Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
I have an older direct drive and want to buy some weight for it. I like idea of being able to sit on my fat sacs but I dont know which route to go. The lounge seats are about 500 lbs ea. and the Sofa is 1200 lbs. Any suggestions. Also which pump system is the best set up. How may gph is necessary.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-17-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
open or closed bow?

With the sofa you'll want to throw about 4-600 up front. With the side seats you'll want a little in the back still.

I had an older MC 205 and ran both setups depending how many people were gonna be out on the boat that day.
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
19 Ft. closed bow. How much add'l weight in the back with the side seats? The boat site 8 legally and about 6 comfortably with ice chest and stuff. Also I have a Fly High pole with no racks so where do I store the wakeboard with the side seats?
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
sorry, sits 8 legally " "
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2005, 2:03 AM Reply   
I have a 19ft closed bow and have the launch pad fat sofa. Generally we only fill the sofa 1/2 to 3/4 full if we have a full boat (6 people plus)
If its only say 3 people its full and a sac up the front.

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-18-2005, 6:02 AM Reply   
In my MC PS 190 I run 600 in the rear, 600 on each side of the motor box and 200-300 in the bow.
Old    svfara            02-18-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
I have run both (fly high versions), and find the side seats to be more practical, easier to get around in the boat etc...
It allowed me to still leave the rear seat in and just put a sac underneath it.
I have a pair of silver side seats forsale if anybody is interested
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-18-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
eric, how much for the side seats? any pics? how much weight?
Old     (mattman5000)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
I used to run both at the same time in my old boat (old Malibu sunsetter). Sofa in the rear and lounges on the sides of the motor, as well as a 350 pounder in the bow. I usually filled up the rear sofa and the front bag all the way, then filled the side lounges depending on how many people in the boat.

You are probably better off with the sofa than the lounges. Less stuff to have to crawl over in your boat. Also easier to fill one bag than two bags. Like others have said, you will probably need some weight up front to balance it out.
Old    svfara            02-18-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Adam,

I have some pics, but they're at home (won't be back until Sunday night)

It's like the white one pictured below except it has 4 valves on each end. Same color silver as the convertible side seat I had first (would look great in your boat!)

I may have jumped the gun a little on offering them up forsale, as my boat is not officially sold yet. I'll be at the boat show Sunday, so maybe I'll have a better idea of exactly what I'm doing after that (hopefully getting a vdrive!)
white side seat
silver convertible fat seat
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-18-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
Eric,

let me know what you decide to do.