Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2011, 9:58 PM Reply   
Was out on the lake today and was wakeboarding, did a normal wake to wake jump and my knee pop and that was it. Now i cant walk or even put hardly any weight on it. Done had surgery once on my knee. Looks like another trip to the doctor and im praying for the best.
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-05-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
Ah bummer. Might not be as bad as you think though.
A little over a month ago i was at owc and hurt my knee off the kicker. At first, my doctor told me i would need surgery although it was just a low grade partial tear of the ACL. But, i went back a week later and he decided i would be okay without surgery.
Good luck
Old    BenjTrogdon            07-05-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago. I cased the wake off of a double up and landed really front foot heavy... I figured out that's not a very good way to try to land a trick. I haven't wakeboarded in 2 weeks but hopefully soon I can be riding again. At first I really thought I tore something, but I never went to the doctor. Im pretty sure its hard for the doctors to diagnose an injury before an official MRI. Im not very experienced with knee injuries, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes haha
Old     (V237TX_Nate)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-05-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Sounds like an ACL. I always wear a knee brace on my week knee to try and prevent that from happening to me. Hopefully its not and you can get back to riding soon.
Old     (WakeUKY)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-05-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Feel your pain, I sprained my MCL 2 weeks ago. Finally walking okay on it now, will start to run again this week hopefully then get back to riding in 2 weeks.

Your MCL is at high risk when landing with your knee bent at an angle (wakeboarding). Depending on the way you land your knee wants to push laterally risking your MCL. I hope for your sake it is just an MCL and not an ACL as no surgery and quicker recoveries are associated with the MCL.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-05-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Hopefully its not too bad. I also landed front foot heavy. Still cant put much weight on it today. Going to the doctor in the morning wish me luck. What would be a good knee brace to buy for wakeboarding?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-06-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
3 weeks ago I landed in someone elses roller on a sunset run. Completely dislocated my good knee. MRI results... sprained MCL and LCL, Torn ACL and knocked to pieces of cartilage off my femur. SEASON OVER. Im looking forward to 2012 and rocking a CTI brace on both knees now.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
Going for a MRI on monday doctor thinks i have tore my ACL. Looks like my season is done. But hopefully he is mistaking.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-07-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
Been there. Torn MCL 2 seasons ago, torn ACL last year. Needless to say been doing a lot of skating and surfing. Sorry bro, all i can say is work it out as much as possible during physical therapy..