Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    tcboarder            06-04-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
hey, im planing on entering a comp on the 12th, i can do hs and ts 360s, but i cant get them w2w, i got w2w 180s and a large aray of grabs. in this next week should i try to get my 3s w2w. or should i try some new tricks, i wanna do good, but sence its my 1st comp i dont know what is gonna get me more points? thanks
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-04-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
you have to get your 3's w2w, and learn some inverts that will help out a lot, backroll, tantrum, and frontrolls should also help you out.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-04-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
Hey K-dub. I am going to be there, too, if you are talking about the one on Lake Como, WI. They will have different divisions-beginner, intermediate, outlaw and women (look at my profile and you will know what division I am in ). The contest runs are usually about 30 seconds down, turn around and 30 seconds back. You will be judged on a 100 point scale - 1/3 composition, 1/3 technical and 1/3 intensity. From the sounds of it you are beginner or intermediate. What I usually do before a contest is set aside a few pulls to practice a 'contest run' meaning keeping it fluid, going big (for me anyway) and having diversity. Remember, these are supposed to be fun! Also, as a warning, the wake will be very different from what you are used to most likely - so it may take one contest just to feel it out. Two falls and you are done being scored so rather than try something that is sketchy I just try to do what I have that is solid. I save the sketchy trick for the last few seconds of the pass. I'll see you there!
Old    tcboarder            06-04-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
thanks, ill try that tommrow when i go out, yea, its the lake como comp so yea ill see ya there
Old    blind5            06-04-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
Try to look really comfortable and don't rush your tricks but don't stall on them either, meaning do as many tricks as possible but do look rushed to get to your next trick.
Old    the_friend            06-05-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
for ur first comp dont worry about gettin points just go out ther and get the feeling for competitions just go and have som fun. try talkin to other riders who have been at the comp before cuase they will now how its run
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-05-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
I ride in advanced divisions & I always start my first run with an array of tech grabs, taken big and stylie this will get you warm and show some style. Try a hard trick(one you can land) near the end of your first pass. Seriously though have the run made up in your head before hand & visualize it for a week before hand. Once you've done it in your mind a thousand times you will know exactly what's going on as you cut in.