
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-21-2010, 5:14 AM Reply   
I had it marked on my calendar for this weekend(The Poker Run) Got out Sat evening and saw the tents set up at SilverRock and at JW's place down at Duncan so I guess I got my dates wrong.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-21-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
Well we wanted to try for this year but Big Oaks Ranch could not do it this year. Sorry for the confusion. Chris it was you that I met a few weeks ago on the seadoo right? Please stop by and hang out with next time your down. I think that day I had a lot of family down so it was a little hectic. Sorry about that.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-21-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Just spoke with a local dealer Rhett at Skiers Marine and they are having a fund raiser this weekend for Big Oaks Ranch where they will pull anyone for 40.00 on different boats they sell. This will happen at Lay Lake. He has also said they would like to join us next year at Wake the World. This is great news. I am hoping they will be able to bring a few boats up with them.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-22-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
I just got back from Wake the World Texas. It was another incredible day on the water with the kids. They served Texas Bar B Que for supper, it was awesome! There were 10 boats for 35 kids, so there was plenty of water time for everyone. On our boat, we had 4 kids, Gregory, Edgar Selina and Isabella. The girls got up on the wakeboard on the first try, Edgar got up on the second try. Everybody tubed and kneeboarded.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-22-2010, 9:09 PM Reply   
Here is a video link from Texas.

http://www.ksat.com/newsarchive/2431...ail.html#video
Old     (nautique830)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-22-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
Wake the world texas was awesome. I am glad to have given my time and boat. None of the boys on my boat had done any water sports prior to today. All of them had a blast tubing. 3 of the 4 boys on my boat got up wakeboarding. 1 of which popped right up his first attempt…ever! One of them did a slight “Ollie” on the wakeboard and on the kneeboard he pulled a surface 360. Was very impressed to see that getting thrown down the first day on the lake. Kids all had fun, we all ate great food, and all had a great time.

Great event, look forward to doing it next year.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-23-2010, 5:13 AM Reply   
It was great to meet Trey and the other boat owners. It is amazing the effect it has on us (the adults).